watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today could be a blessing in disguise

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 12, 2019, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 12, 2019, 06:19:13 PMHe's not going to get at 30 million pound offer from anyone, so he's not going anywhere.

Southampton are rumored to be interested in him for £30m. Media talk at the moment but would you sell him for that amount of money? I'd prefer to hold on to him because we have a proven goal scorer at Championship level in him and he'll bang in a bucket load of goals for us next season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

toshes mate

It has been a disastrous season with mistake after mistake from last June almost through to this June.  What remains to be seen is what can be salvaged from the wreckage, and which bits are worth selling on because the Club can do better.   

I'd start by saying we need two full backs and two wide midfielders who can complement each other perfectly.  We have a left back who shows promise but he needs someone ahead of him who really is good at attacking, covering, and defending.  I am unsure the Sessegnon - Bryan partnership works well enough to be a good one for next season and so I'd op for a better left back or sell Sess and go for a strong, pacey wide left midfielder who can pass, shoot and cross.  We do not have an adequate right back and that place needs to be filled with a suitable partner for Ayite in mind, e.g. a 'Fredericks' type of full back. pacey, strong and aggressive.  We need central defensive partnerships (perhaps three/four interchangeable candidates) that work and do not hinge on fitness worries.  We need a striker to back up Mitro who has pace, height, and aggression, and offers a different set of problems. 

We do not have to spend lots of money to get what we need; we just need to attract the right players to the Club out of preference.  We need to stop having too many loanees on our books, and look to get younger players on the pitch for short term experience and development if nothing else.   Parker can do it but he needs total backing from the Club as a whole.