watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara given chance to resurrect career at Craven Cottage

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 17, 2019, 11:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham striker Aboubakar Kamara given chance to resurrect career at Craven Cottage following relegation

Kamara was cast out on loan to Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor for the second half of the season

Controversial striker Aboubakar Kamara will be given a chance to resurrect his Fulham career by Scott Parker.

Kamara was cast out on loan to Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor for the second half of the season after he was arrested in January on suspicion of actual bodily harm and criminal damage, following allegations of a fight at Fulham's training ground.

Parker wants the 24-year-old to return for pre-season training, when he will assess his squad and weigh up whether to keep him.

Kamara joined Fulham from French club Amiens for £5million in 2017.

Stefan Johansen, who spent the second half of the season on loan at West Brom, will also return to Fulham in pre-season

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-striker-aboubakar-kamara-given-chance-to-resurrect-career-at-craven-cottage-following-a4144751.html

Fernhurst

Not sure he deserves it, loose cannon needs to grow up. Let's hope he can.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

junior white

Everyone (almost everyone) deserves a second chance I hope he takes it, Should be noted there never seemed to be issues when SJ was in charge maybe it was just a clash with CR. Fingers crossed

Stoneleigh Loyalist

He didn't do much in Turkey so how easy would it be for us to get rid of him?
I would have thought that the MP incident would have been enough to sack him. Someone was too soft and it was not Scotty.

Sting of the North

As mentioned before, the people at the club are surely in a much better position to determine whether or not they feel that Kamara deserves another chance. If they don't want him back that will surely be sorted. If they do want him back, then great since he is a good Championship player with great upside. I for one trust that Parker can sort him out, if there even is a need.

Statto

Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 11:54:41 AM
Everyone (almost everyone) deserves a second chance I hope he takes it, Should be noted there never seemed to be issues when SJ was in charge maybe it was just a clash with CR. Fingers crossed

+1

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2019, 12:02:51 PM

+1
+2

Twig

I don't object to him getting another chance. I just don't rate him.

Barry White

This is his third chance in my eyes, came back after the penalty fiasco and then blew up in training.

He sounds like he is poison for the dressing room, don't want him back. In any case he is not a good footballer either.

Steven Ageroad

He will frighten the life out of some of those Championship defences with his running at them.

Slaphead in Qatar

Good news if true - get your head down mate, work hard. Mitro will leave so we need a goal scorer.

Two Ton Ted

Considering he's under contract until 2021 we have no choice but to "welcome him back" unless we can unload his beforehand.

A classic putting two and two together piece of journalism from the Sub-Standard.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Two Ton Ted

My biggest problem with him he now has a solid reputation as a diver in England, and it's bad enough before his problems last season.

Any tackle could result in a yellow card for him.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Twig

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on May 17, 2019, 12:37:18 PM
Considering he's under contract until 2021 we have no choice but to "welcome him back" unless we can unload his beforehand.

A classic putting two and two together piece of journalism from the Sub-Standard.

Well I guess we could have just continued to seek loan deals to keep him away from the club and cover all or part of his wages.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on May 17, 2019, 12:39:19 PM
My biggest problem with him he now has a solid reputation as a diver in England, and it's bad enough before his problems last season.

Any tackle could result in a yellow card for him.

Surely he has no bigger reputation as a diver than many others (although he is probably the one with the least talent for diving). Can't think of one single player whose impact seem to be seriously affected by being labeled as a diver. So what if he gets an occasional wrongful yellow card for diving. If that is the biggest problem then I am fine with it.

RaySmith

He can do a good job for us back in the Championship, and I hope he returns.

I think Parker will communicate well with him, and there will be mutual respect, and I'm sure he'll know he won't get any more chances if his behaviour is out of order. On the pitch he needs to keep that edge, but try and stay the right side of the officials - like Mitro, most of the time, these days.

bobbo

Quote from: Barry White on May 17, 2019, 12:24:25 PM
I so agree 👍

This is his third chance in my eyes, came back after the penalty fiasco and then blew up in training.

He sounds like he is poison for the dressing room, don't want him back. In any case he is not a good footballer either.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

St Eve

Now we will see if Scotty can manage. I have always rated Kamara and i hope this works out

hovewhite

Quote from: St Eve on May 17, 2019, 02:18:08 PM
Now we will see if Scotty can manage. I have always rated Kamara and i hope this works out
+1

Andy S

Nobody says he will be kept but we paid 5m for him and he isn't going for nothing