watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marlon Fossey: Road to Recovery

Started by AnOldBrownie, May 08, 2019, 07:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

With Marlon and Steven competing for the right back spot we look set for that position in the championship with Odoi and Christie.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

keithh

After 8 months of rehab.......Wow!

kiwian

What determination! I hope he gets the success he deserves next season.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

The Rational Fan

I think Steven Sessegnon and one of Marlon Fossey or Dramah should play against Newcastle. We need to find out if they are good enough with Odoi for the bench next season, otherwise we need to buy full backs for the bench in the summer.

bobbo

I know little about fossey besides he's had a nasty injury, but I saw him in the friendly preseason v sampdoria and I thought he looked very impressive.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 09, 2019, 06:01:50 AM
I think Steven Sessegnon and one of Marlon Fossey or Dramah should play against Newcastle. We need to find out if they are good enough with Odoi for the bench next season, otherwise we need to buy full backs for the bench in the summer.

As I have mentioned many times now, I don't believe that it makes almost any difference if they play against Newcastle or not. Even if they have a great game, it says little of whether or not they are ready to play a big part next season. And if they have a horrible game, it also doesn't mean that they will not be ready to play their part next season.

The ones actually involved can see the development of these players on a daily basis, and as such can actually make an informed decision based on that. Although I acknowledge that you can never really know how a player will respond to the added pressure of first team games, a sample size consisting of at most 90 minutes is worth almost nothing in this respect.

I am sure SP will play them if he deem they are the best for the job. If not, they will have to earn their place just like it should be.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 09, 2019, 09:31:15 AM

As I have mentioned many times now, I don't believe that it makes almost any difference if they play against Newcastle or not. Even if they have a great game, it says little of whether or not they are ready to play a big part next season. And if they have a horrible game, it also doesn't mean that they will not be ready to play their part next season.

The ones actually involved can see the development of these players on a daily basis, and as such can actually make an informed decision based on that. Although I acknowledge that you can never really know how a player will respond to the added pressure of first team games, a sample size consisting of at most 90 minutes is worth almost nothing in this respect.

I am sure SP will play them if he deem they are the best for the job. If not, they will have to earn their place just like it should be.

If they are likely to be better than Christie and Odoi next season, we don't need to buy full backs and instead let them fight their way into the team. Otherwise, we need to buy improvements for Christie and Odoi in the summer. Maybe we buy improvements anyway and sell Odoi as soon as the youngest s are better than him.

Bill2

Watched him for U23's the other week on Fulham TV. Looked impressive and got some pace but a big step up to the 1st team.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 09, 2019, 09:39:05 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on May 09, 2019, 09:31:15 AM

If they are likely to be better than Christie and Odoi next season, we don't need to buy full backs and instead let them fight their way into the team. Otherwise, we need to buy improvements for Christie and Odoi in the summer. Maybe we buy improvements anyway and sell Odoi as soon as the youngest s are better than him.

I agree that whether or not they are ready has an impact on whether or not we may need to find other players for that position. I just disagree that potential playing time
against Newcastle makes much of a difference in determining whether or not they are ready.

I also believe that Christie and Odoi are good enough for next season if the rest of the squad is strong. They are both at the very least of a decent Championship level in my opinion. We don't have to have candidates for team of the year in every position. Not that I wouldn't like it, but more that it is unlikely to happen.

Until we know which players are leaving, I think it is difficult to say what we need. We have good or very good players for every position as it stands, and we also have some good bench players. Now, I don't believe we will keep every player and take up every contract extension that we can, but for now it is anyone's guess who will stay and who will leave. 

Barrett487

I think SSess should play against NUFC, baptism in the EPL will provide a good test for his temperament. If he performs well he'll swagger into the Championship, whereas if he bottles it then next season still won't be as daunting.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We may have a very pleasant headache starting next season.
Sess  Fossey. And Dramah are all very promising but they cannot all play at right back.
Press rumour says that Dramah is wanted by Liverpool and it may be a choice of finding another position for one of the other two.
Why should we train up Drameh just for Liverpool to grab him for a pittance?
The way of things I am afraid.

simplyfulham

Steve Sess has played the odd game at centre back for us. I think he played there in an early cup game this season I think? Maybe we can stick him next to Mawson.

razor05

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 09, 2019, 12:23:34 PM
Steve Sess has played the odd game at centre back for us. I think he played there in an early cup game this season I think? Maybe we can stick him next to Mawson.

S Sess has never played CB, his 2 starts to date  versus Wycombe and Bristol Rovers were at RB. Fossey is by far a better prospect.

simplyfulham

Quote from: razor05 on May 09, 2019, 02:20:08 PM

S Sess has never played CB, his 2 starts to date  versus Wycombe and Bristol Rovers were at RB. Fossey is by far a better prospect.

He played there in the carabao cup game against Exeter this year. He came on for Alfie Mawson on his debut.

He's also played there the odd occasion in friendlies and reserve games.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: razor05 on May 09, 2019, 02:20:08 PM

Played CB in a two against Exeter when he came on and as the RCB in a three against Millwall. Just depends on the system we want to use next season in-terms of where he'll end up. Personally think with the defenders we have a 3 at the back suits us (Mawson the ideal central Centre-Back, Bryan's better as a LWB so he can't get caught out at the back post as much etc.) and if we did end up with a 3, I'd see S. Sessegnon as a RCB and then have either Drameh or Fossey as a back-up RWB and loan the other one.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bill2 on May 09, 2019, 09:42:06 AM
Watched him for U23's the other week on Fulham TV. Looked impressive and got some pace but a big step up to the 1st team.

Nothing can be judged from that game.

My daughter had a mild MCL tear that had her miss 4 months of football.    The first 2 games she played when she came back she played at about 75%.

Marlon will be ready to try out for the first team closer to summer time.  He's reaction time and pace aren't what they will be in a few months.

Edit:  It's time to give more youth 1st team games (Not against Newcastle this weekend) .    Trent Alexander Arnold is Marlon's age and he's in the Champions League final as a starter, and he's started other Champions League games. (as a right back)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 09, 2019, 06:37:06 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on May 09, 2019, 09:42:06 AM

Nothing can be judged from that game.

My daughter had a mild MCL tear that had her miss 4 months of football.    The first 2 games she played when she came back she played at about 75%.

Marlon will be ready to try out for the first team closer to summer time.  He's reaction time and pace aren't what they will be in a few months.

Edit:  It's time to give more youth 1st team games (Not against Newcastle this weekend) .    Trent Alexander Arnold is Marlon's age and he's in the Champions League final as a starter, and he's started other Champions League games. (as a right back)

I expect Marlon Fossey maybe loaned out to League One for the first half of next season. He looks like he can push Christie to the bench within a year or two.

toshes mate

A really constructive video about returning to professional football after knee ligament damage with Marlon showing the dedication required to get both legs back to equal strength.  As someone who has suffered a medial collateral ligament tear I can vouch for the dedication needed to strengthen the damaged knee with or without an operation to reconstruct the ligament.  The pictures of his strengthening routine brought back memories of my first days of recovery although I would never ever even attempt some of the feats seen in that video.   

Marlon Fossey deserves a breakthrough into first team action when he is ready to do so.

AnOldBrownie

Well, he's been named to the USA 40 man provisional Gold Cup roster along with Mr. Ream.    Here's hoping he gets playing time at the RB spot.

Hope he stays healthy.   

love4ffc

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 20, 2019, 11:48:13 PM
Well, he's been named to the USA 40 man provisional Gold Cup roster along with Mr. Ream.    Here's hoping he gets playing time at the RB spot.

Hope he stays healthy.   

0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?