News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Much Will We Get For Ryan Sessegnon ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 14, 2019, 05:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Much Will Fulham FC recieve for the sale of Ryan Sessegnon in the summer of 2019 ?

£0... (No Sale this summer)
2 (2.8%)
£0-£25 Million
28 (38.9%)
£25-35 Million
39 (54.2%)
£35-45 Million
3 (4.2%)
£45 + Million
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Steeeeeeeeeed

At the time of writing, apparently Spurs, PSG and now Manchester United are very interested in him.

Personally I think he will eventually go for £38 Million, which I do not think he is worth, but the bidding war may push it that far.

Statto

Absolutely zero chance of getting more than £25m

St Eve

If he goes and that's a big IF we will probably just give him to Spurs like we normally do (we were smarter with the first Dembele's contract)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on May 14, 2019, 06:07:41 PM
Absolutely zero chance of getting more than £25m

Like most FoF, I think you fail to realise how little you get for £25m in the last year or two, especially if young.

There is good value out there, but normally among players that haven't performed too well just before their transfer.

Steeeeeeeeeed

My feeling is that Ryan pretty much knew he had a farly big transfer set up for the end of the season and was either told to take things easy or felt he should (mainly to avoid injury). I feel that he was being left out of more games than expected as Fulham were protecting this transfer too. He had already earned the 'big' transfer with the previous two seasons.

The values of players just grows every year, and for an England Under 18 star, who has shown good form in the two years before his team had a disaster season...

I see the bidding start at £25 Million, and who knows from there.

junior white

I think we would do well to get 30 million. A year left in his contract if we keep him and he doesn't sign we will get 3 million or less similar to what happened with Dembele II. For that reason clubs will know we will want to cash in if he isnt going to sign a deal, and those clubs will know via his agent if he is or isnt signing a deal. If (for me a big if as his agent will advise him not too is my guess) he signs a new deal the we will get more than 30 million.

All guess work but just my views.

ron

Don't forget that FFC are traditionally much better at paying big money than getting it....

JoelH5

Quote from: junior white on May 15, 2019, 08:29:11 AM
I think we would do well to get 30 million. A year left in his contract if we keep him and he doesn't sign we will get 3 million or less similar to what happened with Dembele II. For that reason clubs will know we will want to cash in if he isnt going to sign a deal, and those clubs will know via his agent if he is or isnt signing a deal. If (for me a big if as his agent will advise him not too is my guess) he signs a new deal the we will get more than 30 million.

This would be true if only one club wanted him. If multiple clubs want him, they cant wait until his contract is up as the other club could get him first. I think we will get about 27/32 mill. It will be undisclosed though so we probably wont ever know.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

junior white

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 15, 2019, 08:40:38 AM
Quote from: junior white on May 15, 2019, 08:29:11 AM

This would be true if only one club wanted him. If multiple clubs want him, they cant wait until his contract is up as the other club could get him first. I think we will get about 27/32 mill. It will be undisclosed though so we probably wont ever know. I have only heard of firm interest from spurs and an inquiry last Jan from Man Utd, can see why he would go to Man Utd at this time, even though they want young players. I have read he wants to stay close to his family so that would mean London surely and if that is true then I still think we would be lucky to get 30 million.

I agree with your points and definitely we will never know the true fee paid or add ons.

But while they are true, there has to be a willingness for the player to move. If for instance spurs know he wants to stay in london then they hold a lot of cards as they dont have to move and we would be left with an unhappy player who can move for next to nothing.

Do not get me wrong I want him to sign a new deal and stay for another season the leave if he feels he has too, but I just don't see that happening. With a new deal I personally think we would get 40 plus million

I will add I would have done the deal last summer and had a loan back for this season included, reckon we would have got 50 million then

SuffolkWhite

30M max I think, as said above he can fulfil his contract with Fulham and get a nice signing on fee with Spurs. I don't think he would do that, but I do think he would threaten it so he can stay in London.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

JoelH5

Whatever happens I hope it happens quickly. If we do sell him we need to reinvest the money so it's a bit stupid if he goes last day of the window.

Statto

This would be true if only one club wanted him. If multiple clubs want him, they cant wait until his contract is up as the other club could get him first. I think we will get about 27/32 mill.

Copying my own post from a duplicate thread -

Realistically how will a bidding war for Sessegnon pan out?

It will be the same clubs bidding for the same players over the summer. Just looking at today's rumours, Man Utd want a PSG player (Meunier), PSG want a Man Utd player (Angel Gomes) and both of them, along with Spurs, want Sessegnon and Gareth Bale

It would take a criminal lack of common sense for their chairmen not to just get together and just agree, "you take player A, we'll take player B and they can have player C" rather than engaging in a bidding war that sees all three of them getting their trousers pulled down

Failing that, Levi could just walk away from the Sessegnon deal this summer but say privately to Sessegnon's agent, "I'll save £10m by signing him on a Bosman next summer, so if you make it happen I'll bung half that to you" 

f321ffc

I'm sure the bright lights  and massive contract that spurs will be able to offer Ryan will be very attractive to the lad but anyone that has watched him over the last couple of seasons will realise he's nowhere near ready for a top six side.
We are Fulham and we know we're not going to keep him forever but if he does go now I hope he and whoever he goes to accept this and an a loan back for another season can be agreed but if it's spurs I can see that loan being expensive.
It's a shame he hasn't signed a new contract with a release clause so Fulham could get the best price for him, Fulham have invested plenty in the lad and if he loves the club as he says sign a contract, have another good year here and he can have the pick of the top clubs that want him.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on May 15, 2019, 09:02:02 AM
This would be true if only one club wanted him. If multiple clubs want him, they cant wait until his contract is up as the other club could get him first. I think we will get about 27/32 mill.

