https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cookie Coleman.

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 14, 2019, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Set for the sack in China as fans call for his head after
one win in nine.
Should have stayed with Wales Cookie,gone down hill since.

filham

I guess Coleman was one of our longest serving managers in recent times and he didn't do that badly. MAF never allowed him to spend really big money and he kept us in the top flight for a good while.
We have certainly had worse managers than Chris.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 14, 2019, 08:45:54 AM
one win in nine.
But has probably made good money after the Wales job.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 14, 2019, 08:45:54 AM
one win in nine.

Got to a European semi final. Probably took them as far as he could. More or less a one man team.
He's made plenty of money anyway, and at least it's good to see a British Manager with a bit of balls to try something outside of the British isles again.

Baszab

China - It's a 2-man management .... with KS

ALG01

Coleman is a dreadful manager and failed everywhere except wales. I think having bale and ramsey saved him and also being an international manager means you do not really have to manage properly. he should have stayed because everything else was downhill.

I knw he was rotten the week after we beat Man Utd away and th next game he changed the team for no apparent reason. His failings were noting to do with the chairman, he was and remains very poor.

jarv

I agree with ALG. I recall attending some games and being very confused about team tactics. It was impossible to see what they were trying to do. No two games were alike and if that was the plan, it wasn't working.

Mickeyboro

I met someone who played youth footy with him and he said that CC was the least likely of them to have gone on to manage...
Motivator yes, tactician no.

Art Vandelay

Wonder if he could walk straight into the Scotland Managers job as international football suits him and there is a lack of other viable candidates.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Art Vandelay on May 15, 2019, 06:56:43 PM
Wonder if he could walk straight into the Scotland Managers job as international football suits him and there is a lack of other viable candidates.

Perhaps Swansea would be decent for him if their manager heads to Brighton

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on May 14, 2019, 12:38:18 PM
Coleman is a dreadful manager and failed everywhere except wales. I think having bale and ramsey saved him and also being an international manager means you do not really have to manage properly. he should have stayed because everything else was downhill.

I knw he was rotten the week after we beat Man Utd away and th next game he changed the team for no apparent reason. His failings were noting to do with the chairman, he was and remains very poor.

Despite what the media makes out, we spent a lot more money in the start of the MAF era relative to other teams. Player inflation adjusted we spent around £205m the year we went up under MAF and the team we came up with was better especially when you eliminate the loans under TK/SJ and Fredricks lost, we got 44 points in the first season. We had about half the investment as before and got about half the points, so no improvement but i still believe we may see a gradually improvement in player investment and if the richest DoF in football ever becomes competent at football transfers then FFC will be a dangerous force.

hongkongfulham

My mate plays for Hebei and safe to say he was glad to see the back of him

more charisma than brains it seems....