watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harvey

Started by Peabody, May 13, 2019, 02:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Was very impresssed with Harvey yesterdayrday, terrific work ethic and showed he wasn't in awe of anyone, even had a shot on goal. Well done young man.

ALG01

Skatzoffc

Stayed on his feet when Shelvey shoved into him from behind too.
He did well.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Steven Ageroad

A real star of the future and he's ours, at the moment.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

A different type of lad to Sess. He will be off when he is 17.

love4ffc

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 13, 2019, 04:34:06 PM
I have a feeling that your will be correct in your prediction in that as soon as he can sign a professional contract he'll be off.  If that comes to be will be a real shame because he does show some real talent that Fulham would be wise to keep a hold off for as long as possible. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Nero

Did anyone else find it strange that they had him coming on last week on MOTD, due to the fact of his age, but this week when he actually did a few things in the game not one highlight of him

Sting of the North

Is this based on something in particular? Just curious as to how you come to this conclusion.

Woolly Mammoth

I reckon Elliott will not only be a squad member next season, he will get starts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Afraid that one of the big clubs will snap him up before he signs a full contract with us but surely by now we know how to overcome that risk.

Jamie88

I really hope he at least stays for a season with us in the Championship and gain some good experience like Sess did. How many top rated young players have there been over the years who have left as soon as they could to join a big club only for their careers to fizzle out?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Jamie88 on May 14, 2019, 10:23:48 AM
I really hope he at least stays for a season with us in the Championship and gain some good experience like Sess did. How many top rated young players have there been over the years who have left as soon as they could to join a big club only for their careers to fizzle out?

Which requires a wise head, parent or good friend to counsel not moving @ this point but to gain further experience first

Young Ryan has good parents & a brother

Andy S

He will have watched Sess and before that Dembele and Roberts and seen his career at Fulham is the best option

Bill2

Quote from: filham on May 14, 2019, 10:19:52 AM
Afraid that one of the big clubs will snap him up before he signs a full contract with us but surely by now we know how to overcome that risk.
There must be some rules to protect your young talent from the big clubs coming and gathering them up to go out on loan. A cheap way to make sure you have all the talent under one roof and then don't have to pay for them, otherwise what is the point of having an academy.
It was bad enough losing Dembele for next to nothing then he goes straight into the 1st team and Rodgers takes all the credit for his development.
In my mind it must be the developing clubs decision to offer any youth players a contract then like any other player they can move on but at a market rate with clauses for sell on and international recognition.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: filham on May 14, 2019, 10:19:52 AM

I should think the club are making every effort, but simply put if he doesnt want to sign a contract he wont sign a contract and we will only get tribunal compensation.

Mitch

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 14, 2019, 06:35:33 AM

Is this based on something in particular? Just curious as to how you come to this conclusion.

The rumour I've heard (from multiple sources) is that he has never had any intent on signing with us - the appearances of late have been to boost the £££ we get in tribunal when he signs elsewhere on a free.

Guess we will see.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitch on May 14, 2019, 02:27:08 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on May 14, 2019, 06:35:33 AM

The rumour I've heard (from multiple sources) is that he has never had any intent on signing with us - the appearances of late have been to boost the £££ we get in tribunal when he signs elsewhere on a free.

Guess we will see.

Thanks for responding. I hope your sources are wrong though, or that we manage to convince him otherwise. Can't think of a much better place to spend a season or two at the moment. He will have every opportunity to get a lot of playing time next season, and if we are promoted he will be in a situation similar to that of Sess in that he may have a lot of opportunities to play in the PL getting ready for the next big step. I do recognize the problem of course being that he cannot sign a contract until the end of next season, meaning that we will not know before then. Sess did the right thing by us, hope Harvey does.

Mitch

I agree Sting - when he turns 17, he should sign a 2/3 year contract with us. I'm not sure if three year is possible - can anyone tell me? I'm sure there will be someone representing him who will be telling him otherwise (although they can't take a fee legally, I'm sure there's ways and means).

I think Sess has played it perfectly for his career. If he does get a move to a club where he will get 20-30 games across all competitions next year, whilst playing at a higher level, then he won't have made a mistake. He's also in that time played 100 times and been succesful for Fulham, so whatever happens, will be remembered fondly.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Mitch on May 14, 2019, 03:14:47 PM
I agree Sting - when he turns 17, he should sign a 2/3 year contract with us. I'm not sure if three year is possible - can anyone tell me? I'm sure there will be someone representing him who will be telling him otherwise (although they can't take a fee legally, I'm sure there's ways and means).

Once 14 years of age, a club can offer a player a 2 year scholarship contract. This goes on until 18 when a professional contract can be offered.

Contracts longer than 2 years cannot be offered to players under 18.

Mitch

Quote from: Ols_S on May 14, 2019, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: Mitch on May 14, 2019, 03:14:47 PM

Once 14 years of age, a club can offer a player a 2 year scholarship contract. This goes on until 18 when a professional contract can be offered.

Contracts longer than 2 years cannot be offered to players under 18.

Thanks. For some reason, I thought pro was offered at 17? Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, if someone like Harvey wants to walk before signing his pro deal, beyond the cost decided at tribunal for the new club, there's not much protection.

Maybe it's karma for the way we handled the young lad from Hartlepool.