It will be the same clubs bidding for the same players over the summer. Just looking at today's rumours, Man Utd want a PSG player (Meunier), PSG want a Man Utd player (Angel Gomes) and both of them, along with Spurs, want Sessegnon and Gareth Bale

It would take a criminal lack of common sense for their chairmen not to just get together and just agree, "you take player A, we'll take player B and they can have player C" rather than engaging in a bidding war that sees all three of them getting their trousers pulled down

Failing that, Levi could just walk away from the Sessegnon deal this summer but say privately to Sessegnon's agent, "I'll save £10m by signing him on a Bosman next summer, so if you make it happen I'll bung half that to you" 

I'd rather go with common business sense than assuming fraud. Of course it could happen but we cant assume illegal activity will occur in every hypothesis. Anyway, there will be a massive spotlight on this transfer and so it would be extremely naïve to undertake illegal activity. (I'm talking about the bung)

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 15, 2019, 09:14:50 AM
Quote from: Statto on May 15, 2019, 09:02:02 AM

I'd rather go with common business sense than assuming fraud. Of course it could happen but we cant assume illegal activity will occur in every hypothesis. Anyway, there will be a massive spotlight on this transfer and so it would be extremely naïve to undertake illegal activity. (I'm talking about the bung)

Is any of that illegal?
Maybe you know more than I do about this sort of thing, but I don't think a gentlemen's agreement that one club will walk away from a deal for player A, in exchange from the other club not competing with them for player B, is illegal.
"Bungs" may be illegal in some contexts but again, I suspect what Levi (or whomever) could easily say is, "I'll pay Ryan a huge signing-on fee" and then it will be for the agent and Ryan to decide how they split it between themselves. In any case it's a massive incentive to sign for Spurs (or whomever) a year later.
I don't think any of that is illegal or "fraud". It's what happens.

Danitar

I'd say sell him to spurs for £20mill plus Kyle Walker-Peters whose a very good up and coming wing back. I'd be happy with that

junior white

Quote from: Danitar on May 15, 2019, 12:55:58 PM
I'd say sell him to spurs for £20mill plus Kyle Walker-Peters whose a very good up and coming wing back. I'd be happy with that
Spurs wont get rid of KWP. Rumours around they are willing to let Trippier leave, if that is true then I think the see KWP as the future

toshes mate

I haven't a clue how much RS will sell for, or what his true value as a professional football player even is, and so I pass on the vote.

My memories of eighteen/nineteen year old threshold passing are pretty hazy, but, when Saturday comes, and RS reaches the last step on the teen ladder he'll still be the same lad he was when he was first linked to FFC by his parents.  He has, in less than one short year, learned what it feels like to both succeed and fail in the public eye at a reasonably high level, and maybe glimpsed just how emotions can make or break a character, at least in the short term.  The longer term, for him, involves all those who have been around him for a long time and who have had an impact upon his decision making processes in short term bursts and what he faces now is no different; he'll know it is important to get it right, and I believe he'll do, as he probably has mostly done in the past, what feels best to him.

From FFC's point of view his value to the Club is probably the same as it always has been since he broke into the first team.  He is a young talent who promises much but, in the real world, promises don't attract too much money unless backed up with a guaratee.  His delivery over three seasons has been less a case of his form and more a case of the platform the team has offered to all who got first team roles.  He was an important cog in all three seasons, however, and it is hard for me to imagine what may have happened had he not been here.   That is my high praise for a teenager who could change matches in the blink of an eye.

Last season his input worked successfully, although, perhaps not quite so vividly as in his previous season (SJ's first full season) when the eventual outcome wasn't quite so positive.  Perhaps he'll reflect that this season has been rather more the performance of a disrupted, divided and broken Club, lurching from one crisis to another and all of them through their own making.  The luxury of replaying the season in his head doesn't change the reality of the end product, and so his reality begs the question 'Is FFC a happy place to be, and are all the noises about 'big' change for the better likely to happen?'.   Only he can answer those questions from his perspective.  His answers should, however, have a considerable influence on how us supporters view the future for FFC, too.   Although we can never be certain I do think RS's decision will be a key indicator, more so than TC's extended contract, and, possibly, one which is at the same level as Mitrovic must make.   

AnOldBrownie

15 million transfer fee...120k a week.

If I'm one of the teams mentioned ...I want a more ready made product if I'm spending 30 million

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

BigbadBillyMcKinley

He's said he wants to go to spurs. Daniel Levy won't be mugged off, so seas could well engineer a move himself. We'll  probably get £10mil ish for him.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!