watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara given chance to resurrect career at Craven Cottage

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 17, 2019, 11:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

I'm all for AK coming back. He offers little bursts of energy and unpredictability if nothing else. You can guarantee we are going to be the big team with all the other teams aiming to beat us. Our slow predictable build up needs to be mixed up with a bit of rawness, pace and as I say unpredictability.

Wouldn't excuse the lad for his actions at the training ground , but the whole club was absolutely toxic, and it was just after his manager said he wanted to kill him for Christ sake. Might have been in jest , but could also have been a resentful statement lost in informal translation and taken a different way.
Whatever happened, Scott needs a full squad to choose from through the summer and needs as many options as possible. He may end up being sold, so it's vital he's back with the group proving his fitness and ability to potential suitors instead of somewhere obscure in Turkey

Twig

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 17, 2019, 09:44:27 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2019, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on May 17, 2019, 04:50:23 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 17, 2019, 12:16:05 PM
I don't object to him getting another chance. I just don't rate him.

+1. Struggled to get in the side in our last stint in the championship. Don't see what more he can offer other than cameo roles

He has speed, no question.  Balance? Ball control? Touch? Not in my opinion and I don't see how these things will change at this stage in his career.

If Kamara had proficient balance, ball control and touch he'd be playing for a bigger club than Fulham.

So we put up with a speedster with no talent? Ok but I think we are better than that.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Twig on May 18, 2019, 12:37:01 AM

+1. Struggled to get in the side in our last stint in the championship. Don't see what more he can offer other than cameo roles

He has speed, no question.  Balance? Ball control? Touch? Not in my opinion and I don't see how these things will change at this stage in his career.

If Kamara had proficient balance, ball control and touch he'd be playing for a bigger club than Fulham.

So we put up with a speedster with no talent? Ok but I think we are better than that.

Most teams in the top two divisions have at least one forward that fits this description though they don't necessarily lead the line or play every game. We shouldn't turn our noses up at it or believe that we're "above" using players of this ilk.

St Eve

he certainly has talent. Attitude we will see

The Rational Fan

The two players that came off the bench more than anyone else in 17/18 were Kamara and Kebano, if we can build a squad strong enough that Kamara never needs to play 90 minutes but often plays 20 minutes that would be very good. We need four to five forwards better than Kamara, he is an excellent sixth forward in the squad. TK keep buying! as AK47 is only a very good bit player nothing more and nothing less.

Texas White

Still think he has potential; if he really wants to play and Scott is able to get the best out of him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Texas White on May 18, 2019, 03:02:39 AM
Still think he has potential; if he really wants to play and Scott is able to get the best out of him.

Kamara is the kind of player that eight games into the season, everyone is criticising Tony Khan for not getting an upgrade. TK please, keep Kamara but buy the upgrade.

We need lots of forwards in the Summer Transfer Window. If we lose Sessegnon on a transfer and Mitro get injuried, then we are really short of options. We need to accept Atyie, Kamara, Fonte, Kebano and Elliott are all bench and squad players.

From the 17/18, we won't have Sessegnon, Piazon, Ojo and Fredricks, these are the four players we most need to replace, plus we need cover for Mawson (Kalas would do) and Mitro (Dwight Gayle would be ideal).

Mince n Tatties

We getting desperate having him back...Parker out. :022:

Nero

think the best way to describe Ak is his legs are quicker than his brain which leads to a lack of composure

toshes mate

To those who are quick to condemn AK, and the alleged misdemeanors which all occurred while CR was in charge, perhaps JFK offered prophetic advice when saying "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".  FFC can always give AK a free transfer and pay off his contract if things really were that bad (and therefore still are which I do not for one moment believe to be true).  The propaganda machine always stoops lowest when it has been found out in other ways. 

SP, thank goodness, is not another CR, and I do believe AK will be just fine.  As regards football ability well let's see if he can live up to and exceed his comparatively modest transfer tag.     

simplyfulham

Whatever side of the fence you sit on regarding Kamara, if we do give him a second chance in the squad, imagine the reaction towards him at the first mistake he makes in the season?

And I think we can all agree it won't be long before he misses an open goal/gets sent off for violent conduct or diving/refuses to pass to a team mate in a better position in order to take a shot. Etc etc

Carborundum

I've noticed three things about the endlessly fascinating Kamara.

When he's nervous, his first touch is like concrete.  When he's relaxed it's fine.  It's vital that the crowd gets behind him.

Football has many dimensions, but none is more important than winning a personal battle with your marker.  He's just horrible to mark and doesn't back down.  How many have we had like that this year?

He reliably gets me out of my seat.  Irritating for the nice chap who sits behind me, but a sign I'm being entertained.  Of course it mostly goes wrong, but he tries stuff.  Sometimes it goes right.

Deeping_white

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 18, 2019, 10:04:52 AM
Whatever side of the fence you sit on regarding Kamara, if we do give him a second chance in the squad, imagine the reaction towards him at the first mistake he makes in the season?

And I think we can all agree it won't be long before he misses an open goal/gets sent off for violent conduct or diving/refuses to pass to a team mate in a better position in order to take a shot. Etc etc

When has Kamara ever shown himself to be violent on a football pitch? The only time he's ever shown frustration towards another player was against Bristol City and that red was rescinded because it was proven that the Bristol player feigned injury. As for missing chances or refusing to pass, I lost count of the amount of times Mitro did that this season so he won't be the only one.

Statto

Quote from: Carborundum on May 18, 2019, 10:34:41 AM
Football has many dimensions, but none is more important than winning a personal battle with your marker.  He's just horrible to mark and doesn't back down.  How many have we had like that this year?

He reliably gets me out of my seat.  Irritating for the nice chap who sits behind me, but a sign I'm being entertained.  Of course it mostly goes wrong, but he tries stuff.  Sometimes it goes right.

Agree.

He also improved a lot last year. People seem to forget what an important player he was at the business end of the season, up their with Cairney and Mitrovic. He showed a major better trajectory than Sessegnon has this season. On that basis, if we had one on each wing next year and you asked me to predict who'll be more important for us, I'd be inclined to say Kamara. 

Nero

IF Mitro does go we'll need a penalty taker and we know AK will take them

Penfold

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think him and Mitro (who I think will stay for at least another season) up front would certainly scare
the cr*p out of defenses.
The point about being selfish with shooting chances, many good strikers are like
that, but Kamara does have a lot more to his game and like Mitro his first touch,
bullying, hold up play "and pace"  and knock downs/layoffs will provide loads of
chances for our midfielders.  Johansen, TC, will thrive on them
He's the pacy winger we're looking for as well and does tackle back.
Don't smooth off his rough edges, defenders hate UNPREDICTABILITY especially on a muddy oitches.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

He's very lucky to still be here but he needs to keep his nose clean.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 18, 2019, 01:09:19 AM

Most teams in the top two divisions have at least one forward that fits this description though they don't necessarily lead the line or play every game. We shouldn't turn our noses up at it or believe that we're "above" using players of this ilk.

I'd rather sign Cameron Jerome if we're going to have that type of player on the squad.   He's 32, but Ryan Babel proved that there might still be a good 2 years left in Cameron.   

He's faster than Odoi...probably faster than Sess...probably equal in pace to AK47...and he's taller than Aboukar.

MikeW

"He will frighten the life out of some of those Championship defences with his running at them."

Sadly not through his football ability.  Total waster.  Get rid
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."