Started by nikhil24, May 16, 2019, 08:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Mitro had Sess on fire in the CS, not only supplying him, but supporting him
and scoring a hat full of goals.
It won't happen but Oh for another season of those 2 on top of their game
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

JoelH5

I want him to stay but what if he does and sulks. Then we've got a dud and no replacement, or money for one.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

simplyfulham

Unpopular opinion. I'd prefer to keep Mitro. However if he wants out then I'd happily swap him for Benteke.

JoelH5

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 16, 2019, 12:59:01 PM
Unpopular opinion. I'd prefer to keep Mitro. However if he wants out then I'd happily swap him for Benteke.

Benteke is truly awful. Even so, he wouldn't move to a championship club

Stoneleigh Loyalist

According to the report on his possible move to Bayern he is quoted as having said 'My Plan is not finished. I want to stay and lead my team back to the Premiership'
Where and when was that said as it is the first time I have heard it?

JoelH5

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 16, 2019, 01:07:58 PM
According to the report on his possible move to Bayern he is quoted as having said 'My Plan is not finished. I want to stay and lead my team back to the Premiership'

Link the report

JoelH5

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 16, 2019, 01:07:58 PM

Ok so that is exactly what Cairney said. The article which I'm assuming isn't going to be by English speakers, stole the Cairney quote thinking it was Mitro.

Kentish Gent

I really don't want to p*** on anyone's chips, but the length of Mitro's contract is irrelevant. If he wants to stay in the Prem, he will make that quite clear to the management, and will have no incentive to go out and play for the team. If he doesn't, and can be re-motivated, then he will be lethal in the Championshiip.

Robbie

Mitro has been pretty dreadful for the past six/eight months. Since Slav left ...
His body language is Want-Away.
So, £££££ is what it is about.

Like all players, they have their time at a club .. and then move on.

For FFC and for Mitro we should part now ..

JoelH5

Quote from: Robbie on May 16, 2019, 01:49:21 PM
Mitro has been pretty dreadful for the past six/eight months. Since Slav left ...
His body language is Want-Away.
So, £££££ is what it is about.

Like all players, they have their time at a club .. and then move on.

For FFC and for Mitro we should part now ..

Yeah I think you're right. In an ideal world he would stay and be motivated for next season. He hasn't been since Jan so that isn't happening in the Championship.  We should sell ans hopefully get 30 mill. Will we get a replacement as good? Probably not but if we force him to stay it will do more harm then good.

St Eve

Quote from: hovewhite on May 16, 2019, 10:03:26 AM
He's under contract that should be it.He stays.
Unfortunately that means nothing these days

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on May 16, 2019, 12:11:19 PM
Very optimistic saying that if he stays we will go up, you haven't taken into account that we have no defence? They will give away more silly goals than Mitro & Co can score!

Fulham had I believe the 6th best defensive record in the promotion season. Are you suggesting that Bryan, Mawson and Christie are so much worse than Targett, Kalas and Fredericks defensively so that we will inevitably be much worse defensively next season? If so, what made you end up at that conclusion?

I am not saying that Mitro will score 30 goals, or that it will be enough for promotion, but don't understand why some on here think that our defence will be among the worst in the Championship.

love4ffc

The other thing that must be considered is if a Premier League team comes a calling, and Mitro wants to leave but we insist he stays....Then there is that chance that Mitro becomes unhappy.  No good to have an unhappy player in the squad that doesn't want to play for the club. 

Note - I am not saying that is the current case.  Just saying that it could become an issue. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Statto

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 16, 2019, 10:11:09 AM
If we are serious about going straight back up, keeping Mitro is very important.   We will never get as good to replace him and goalscoring strikers like him are the most valuable of all footballers.
+100

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2019, 02:50:34 PM
If we are serious about going straight back up, keeping Mitro is very important.   We will never get as good to replace him and goalscoring strikers like him are the most valuable of all footballers.
+100

It's not that simple though. We can force him to stay but if he sulks and doesnt put effort in, it's pointless

simplyfulham

Quote from: Statto on May 16, 2019, 02:50:34 PM
+100

You say that.. but we did make it to the playoffs once before with Chris Martin as a centre forward.

:022:

simplyfulham

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 16, 2019, 01:02:31 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on May 16, 2019, 12:59:01 PM

Benteke is truly awful. Even so, he wouldn't move to a championship club

He's only truly awful if you have a short memory.

He's down on his luck in a big way, but he still works hard up front. Reminds me a little of Bobby Zamora before he came to us. I think we have a chance to revive him.

Pieter A’dam

They copied our song in Amsterdam .... big crowd still

YankeeJim

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 16, 2019, 12:22:39 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 16, 2019, 09:06:18 AM
If he ends up leaving I'd rather he went abroad. Don't wanna see him wearing the shirt of another English team.

Mitrovic IS abroad

A broad? Aside from the obvious chauvinism of that statement, I had no idea. Still the world is changing and  Serbia has to be a favorite in the World Cup THIS year.  :dft001:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.