more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we ready for the slow build?

Started by Deuce, May 17, 2019, 08:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Here is my prediction.
we will not sign the right players at the right time and as a consequence will struggle in the first 12 games, Scott will be released in late October and a caretaker put in place. Mid december we will sign the wrong 'experieinced manager' Shad Khan will send a PR piece offering appologioes but commitement to the future. TK will abuse more supporters on Twitter.

During March we will be biting our nails as we approach the bottom 4..  relegation will be achieved or not depending on whether there are three worse teams.

Please feel free keep this prediction on file. Clearly we have not kicked a ball yet or done any business in the transfer market yet (probably not till late august) but if TK stays in situ that is what is most likely to happen.

Matt10

After the season we just went through, how any of us can actually take a chance at predicting anything is quite funny.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on May 17, 2019, 02:58:43 PM
After the season we just went through, how any of us can actually take a chance at predicting anything is quite funny.

But also quite boring if no one did, so I'll take what I can get. The actual news are usually few and far between for much of the summer. Let's hope it is mostly positive news at least.

Sting of the North

I also predict that basically nothing of ALG01's prediction will come true, or maybe that is just the optimist in me speaking :). It is too early for me to try to predict if we will be good or just decent though.

Deuce

Quote from: JimmyConway on May 17, 2019, 08:43:36 AM
Not sure they are looking at long term approach with Scott. Like all before him he'll be asked to gel the incoming players alongside current squad and have team competing for promotion. Managers very rarely get the time nowadays and I would imagine if we are struggling come Oct-Nov then Scott will be relieved of his position.

I agree that the club are sort of communicating two sides here at the same time. Appointing inexperienced Scott is showing signs of a club who are ready to show patience. But the two year deal is still a bit smart since - to be fair -we dont know where Parker actually stands as a manager and we dont want to find ourselves in
the same spot as United currently are with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, hence a bit more cautious two year deal.

But. I think with the appointment of Parker, the club might be a bit more forgiving in what they see as "struggle". Why else make such an appointment?

Deuce

Quote from: Mitch on May 17, 2019, 08:54:45 AM
I thought it strange to appoint Parker, someone who is highly likely to need time, but then only give him a two year deal. Perhaps they expect more from him with parachute payments during those years. Picking a long term prospect as manager, but giving him a short term deal is very, very Khan.
Well Id rather have a two year deal than handing him 3 or 4 years if things go south fairly quickly. But yeah, its mixed messages

The Rock

Agreed - and it's not the "head coach" that's the problem, it's the recruitment.

I've been ready for the slow build from even before TK blew 100m quid.

ALG01

Actually it is really easy. the minute I saw the signings we got I said we will be relegated by march and get less than 30 points.... but for watford being postponed i would have been right on both counts.

TK remains in place, that proves Shad is clueless and/or delusional, and/or couldn't care less and is happy to swaste shed loads of money. we do not have a genius as a manager so the prediction I made has a 87% certainty. this last season was easyer to predict.

The Rational Fan

If we are 5 points after 12 games next season, don't expect Scott Parker to get a 13th game.

If we are 36 points after 12 games, Scott Parker will be leaving to take over Manchester United.

Only your last 12 games matters much any more, the minute a manager runs out of ideas he is replaced.

toshes mate

If everybody is on the same page then the result of the slow build is where FFC are now via a whole series of events and responses to events which began when the new parish of Fulham Fields started up in 1874 as a result of an increasing population of potential church goers.  Who'd have thought that piece of diocesan activity would have eventually led to the start of a professional football club based by the side of the Thames, and how many decisions, good, bad and indifferent, did it take to get us where we are today? One bad season is always just one bad season and should only influence the future if you allow it to.  Allowing it to influence is not such a bad idea provided you allow it to be a positive influence rather than a negative one, through thoroughly understanding why and how it happened, and even having such understanding doesn't necessarily mean you'll have it under control.   

The Rational Fan

I prefer the fast bounce rather than the slow build. Of the last 45 teams relegated, 11 teams have bounced and why not Fulham be next. If we get the upper range for Sessegnon's transfer fee, we would wise to keep all our squad and add six quality championship players (3 forwards and 2-3 backs) which is one hell of a squad.

Woolly Mammoth

When I read the title, are we ready for the slow build. I thought you were talking about the Riverside Stand. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.