https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 clubs in for Sess

Started by Andy S, May 15, 2019, 11:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

That should ensure that no one gets him on the cheap

filham

Good to see there is a lot of interest and while we all want to see Sess. kept happy it is important that Fulham  get the best they can out of any deal.
Remember to us fans nothing will fully compensate for the loss of a home grown talent like Sess.

junior white

Who are the 4? apparently he wants to stay in London if that is true hopefully more than one in London otherwise we may not get the highest price

Robbie

Charlton, Millwall, Brentford, Orient

Statto

Quote from: junior white on May 15, 2019, 12:37:19 PM
Who are the 4? apparently he wants to stay in London if that is true hopefully more than one in London otherwise we may not get the highest price

From what I've read the 4 most heavily rumoured are Spurs, PSG, Man Utd and RB Leipzig

junior white

Quote from: Statto on May 15, 2019, 12:54:35 PM
Quote from: junior white on May 15, 2019, 12:37:19 PM

From what I've read the 4 most heavily rumoured are Spurs, PSG, Man Utd and RB Leipzig
Thanks

bog

He must have watched the Spuds game with Ajax and wanted some of that.

092.gif

FFC1987

I'm a huge Sess fan and taking my rose tinted glasses off, he's not ready for any of those clubs yet. He'd be sidelined or loaned out eventually. He needs a few more years playing week in week out to progress to where he should be and I'd of thought this season highlighted that.

AnOldBrownie

Wait.   Let's discuss how much Fulham would get for him.

Yes...he's home grown.  Yes, he had a good championship season over a year ago.

He's also on the last year of his contract so purchasing teams know the burden is on FULHAM to sell, not for them to buy right now when they could get him for free after his contract runs down.

What do we think these 4 teams are offering for him?    I saw a lot more weaknesses in his game this season than I saw in the championship, and those weaknesses weren't just because he didn't play a majority of the games as a starting winger.   He was much easier to defend in the EPL than he was in the championship...as was Mitro.

aaronmcguigan

On the flip side, I think the four teams want him because he will be cheap. They may not follow up on their interest when Shahid demands 30 million of Lizzys finest sterling pounds

YankeeJim

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 15, 2019, 03:45:07 PM
Wait.   Let's discuss how much Fulham would get for him.

Yes...he's home grown.  Yes, he had a good championship season over a year ago.

He's also on the last year of his contract so purchasing teams know the burden is on FULHAM to sell, not for them to buy right now when they could get him for free after his contract runs down.

What do we think these 4 teams are offering for him?    I saw a lot more weaknesses in his game this season than I saw in the championship, and those weaknesses weren't just because he didn't play a majority of the games as a starting winger.   He was much easier to defend in the EPL than he was in the championship...as was Mitro.

You are largely correct but I believe that the quality of the defending in the Prem is what slowed Sess down. He'll learn and with better players around him will become a good starter for some team in the Prem. Mitro is just a big brute. What he does, he does very well but his game won't get better. He may score more with better service but I think he has peaked and won't start for anyone near the top.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Statto

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 15, 2019, 05:41:55 PM
Mitro is just a big brute. What he does, he does very well but his game won't get better. He may score more with better service but I think he has peaked and won't start for anyone near the top.

Very unfair on Mitro. Around this time last year he was not only too strong but also far too skillful for CBs that have just finished 7th in the PL

Nick Bateman

Danny Rose is far advanced than Sess.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

fulhamben

Quote from: bog on May 15, 2019, 01:01:47 PM
He must have watched the Spuds game with Ajax and wanted some of that.

092.gif
if he watched that game, he's probably thinking I'll never get a game for them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 15, 2019, 08:21:07 PM

Yes, Danny Rose is very advanced of Ryan Sessegnon. Danny Rose is advanced of Ryan Sessegnon by 9 years 10 months and 15 days, plus Danny Rose is 3 years 10 months advanced of Ryan Sessegnon playing his 101 league game and Danny Rose has played more than double the professional games. Even if Ryan Sessegnon never becomes as good as Danny Rose is now, he is an infinitely better buy.

Tottenham would be genius if they got Ryan Sessegnon for the rest of his career for only £55m and Fulham would be wise if they got more than £10m+ on player with one season left. Hopefully, they meet in the middle somewhere.

As for all the amateur pundits (i guess i am one too) who think Tottenham may wait a year. While that would be good for Sessegnon (provided he is injury free), it maybe a disaster for Tottenham. Firstly, he may change his mind in a year because Fulham will surely sell him for the one year left, loan him to someone else and hope he gets settled there, signs for them and get a fee. Secondly, rarely if a club like Tottenham sign a player giving the player a big sign on fee does he stay for life. The ideal situation for Tottenham is Sessegnon signs for a low wage and they keep extending his contract at higher and higher salaries. Of course, that doesn't work if he starts at on a huge salary.

toshes mate

All this, and other stuff on Ryan Sessegnon, is so very speculative.  If RS's wages are already quite low at FFC (which seems to reflect his age), then, presumably, his future is determined by what he feels will most benefit his football in the short term rather, than just thinking of the money falling into his purse from signing fees etc.   He can negotiate a wage increase via a new contract here and know he'll figure in first team football. 

It also means any suitors have to engage in a devil take the hindmost process to prevent overbidding for player who didn't have a particularly good last season.  Much depends upon whether RS sees last season's failures as measurements of where he is at as a player, where FFC is at, or a mix of both.  To determine what he is going to do next relies on someone knowing him inside out and I suspect no one is closer to the issues surrounding RS than Parker is. 

Twig

Ridiculous comparison, either ignorant stupid or a wind up.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 16, 2019, 04:50:55 AM

Yes, Danny Rose is very advanced of Ryan Sessegnon. Danny Rose is advanced of Ryan Sessegnon by 9 years 10 months and 15 days, plus Danny Rose is 3 years 10 months advanced of Ryan Sessegnon playing his 101 league game and Danny Rose has played more than double the professional games. Even if Ryan Sessegnon never becomes as good as Danny Rose is now, he is an infinitely better buy.

Tottenham would be genius if they got Ryan Sessegnon for the rest of his career for only £55m and Fulham would be wise if they got more than £10m+ on player with one season left. Hopefully, they meet in the middle somewhere.

As for all the amateur pundits (i guess i am one too) who think Tottenham may wait a year. While that would be good for Sessegnon (provided he is injury free), it maybe a disaster for Tottenham. Firstly, he may change his mind in a year because Fulham will surely sell him for the one year left, loan him to someone else and hope he gets settled there, signs for them and get a fee. Secondly, rarely if a club like Tottenham sign a player giving the player a big sign on fee does he stay for life. The ideal situation for Tottenham is Sessegnon signs for a low wage and they keep extending his contract at higher and higher salaries. Of course, that doesn't work if he starts at on a huge salary.

Pretty much agree with this.

Mince n Tatties

Breaking News.......Now on radio deal with Spuds completed, £50million
Also Mitro to Bayer Leverkusen £35 million.
Ream to New York .£15 million
Christie to PSG £35 mill
Seri to Barca £105 mill
Fonte to Milan £35 mill
Kebano to Dortmund £30 mill
Hilda to Bayern Munich 100 million Yorkshire T Bags.
I hope we invest all of this money wisely.😯