watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

season tickets

Started by ALG01, May 13, 2019, 11:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

sitting in the JH stand as I do, before the game I started looking around and wondered if the putney end would be able to accomdate all the people from the Riverside.... and then the penny dropped, where will they put the chairman and his failing entourage... and presumably they will come back to the JH where Tommy Trinder used to sit. In which case where will they put the dislodged press and where will they host the pre  and post match and half time tea.

I do hope this does not mean we will be disruppted too. Perhaps they can decamp to the cottage?
Hopwever I have the feeling m,y 60 year tenure in my current seat may be in danger! Maybe that is why there is such a delay because they do not know what to do with the press/directors box.

JimmyConway

What about televised games? where do cameras go?

filham

There was some vague references in the match programme on Sunday by the Chairman which suggested some delay in the progress of the new stand. He promised a full report soon.

My view is that if the demolition team are not working at the Cottage this morning then the project is already running late.

The more you think about all of this the more you think it will be delayed for another season and will eventually mean us moving from the Cottage during construction.

Milo

Chairman etc could sit on cottage balcony.

Bill2

Quote from: filham on May 13, 2019, 11:17:58 AM
There was some vague references in the match programme on Sunday by the Chairman which suggested some delay in the progress of the new stand. He promised a full report soon.

My view is that if the demolition team are not working at the Cottage this morning then the project is already running late.

The more you think about all of this the more you think it will be delayed for another season and will eventually mean us moving from the Cottage during construction.
Never got to read the programme as I threw it away in disgust after the game, but rumours are flying around in that we will be playing at Loftus Rd for a season.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Bill2 on May 13, 2019, 02:31:12 PM
Quote from: filham on May 13, 2019, 11:17:58 AM

Never got to read the programme as I threw it away in disgust after the game, but rumours are flying around in that we will be playing at Loftus Rd for a season.

FST meeting notes have always said that the club intends to maintain Craven Cottage as our home during the works. Even without the riverside stand, i think the cottage is bigger capacity wise than Loftus Road anyway.

Andy S

Totally agree it won't be easy. In fact I would say it would be impossible. Where do the away supporters go if you put the riversides in the Putney end?

KJS

Muted yesterday at ground that announcement poss Tuesday about QPR ground share😞

Skatzoffc

If we lose the usual PL cheap seaters that will be 7-8k gone from our 24.5k capacity.

Hammersmith, Stevenage & Putney, (with reduced away fans/game due to lower capacity overall), will do the job imo.

Think it could work
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Steven Ageroad

ALGO1, I also sit in the JH stand just behind the press box and just like you looked around and thought this is where the Directors and Co will be sitting next season and having been there many years would be very upset at a move. Something you forgot to mention re the central area of the JH stand is that the dugout will probably right in front of the stand and therefore a number of people who now sit in the old Enclosure area will also be asked to move.

The more I think about it, although I don't like it, another move to QPR looks on the cards!

Kev

Well I for one won't be going QPR

filham

Quote from: Kev on May 13, 2019, 05:07:46 PM
Well I for one won't be going QPR
I guess I will but not looking forward to it at all. Last time we were there I went from Cottage terraces to a Loftus Road seat, the Cottage terracing was much more comfortable.

Pieter A’dam

I am on Riverside and if we move to Loftus Road, I will take a membership at best and perhaps will attend more away games than 'home' games ....

ALG01

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 13, 2019, 04:39:58 PM
ALGO1, I also sit in the JH stand just behind the press box and just like you looked around and thought this is where the Directors and Co will be sitting next season and having been there many years would be very upset at a move. Something you forgot to mention re the central area of the JH stand is that the dugout will probably right in front of the stand and therefore a number of people who now sit in the old Enclosure area will also be asked to move.

The more I think about it, although I don't like it, another move to QPR looks on the cards!

To be honest, after I posted I did think about the dugouts but decided that I had depressed myself enough.

I think the whole thing is a ridiculous state of affairs. If they know they want the new stand then at that point it would have seemed prudent to decide how it would happen. The directors could go in the cottage and it is possible the dugouts could remain on the other side with a little imagination... however it just seems to me a ground share is most likely. I think if w would have stayed in the prem we could have gone to  stamford bridge because of its additional size, but in this divison loftus road is more likely.

However, surely a proper statement should have been forthcoming.

Twig

The whole thing is a dog's breakfast. You couldn't make it up.  If, and it's a huge if, the development goes ahead then a ground share at QPR would mean I would not renew my season two tickets. I kept them last time and didn't enjoy the experience.

KJS

I feel the same Loftarse road is a pit!

sunburywhite

Good job we got relegated then as it will mean smaller crowds which will allow the redevelopment going ahead with lesser impact
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

aaronmcguigan

Sorry but someone's position is surely under threat for this mess up.
The lack of communication is the worst thing , but the fact the stand has been drawn up and redrawn, contractors negotiated etc since 2012 and with the Khans since 2013, without s definitive seating rearrangements or placements defined is absolutely shambolic.

Yes they are dealing with it, but at the detriment to fans for next season.

Obviously something isn't right. Call it off and do it for definite next summer, with everything sorted

Shredhead

Why don't we move to Griffin Park for a season or two? I'm sure we'd be welcomed with open arms!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Berserker

I think it has been a glinch in the Riverside development that is taking them longer to sort out.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.