watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOE HART signing for Fulham is a marriage made in heaven

Started by Nick Bateman, May 12, 2019, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

It seems obvious to every Fulham follower that Sergio Rico was a major factor in our poor performance in the Premier League, and in the Championship he will not be able to cope with the rough-and-tumble of that physical division.

Joe Hart is available and has played and lived in London - he is a former England international and commands his box with authority.

Fulham should sign him rather than allow a lesser financially armed club like Norwich acquire him before us.  Fulham can offer Hart a far higher wage and better contract.

Some will doubt Hart because of his recent loss of form but that is all it is, a loss of form.  Goalkeepers can play up to 40 years old at the highest level so Hart is relectively a young man in this position.

And finally Fulham can get rid of one of the WORST keepers we have ever had since Peter Mellor!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

AnOldBrownie

Betts is going to start next season no?   I'm ok with bringing in Joe to fight for the starting spot, but I don't rate Joe Hart at all.  I've seen too many games where he looks like Rico.

Deeping_white

Nick I know you're a troll but at least do your homework before trying to be a troll else you look even more unintelligent

MikeTheCubed

What's Rob Green up to these days?

Mickeyboro

Rico is on loan, not a chance he will stay. So OP is flawed.

I have high hopes of Rodak..

Woolly Mammoth

Hopefully Rico has played his last game for Fulham, which should be in the best interest of all parties.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

junior white

It isn't a bad idea, a lot is down to confidence and he has not been shown any of after by the managers at the clubs he is at. Rico is an example of this as the season went on he got better as his confidence grew due to the backing he received. However it isn't a priority if we have Betts, Fabri and possibly Rodak (do not know to much about him). Betts is a competent championship keeper for sure

bobby01

Rico sitting on the floor laughing after the fourth goal will be my everlasting memory of him, one of the worst keepers we have had.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Deeping_white

Quote from: bobby01 on May 12, 2019, 05:54:20 PM
Rico sitting on the floor laughing after the fourth goal will be my everlasting memory of him, one of the worst keepers we have had.

One of the worst keepers we've ever had???? You could have him and Fabri in goal with that excuse of a defence we had in front of our keepers this season and they wouldn't fare much better. We win 3 games in a row keeping 3 clean sheets and he's MoTM in all of them, what more can he do when he's got a bunch of clowns defending his goal in front of him?

Bill2

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 12, 2019, 05:59:10 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on May 12, 2019, 05:54:20 PM

One of the worst keepers we've ever had???? You could have him and Fabri in goal with that excuse of a defence we had in front of our keepers this season and they wouldn't fare much better. We win 3 games in a row keeping 3 clean sheets and he's MoTM in all of them, what more can he do when he's got a bunch of clowns defending his goal in front of him?
Pretty fair assessment. He is good shot stopper but woefully when the ball is in the air.

H4usuallysitting

We need a decent defence before we go for a keeper....we also need a leader or two in the back 4.... Before looking at a keeper I'd go for Cahill or Sean Morrisson

bobby01

Catch the ball,
Not continually batting it back to the penalty spot,
But enough arguing, hopefully he will be gone, we need to decide where we go from here, imo the entire back five need changing but we have not addressed the problem so far, so I won't be holding my breath
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Nick Bateman

The point is Fulham should move for Joe Hart.  Admittedly he didn't fare well at Bumley but at such a 'dead-end' club who would.  One recalls Hart looking the best goalkeeper in the PL, something not many other keepers can ever boast.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Texas White

I think the important word is "looked" as in old news. You need youth not walking Frame's..

Art Vandelay

Hart's fall from grace has been spectacular, if we signed him and built him back up to as near as good as he used to be it could be a good signing but will be far too risky and costly.

Betts and Rodak will be more than good enough for the championship.

Milo

I believe Hart and Pickford are both overly expressive and emotional in the tunnel and on the pitch. Comes across as erratic and nervous.

They need to, as my nephew says, take a "chill pill".

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 12, 2019, 06:22:40 PM
The point is Fulham should move for Joe Hart.  Admittedly he didn't fare well at Bumley but at such a 'dead-end' club who would.  One recalls Hart looking the best goalkeeper in the PL, something not many other keepers can ever boast.
Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 12, 2019, 06:22:40 PM

Burnley are far from dead end club.
Well run club with dyed in the wool fans,who I've often had a good laugh with before and after games over the years.

epsomraver

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 12, 2019, 05:19:01 PM
Nick I know you're a troll but at least do your homework before trying to be a troll else you look even more unintelligent
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Mickeyboro on May 12, 2019, 05:35:16 PM
Rico is on loan, not a chance he will stay. So OP is flawed.

I have high hopes of Rodak..
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

ex-Pat