watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro to Palace?

Started by nikhil24, May 16, 2019, 08:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikhil24

There are some rumors circulating online regarding Mitro and a transfer to Crystal Palace. Looking to be around the 30 million mark.
We better have some replacements in sight...

Mince n Tatties

Bayer Leverkusen with 20+mill bid apparently coming up.

JimOG

What did we pay circa £20 mill - he is under contract until June 2023 - with him in our Championship squad we will have probably the best, most lethal centre forward in the division - and they don't grow on trees. No -it'll have to be well north of £30 million for a side to acquire him

Buffalo76

If he ends up leaving I'd rather he went abroad. Don't wanna see him wearing the shirt of another English team.
That's it and that's all.

filham

Even if we get £30m plus for Mitrovic you can be sure that any replacement is going to be no where near as good as him.

We must do all we possibly can to keep Mitrovic, come on Scotty this is your first big challenge.

hovewhite

He's under contract that should be it.He stays.

FulhamStu

If we are serious about going straight back up, keeping Mitro is very important.   We will never get as good to replace him and goalscoring strikers like him are the most valuable of all footballers.

junior white

i agree if we are serious we should, I also agree if he is under contract we should keep him. However, do we want an unhappy player (thats if he is) that wants to leave? could do a Payet on us and that would or could be unsettling

The Rational Fan

In the Championship, the difference between Mitro and Fonte is goal every 197 minutes and the difference between Norwich and Brentford is a goal every 230 minutes. If we keep Mitro, he stays fit and he fires, then we will go up.

If Mitrovoic scores for us every 137 minutes like before, that is a record 30 goals in a season. A goal difference above 31 goals has guaranteed promotion for the last five seasons. I wouldn't Mitro unless we can get near £40m, until FFC are offerred a price we can buy T.Abraham and D.Gayle i'd keep him.

toshes mate

If we had a better recruitment record with the Khans in charge, especially (and most arguably) in the striker department, then trading is a lot less a matter of risk and a lot more a matter of taste and style.  I'd like to think Parker has the dressing room and the attention of all those he has determined he needs for next season, and nobody is going anywhere unless something really truly better is lined up.  If we start to lose players (with the exception of the loans) without having already recruited replacements then I will worry that the Club's ailments are worse than we have been led to believe. 

ScalleysDad

If Mitro is to be 'on fire' next season then he has to see more of the ball and perhaps work on a turn of pace in the post season. The first will be down to Parker, now that's a project in itself, and the second is down to Mitro himself. Just going by the body language as the season dragged along I am not sure he has the enthusiasm for the white shirt anymore.

The Cottager

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 16, 2019, 09:06:18 AM
If he ends up leaving I'd rather he went abroad. Don't wanna see him wearing the shirt of another English team.

Do yourself a favour, don't google "Mitrovic Newcastle"...

Bill2

A lot will depend on the sort of player Scotty wants up front. Mitro is not like the great forwards like Salah and co who quickly up and down the pitch. He needs to be in the box with good service around due to his lack of real pace something which cannot be taught. What he does well isbully the back four and he is a real handfull.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 16, 2019, 10:51:07 AM
In the Championship, the difference between Mitro and Fonte is goal every 197 minutes and the difference between Norwich and Brentford is a goal every 230 minutes. If we keep Mitro, he stays fit and he fires, then we will go up.

If Mitrovoic scores for us every 137 minutes like before, that is a record 30 goals in a season. A goal difference above 31 goals has guaranteed promotion for the last five seasons. I wouldn't Mitro unless we can get near £40m, until FFC are offerred a price we can buy T.Abraham and D.Gayle i'd keep him.

Stats are all well and good but when's the last time Mitro scored from open play? January? Since then he's scored 0.0 per game.

Also , our top scorers other than Mitrovic, actually ANYONE who has scored more than 1 goal  (Schurrle, Babel,Sessegnon, Kamara and Chambers) are all going or gone.
The issue isn't having one striker to score lots of goals. The issue is appropriately feeding that striker with chances, supporting that striker and taking the burden off him by having goalscorrers throughout the side. We need players from midfield who can score 10-15 and 2 strikers to hit 15-20 minimum.
It lessens the burden and creates more uncertainty in the minds of defenders instead of everyone pinpointing
Mitro.

I would take a guess that if Mitro and Cairney were marked and closed down well against a Luton or Barnsley, we would struggle to create anything

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Bill2 on May 16, 2019, 11:21:50 AM
A lot will depend on the sort of player Scotty wants up front. Mitro is not like the great forwards like Salah and co who quickly up and down the pitch. He needs to be in the box with good service around due to his lack of real pace something which cannot be taught. What he does well isbully the back four and he is a real handfull.

Parker may have to learn to adapt his tactics to the players he has. Mitrovoic is an incredible forward against Low Block teams and there are a lot of them in the lower half of the Championship. We get 24 games next season against lower half Championship teams that we will be better than, but they will make sure they setup so they are very very hard to beat. Mitrovoic is good at breaking down such teams, if we can get 18-20 victories against lower table teams automatic promotion will be a lot easier.

SuffolkWhite

Player power regardless of term of contract will dictate, if he wants to play for us he will do and if he does not a move will be made.  No point keeping an unhappy player in the squad as it is disruptive.

Hope he stays though.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

If Zaha leaves Palace and hes goes there he'll be in another relegation fight next season

grandad

We don´t have to sell him. He is on a long contract. If there is a buy out clause that is a different matter. I want him to stay. He loves the Club, Manager & Fans.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 16, 2019, 10:51:07 AM

Very optimistic saying that if he stays we will go up, you haven't taken into account that we have no defence? They will give away more silly goals than Mitro & Co can score!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 16, 2019, 09:06:18 AM

Mitrovic IS abroad