watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR.Literature achievement.

Started by Russianrob, May 15, 2019, 06:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russianrob

Tomorrow I will have completed War and Peace by Tolstoy.What book would you recommend now?

Steven Ageroad

Anything by Lee Childs. Not up there literally with War and Peace but chill out with Jack Reacher the hero.

filham

Something by Bill Bryson for light relief.

sunburywhite

Read the Slough House series by Mick Herron

Brilliant, totally un PC in places, like Le Carre at his peak
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Slough House is a dumping ground for British intelligence agents who have screwed up a case in any number of ways. The "slow horses," as they're called, have all disgraced themselves in some way to get relegated here.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Old Count

The Exegesis Seminar by A K Webb.  If you can get into it, finish it and understand it - it will allow you to know why you are like you are.

YankeeJim

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

A wonderful example of mankind at his best and worst.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

toshes mate

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, a modern classic, and wonderful story telling.

Barrett487

I've just started 'Catcher In The Rye', just in case I want to become a serial killer 😂. I'll let you know how I get on!

Edit: actually, I've just recalled that those associated with buying this were just obsessive, rather than aggressive, lol

Oakeshott

Steeeeeeeeeed

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Russianrob

Many thanks for suggestions so far but l will avoid Mills and Boon!

bog

The Grapes of Wrath by Jon Steinbeck. Powerful writing if ever there was.

092.gif

Dodgin

Labryinth by Kate Mosse. No not that one

FFC1987

I'm currently doing the Stephen King Dark Tower marathon. It's the series itself but with a lot of his other books that share concepts and characters around this specific series. Basically this link which he promoted:

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot.com/2012/04/the-dark-tower-suggested-reading-order_2128.html

I'm currently up to no.6 of the list but its been quite a ride so far.

ron

Ulysses by James Joyce.

As a clue to its complexity it took him 7 years to write it. An amazing parallel to the work by Homer.

FulhamKC

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. Won the Booker prize and then the award as best of the first 25 (I think) Booker prizes.

Milo

Reading a lot of Bulgakov. Hard to appreciate without having been to Moscow but Master and Margherita a good start!