News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone in the South East have a season ticket?

Started by JoelH5, May 14, 2019, 11:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Does anyone in the South East (Kent or Sussex) have a season ticket? If so, how do you get to games? Train season ticket is over 5k!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

alexbishop

There's a South Eastern line from Hastings through Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks etc into Waterloo East and then get train from Waterloo to Putney. Other alternative is go into Charing Cross and get District Line down to Putney Bridge from Embankment. Cost not such a problem for me because I come in from Orpington which is Zone 6 so I only pay TFL rates.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JoelH5

I used to have a season ticket when I lived in London. I now live about 10 mins from Tunbridge Wells. I get the train in from T wells and it costs about £20 per trip. Just wondering if there is a cheaper way to do it as I'm thinking about getting a ST again.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ScalleysDad

Get yourself a rail card, I assume you have'nt got one, and plan ahead.I will be looking at the fixture list the second it comes out and taking an educated stab at which ones will stay at 3pm. From Exeter with a Network card I can get Exeter, Putney, Putney Waterloo, Exeter for £48, saving about £30. It is the trundle line though and eight hours given to sitting on a train when we were rubbish is a different essay. There are still bargains to be had from about ten weeks before the travel date. Of course the big issue will be the tele.
A friend of ours lives twenty odd miles out of Exeter and has a Chiefs season ticket. Public transport is rubbish down here so he brought a 50cc moped for less than the combined transport costs and boasts about not filling the tank for weeks at a time. My wife is a bit envious as many games have been moved to Sunday's when transport to the sticks is even worse but moped boy is not bothered.