watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal of the Season

Started by gang, May 15, 2019, 06:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Two popular  064.gif Fulham players have been nominated for the Premier League goal of the season:-
Andre Schürrle and Jean Seri.

filham

No, I am not getting involve, the two goals in question were great goals but quite honestly the goal scorers just have not been involved enough this season to help our cause.

YankeeJim

As a side note, why are the "goals" of the season always some freak of luck? Sure it great to see something like our two or that shot by Kompany a couple of weeks ago but how often are they repeated by the individuals? Something like Sess's pass to TC at Wembley is more to my liking. Several players involved and each doing what they are suppose to do and they can and will do it again. No luck involved, only skill.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Nick Bateman

GOTS must be Kompany's for City in such an important time.  Was something special.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Sting of the North

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 15, 2019, 07:31:53 PM
As a side note, why are the "goals" of the season always some freak of luck? Sure it great to see something like our two or that shot by Kompany a couple of weeks ago but how often are they repeated by the individuals? Something like Sess's pass to TC at Wembley is more to my liking. Several players involved and each doing what they are suppose to do and they can and will do it again. No luck involved, only skill.

Wasn't Sess' first touch on the slightly overhit pass from Johansen a bit too heavy, which by a stroke of luck tricked the opposition a little? The subsequent pass and finish was class though, but it was not without luck if I remember it correctly. And also, how many such nice goals did we score compared to the number of times we tried (if that now is some sort of indicator of luck).

I guess I just don't understand why it is lucky just because they don't always succeed with such shots? The players did succeed in these particular cases because they are immensely skilled and they did what they intended to do. Schürrle's goal was an absolute masterpiece, and deserves recognition as such. In my opinion.

That one may prefer another type of goals doesn't have to take credit from the ones in question.

Burt

Doesn't matter how popular a player is or whether they've had a great season or not. A great goal is a great goal. Both of these were great goals.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 15, 2019, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on May 15, 2019, 07:31:53 PM

Wasn't Sess' first touch on the slightly overhit pass from Johansen a bit too heavy, which by a stroke of luck tricked the opposition a little? The subsequent pass and finish was class though, but it was not without luck if I remember it correctly. And also, how many such nice goals did we score compared to the number of times we tried (if that now is some sort of indicator of luck).

I guess I just don't understand why it is lucky just because they don't always succeed with such shots? The players did succeed in these particular cases because they are immensely skilled and they did what they intended to do. Schürrle's goal was an absolute masterpiece, and deserves recognition as such. In my opinion.

That one may prefer another type of goals doesn't have to take credit from the ones in question.

My intent was not to denigrate any particular shot. My intent was to raise another point. For example, go to the practice pitch and place the ball at the spot where Kompany struck the ball. Let him hit a 100 and see how many are duplicates.
Course, one could argue that true brilliance is rising to the occasion. Given that, TC's and Kompany's goals were both brilliant.   
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.