more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marlon Fossey: Road to Recovery

Started by AnOldBrownie, May 08, 2019, 07:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 20, 2019, 11:48:13 PM
Well, he's been named to the USA 40 man provisional Gold Cup roster along with Mr. Ream.    Here's hoping he gets playing time at the RB spot.

Hope he stays healthy.   

I really don't think we absolutely need to buy a right back in the summer, because we have Christie, Odoi, S.Sess, Fossey, Dramah and Cisse there. We need forwards and a right sided centre back first, although a loan maybe a good idea in case youth doesn't work out but worst case is not terrible with christie / odoi.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 21, 2019, 07:29:48 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 20, 2019, 11:48:13 PM
Well, he's been named to the USA 40 man provisional Gold Cup roster along with Mr. Ream.    Here's hoping he gets playing time at the RB spot.

Hope he stays healthy.   

I really don't think we absolutely need to buy a right back in the summer, because we have Christie, Odoi, S.Sess, Fossey, Dramah and Cisse there. We need forwards and a right sided centre back first, although a loan maybe a good idea in case youth doesn't work out but worst case is not terrible with christie / odoi.

I agree that we may not have to buy a right back. However, S. Sess, Fossey and Drameh are all almost completely untried at the professional level, and Cisse is not a right back (only played a few games there in an inferior league like 6 years ago I believe). So we should assume it is Christie and Odoi, which is fine for me as well.

toshes mate

We need flank partnerships that work on both sides i.e. at least four players who are devastatingly quick to turn games around.  Not sure who the four main partners will be yet but I sure hope they all work together in the manner of Targett/Sessegnon and Fredericks/Aluko, Piazon, Ayite (etc).  In my opinion that also takes a lot of pressure off the two centre backs and the defensive midfielder.  I hope Fossey is a big improvement on Christie in pace if nothing else, and may mean the latter can be shifted to midfield. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: toshes mate on May 21, 2019, 09:57:26 AM
We need flank partnerships that work on both sides i.e. at least four players who are devastatingly quick to turn games around.  Not sure who the four main partners will be yet but I sure hope they all work together in the manner of Targett/Sessegnon and Fredericks/Aluko, Piazon, Ayite (etc).  In my opinion that also takes a lot of pressure off the two centre backs and the defensive midfielder.  I hope Fossey is a big improvement on Christie in pace if nothing else, and may mean the latter can be shifted to midfield.

Agreed. 

One thing that I have yet to see from any of Fulham's fullbacks is the work rate Ryan Fredericks had in 17/18...plus 90% of the time he was the fastest man on the pitch.    It helped a lot defensively.

Christie doesn't have it...Odoi can be straight line fast sometimes...but not like Fredericks...

Marlon is reportedly pacey.   I haven't had the opportunity to see that.  Hopefully he'll make the Gold Cup squad and I'll be able to see if he's a true runner or not.

AnOldBrownie

So Marlon has a first team nunber (28)... As does Steven... So im going to stop begging for a RB. TK is obviously going with the youth for that spot behind Cyrus... And i approve.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

A lot appears to be riding on this young man getting healthy.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 08, 2019, 08:58:11 PM
A lot appears to be riding on this young man getting healthy.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Or on Steven... or Odoi, or Christie

AnOldBrownie

It's weird.  I can't find anything on the internet regarding Marlon other than this story.

He's apparently Fulham's #28 now, but since his one game in the youth system earlier in the spring there has been nothing.   No injury update, no loan to another squad, no game time with the youth squad.

It's like he dropped off the face of the earth.

simplyfulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 05, 2019, 04:57:35 PM
It's weird.  I can't find anything on the internet regarding Marlon other than this story.

He's apparently Fulham's #28 now, but since his one game in the youth system earlier in the spring there has been nothing.   No injury update, no loan to another squad, no game time with the youth squad.

It's like he dropped off the face of the earth.

If it's any consolation, I saw him in my local Waitrose last week. So at least he still exists!

Also, he's looking a lot taller.

jayffc

I gather from Spigs on Voy forums that he had another small set back injury wise, nothing to serious but they are just being very cautious with him as he'd just got back to full training.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: jayffc on September 05, 2019, 05:46:56 PM
I gather from Spigs on Voy forums that he had another small set back injury wise, nothing to serious but they are just being very cautious with him as he'd just got back to full training.

I hope it works out.

I want Sess to be challenged for that starting spot by someone young...who happens to be taller and faster than him.