more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The transfer window is now open

Started by JoelH5, May 16, 2019, 12:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Still need to replace Ryan Fredericks.

Unless Steven is way faster than Ryan I don't see him being able to play Ryan Frederick's overlapping style of football while also having the pace and positional awareness to get back on defense the way Ryan did.

There is a reason West Ham grabbed him and it's going to be tough finding a replacement with Ryan's attributes.

YankeeJim

Isn't what we want/need dependent on how Scot wants to play and if Mitro stays? If Mitro does stay then we need a right back that can cross. Neither Fred nor Christi ever saw a cross they couldn't sky.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2019, 05:01:20 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 16, 2019, 03:36:39 PM
We need to balance getting players early in the window vs getting good players at good prices more often late in the window.

This idea that you get a better deal at the end of the window is a bit of a fallacy IMO.

I accept that clubs and agents are more desperate to offload players in those final days and hours, but actually the greater desperation seems to me to be from the clubs whose season will be ruined if they don't get a striker, centre-back etc in before the window closes.

The general scramble and panic also increases clubs' susceptibility to poor decisions, gazumping, and deals collapsing for other reasons.

FFC in particular have a history of making terrible signings on deadline day, whether it's massively overpaying for players (eg Anguissa), signing injured players in positions we need covered immediately (Mawson), being left with no one after a deal falls through (didn't we fail at the first attempt for both Cyriac and Kamara?) or signing players on terms that are bound to blow up in our faces (loaning Chris Martin from a play-off rival).

Hopefully we won't have much to do this window meaning that, for once, can get the majority of it done by mid-July.

If a team isn't desperate then they can obtain great deals on deadline day, we need to get a good squad a month before deadline day so if no bargains appear we can wait until the winter transfer window. For example, in the summer of 2019 we could do with another left-back but if no bargains appear Bryan, MLM, Ream, S.Sess and Edun would suffice.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 17, 2019, 06:51:51 AM
If a team isn't desperate then they can obtain great deals on deadline day, we need to get a good squad a month before deadline day so if no bargains appear we can wait until the winter transfer window.

Yes agreed, if it's just residual 'nice to haves' rather than key 'must haves' then you can probably get a bargain or two

Jem

Quote from: Nero on May 16, 2019, 11:19:30 PM
I cant believe we havent signed Joe Hart yet what is the club playing at
He He, naughty!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Twig

Quote from: Jem on May 17, 2019, 08:47:12 AM
Quote from: Nero on May 16, 2019, 11:19:30 PM
I cant believe we havent signed Joe Hart yet what is the club playing at
He He, naughty!

Has anyone considered JOE HART?

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on May 16, 2019, 09:50:29 PM
Well first we need to know if Sess. and Mitro are leaving because if they are then replacement for them becomes top priority.
Next week may see further news on these important fronts after the players and coaches return from their week off.  Wouldn't like to guess what will happen though.