watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara given chance to resurrect career at Craven Cottage

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 17, 2019, 11:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

I would expect that senior players would have been consulted on whether he would be welcome back in to the fold and if they and Scott are happy to welcome him back thats good enough for me, does he dive maybe but look at football as a whole they all go down easy

Mitch

He had a second chance when he wasn't axed after the penalty incident. He's on about his third.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fernhurst

If he does come back for pre season training, he will massively need to sort himself out. If the stories were to be believed, constantly late for training.
Hope he improves his manner of dealing with folk, otherwise Mitro may just take "excecutive action"

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

..FOF..

Kamara had always provided that huge spark for about 45minutes or so.

Hopefully Parker can tame his playing style and character too.

Carborundum

Whilst I retain more appreciation for 'Boubs than many on here, the article is a bit thin.  The headline could equally read "Fulham management support directors in fulfilment of fiduciary duty to safeguard value of company assets". 

KJS

quote author=St Eve link=topic=71358.msg1060470#msg1060470 date=1558099088]
Now we will see if Scotty can manage. I have always rated Kamara and i hope this works out
[/quote]

:plus one:

snarks

Quote from: toshes mate on May 17, 2019, 12:14:41 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2019, 12:02:51 PM
Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 11:54:41 AM
Everyone (almost everyone) deserves a second chance I hope he takes it, Should be noted there never seemed to be issues when SJ was in charge maybe it was just a clash with CR. Fingers crossed

+1
+2

+3 and as CR said Sess needed to be fitter, when SJ said he was one of the fittest at the club, you have to ask if CR was the problem not AK (not excusing the alleged assault tho')

MikeCdawg

Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2019, 12:16:05 PM
I don't object to him getting another chance. I just don't rate him.

+1. Struggled to get in the side in our last stint in the championship. Don't see what more he can offer other than cameo roles

Statto

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 17, 2019, 02:58:53 PM
If the stories were to be believed, constantly late for training.

I'm sure no one wants to resurrect the lengthy debate we had on here a couple of months ago, but IIRC the "stories" about this were purely a lighthearted interview Cairney did for Soccer AM where he said McDonald was miserable and moaned about everything, Johansen would leave training at the earliest opportunity and never do anything club-related that he wasn't forced to, and Kamara was often 15 minutes late finishing his breakfast before training started.

Amazing how Chinese whispers between fans can blow something like this out of all proportion.

A bit like the rumour that it was Parker who worked out that Chambers could play DM... 

ealex40

The trouble with AK is that he is so selfish and will shoot wildly at every opportunity...never seems to be aware of his team mates being in better positions to score. Just watch the top teams and how most of their goals come from simple tap-ins because they work as a team and are not afraid to share the ball.
Unless he learns to change his ways, I wouldn't want him and his selfish attitude back.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ealex40 on May 17, 2019, 05:04:26 PM
The trouble with AK is that he is so selfish and will shoot wildly at every opportunity...never seems to be aware of his team mates being in better positions to score. Just watch the top teams and how most of their goals come from simple tap-ins because they work as a team and are not afraid to share the ball.
Unless he learns to change his ways, I wouldn't want him and his selfish attitude back.

This sounds like how Mitro behaved as well for most of this season. No big issue to me, but of course would wish him to become more of a team player.

davew

Glad to hear that news, he can do a good job for us in the Championship.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sting of the North

Also agree fully with Statto above. Amazing how things are blown out of proportion.

Deeping_white

Good news if true - he's something that championship defences will struggle to deal with because he's just so quick and strong. If Parker can use him effectively then he'll be a decent asset to us next season. Many seem to forget that at the end of the season he was starting games on merit - he was vital in the Sunderland win and then started the playoff semi final second and the final on merit, causing both Villa and Derby's defences a nightmare for the time he was on the pitch.

filham

Well that is a load on Paker's shoulders but if he can control AK47 then that will be of benefit as with his pace ,strength and enthusiasm he should do a good job on the field.

SP

I still hope he can prove his worth as a Championship player.  The charge sheet on his list of crimes hardly registers when compared to other problem players over the years, how the game has changed.

Twig

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on May 17, 2019, 04:50:23 PM

+1. Struggled to get in the side in our last stint in the championship. Don't see what more he can offer other than cameo roles

He has speed, no question.  Balance? Ball control? Touch? Not in my opinion and I don't see how these things will change at this stage in his career.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2019, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on May 17, 2019, 04:50:23 PM

He has speed, no question.  Balance? Ball control? Touch? Not in my opinion and I don't see how these things will change at this stage in his career.

If Kamara had proficient balance, ball control and touch he'd be playing for a bigger club than Fulham.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 11:54:41 AM
Everyone (almost everyone) deserves a second chance I hope he takes it, Should be noted there never seemed to be issues when SJ was in charge maybe it was just a clash with CR. Fingers crossed
0001.jpeg