watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EFL Championship football

Started by FulhamKC, May 15, 2019, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

I enjoyed watching the Championship last year as well as this year. Generally good quality play and the teams are pretty evenly matched. Much more entertaining to me than the average EPL game.

I hope I enjoy watching it as much next year.

davew

Far better than the Premier League, take the top 6 clubs out of the PL and put them into a European Super League and then a lot of supporters can watch their remaining clubs in the PL competing on a fair basis, like the Championship. I look forward to seeing how we do next season.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Wingnut

It's a far better league from a fans perspective. Looking forward to our games next season. I see Derby made it to the final.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

aaronmcguigan

I hated it with a passion when we endured the likes of Fotheringham, Eisfeld and Kiraly.
Get the recruitment right and all the planning and prep of pre season and the championship will be great as long as we are competitive

hovewhite

A far better fairer competition,also more enjoyable.

sunburywhite

You can pretty much predict how the Premiership is going to end up

When you take the uncertainty out of sport it no longer becomes sport
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

70sPimlico

grandad

Leaving aside the financial rewards of the PL, the Championship is far more entertaining. Clubs have real lifetime supporters & not pot hunters. Downside is poorer Officials although most in the PL are terrible & inconsistent. Perhaps fewer divers & cheats. Leave the PL to the "big" 6. Of course I would like us to be a stable PL Club but the gap & investment required makes it virtually impossible to compete on an even playing field.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 16, 2019, 12:48:24 AM
I hated it with a passion when we endured the likes of Fotheringham, Eisfeld and Kiraly.
Get the recruitment right and all the planning and prep of pre season and the championship will be great as long as we are competitive

Never understood the slagging off of Kiraly.
Top keeper and professional who was capped over 100 times for his country,and a smashing fella as well,chatted to him after a game once.
So he wore tracksuit bottoms..Wow how criminal.. lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 16, 2019, 08:44:58 AM

Top keeper and professional who was capped over 100 times for his country,and a smashing fella as well,chatted to him after a game once.

It is not a criminal offence to wear tracksuit bottoms whilst playing in goal anymore than wearing a top hat in a sauna.
But you just don't do it, if you want to keep any credibility and avoid being mocked. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 16, 2019, 09:12:04 AM

It is not a criminal offence to wear tracksuit bottoms whilst playing in goal anymore than wearing a top hat in a sauna.
But you just don't do it, if you want to keep any credibility and avoid being mocked. 

Maybe that's where I went wrong,as I was a goalie and always wore them,mind you that was because most of the pitches I played on were cinders and broken glass.😑

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 16, 2019, 09:35:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 16, 2019, 09:12:04 AM

Maybe that's where I went wrong,as I was a goalie and always wore them,mind you that was because most of the pitches I played on were cinders and broken glass.😑

That's no excuse Mince for Kiraly, as I checked the goalmouths at Craven Cottage on a number of occasions and all I found was a deckchair and some old copies of the Beano.
But why did you wear a top hat and smoked a pipe whilst in goal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

70sPimlico

I know its old news but diffrence in EFL and EPL is amazing. Seems to me the key area is defence. I've watched the play offs and efl defenders just seem so unsure compared to premiership.

I can see why quick, possesion based football seems to be the way to go. Get behind the defences so easily and chances just come and come.

Obviosuly Cardiff are the exception to this. I suppose what I'd say about them is they were bloody good at what they did and I guess you can only give Colin credit for that.

aaronmcguigan

It was more the realisation he was our best keeper at the club only two years after Mark Schwarzer left.  We went and spent a huge chunk on McCormack thinking that Joronen and Bettinelli would be good enough.

For sake of argument take Kiraly out and replace in with kavanagh and Zverotic. I'd rather be struggling in the premier than struggling in the championship

Syd Cupp

For me The Championship is a better more competitive league and is more fan friendly / orientated.
Where as the Prem is mostly predictable and TV orientated.
OK the financial rewards are there, the ability to attract better players and bringing the club into a bigger profile are the pluses.

When big teams are celebrating coming 6th just as much as winning it it becomes a mockery.
I know that the notion of European football is what the celebrations are for but to me Man U finishing 32pts behind the champions is a poor season especially when they are only 32pts above relegated Cardiff.

Things I am looking most forward in the championship are ....
regular 3pm Saturdays, Not so many fixture changes and the belief of winning games.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Syd Cupp on May 16, 2019, 01:34:28 PM
For me The Championship is a better more competitive league and is more fan friendly / orientated.
Where as the Prem is mostly predictable and TV orientated.
OK the financial rewards are there, the ability to attract better players and bringing the club into a bigger profile are the pluses.

When big teams are celebrating coming 6th just as much as winning it it becomes a mockery.
I know that the notion of European football is what the celebrations are for but to me Man U finishing 32pts behind the champions is a poor season especially when they are only 32pts above relegated Cardiff.

Things I am looking most forward in the championship are ....
regular 3pm Saturdays, Not so many fixture changes and the belief of winning games.

But Man Utd surely wasn't celebrating the 6th place finish. Partly because they were going for top four (which is more to your point I believe), and partly because they were not close to being outside of top 6. I think absolutely everyone involved with, or a fan of, Man Utd sees this season as an absolute massive failure. None of the top 6 would celebrate finishing 6th or 5th.

filham

Essential that our team approaches the season with the right attitude and gives the Championship teams the respect they deserve, it is not going to be easy, we should be prepared for some hard battles.