https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chambers gone

Started by St Eve, May 15, 2019, 02:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Wish him well. He always gave 100%

hongkongfulham

Agreed. Believe we would have stayed up if others shared his endeavor and thought he improved when he stopped trying the hollywood balls.

Will follow his career

KJS

Player of the season for me good luck to the lad always 100% effort and the one player I would have loved to stay at FFC in the championship

Andy S

sunburywhite

I would have loved him to stay as well

Cant fault the lad for his commitment, gave 100% all the time

Wherever he ends up they will be a lucky club

I can see one of the promoted sides getting him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

70sPimlico

Seemed a decent chap and I get all the "he gave 100% etc"

I honestly thought he'd be a better player. Was a bit surprised at his technique

junior white

according to some Arsenal fans i know they reckon Arsenal will move him on this summer.

bog

Very sorry to see him leave.  His first game in midfield at Anfield, a new position, totally, for him coincided with a surprisingly much improved show by the side. Good luck Calum and thanks.  :54:

092.gif 

Woolly Mammoth

We should sign him permanently, and we need another three or four like him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Pretty sure he was going to go which is a shame. The good thing however is that we are getting all this done super quickly so we will know exactly what we need. This is actually quite good news
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Steeeeeeeeeed

Hope he goes on to win a few cups in his career, just to hear the phrase "Chambers Pots"

ScalleysDad

He is going to leave quite a gap to fill and we have nobody on board yet who comes even close. I thought he would buy into the new plan as he was not shy of taking the lead on the pitch, a bit Parker esque in a way but less pirouette. I don't think he will feature at the Emirates so I wonder where he will go next.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 15, 2019, 09:57:13 AM
He is going to leave quite a gap to fill and we have nobody on board yet who comes even close. I thought he would buy into the new plan as he was not shy of taking the lead on the pitch, a bit Parker esque in a way but less pirouette. I don't think he will feature at the Emirates so I wonder where he will go next.

I don't think it is about him buying into a plan or not. He is not Fulham's player, and I would be very surprised if we could afford him even if Arsenal would let him go and he would agree to step down one level.

With that said, I don't think he is in any way irreplaceable. We are playing in the Championship next season, and our midfield as it stands should be one of, if not the best in the division.

filham

Perhaps the only player who had a good season for us, sorry to see him go.
He said some time ago that his target for next season was a place in the Arsenal first team.

MacDonald should now step up into his place and a central midfield choice of Cairney, Johansen, Anguissa and MacDonald is not looking too bad for the Championship.

filham

Has Chambers left alone, I would have expected him to have been accompanied by those other players on loan, Mensa, Shurrle, Nordviet, Markovic and Babel.
Wish Babel was staying.

Twig

He only had a decent season for us after he was moved out of CB, the position he was signed to fill.  He was good for us as a shield in front of the "defence" and of course I wish him well but K Mac should be able to cover.

snarks

Quote from: filham on May 15, 2019, 10:58:24 AM
Has Chambers left alone, I would have expected him to have been accompanied by those other players on loan, Mensa, Shurrle, Nordviet, Markovic and Babel.
Wish Babel was staying.

Mensa went a while ago when injured, Babel and Markovic were Fulham players on short contracts until the end of June, I think Rico has gone. Shurrle's deal was for 2 years, so I don't know what happens to him, probably a break clause if relegated but.....

Have no doubt Nordveit has gone, but then we wouldn't really notice, nor Vietto now.

SG

It's laughable really - Markovitz Vietto Nord... all loan players and their contribution has been zero, zilch, nothing. What a waste of money

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: SG on May 15, 2019, 04:33:36 PM
It's laughable really - Markovitz Vietto Nord... all loan players and their contribution has been zero, zilch, nothing. What a waste of money

Vietto has been confirmed as a new signing for Sporting Lisbon for 7.5Million Euro

Jims Dentist

It was always on the cards that he would go back to Arsenal.
After moving into MF he was my player of the season.
He had a great can do attitude, shame a few more didn't have that also.