watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Michael Carrick To Fulham?

Started by White Noise, October 27, 2010, 07:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/27/football-rumours-manchester-united-shea

It remains a matter of some uncertainty as to whether the Glazers will allow any more money to be spent after all the contract extensions but some folks clearly believe they will: and that's good news for Sir Alex Ferguson's long-time penpal Steven Defour, who will finally be brought to Old Trafford from Standard Liège in January. Mind you, that deal could be funded by the sales of Michael Carrick and Darron Gibson, with the former a target for Fulham and the latter highly fancied by WBA and Sunderland.

JezamyBates

His wages alone would cripple us, not to mention any would be transfer fee

no chance

nevzter

If Fulham offload a couple of players and clear some wage space, then, who knows...regardless, and damn, I'd be happy to see him in the middle for Fulham.  Would he want to play for Fulham?

And we have no idea what type of funds are going to be made available to MH in January, so maybe there's some traction to this rumor.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

HatterDon

of the two, I'd much prefer Gibson.  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on October 27, 2010, 10:32:39 PM
of the two, I'd much prefer Gibson.  :HD:

I hope you are joking  :dft002:

Mr Fulham

SmithyFFC

Carrick would be a brillant signing for us, would be able to replace Murphy as he is four years younger.

The tranfser fee though would be about £8-15 million which I doubt we could really afford. Also his wages would be higher than we could possibly pay.

Would be a great signing but never gonna happen.
FTID

bigalffc

maybe a loan deal? he would be useful in for danny
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

cebu

Quote from: bigalffc on October 28, 2010, 09:31:53 PM
maybe a loan deal? he would be useful in for danny

Yes, I think a loan deal would be our only chance financially.  :045:

os5889

Personally I think Carricks career has gone the way of Bentleys of late, too many players to compete against and a fear of performing.

To see him play for Fulham would be incredible as the boy can control a game in a way I've only seen Scholes and Essien do so....

Being a realist though he'll bide his time, once Scholes finally ends up down at Oldham he'll get his shot.

Media trying to start something that isnt there?? OS thinks so....

manxman

would be awesome to see carrick here, but i cant see it actually happening. If he had a low price tag and dropped his wages maybe...  :50: but i doubt it
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."