watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Strange What You Find In The Loft.

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 23, 2019, 04:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Rummaging through things looking for something this morn,I came across a set  and and few extra of the Nat West Pig family Piggy Banks that my Daughter had early 80s.
She never used them even one of the rare ones there Cousin Wesley.Had a look on eBay and Christ the price
some are at,one set at over £400 and that's used.

Twig

hovewhite

SP

Good find, I've also got a set in the loft which is probably covered in an inch of dust.  Will hopefully cover half the cost of your season ticket next season when the new prices are announced!

BestOfBrede

Last time I was in the loft I found all around to be Neanderthal numb skulls

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SP on May 23, 2019, 06:59:50 PM
Good find, I've also got a set in the loft which is probably covered in an inch of dust.  Will hopefully cover half the cost of your season ticket next season when the new prices are announced!

They belong to my daughter who lives in OZ.
Amazing how things they gave away are collectable nowadays.
The Woody one is common but the cousin Wesley one they didn't mass produce,so is worth more.

SP

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 23, 2019, 07:34:14 PM
Quote from: SP on May 23, 2019, 06:59:50 PM

They belong to my daughter who lives in OZ.
Amazing how things they gave away are collectable nowadays.

Before the recession, I'm told they were worth considerably more, £800 ish. Give it time I suppose.

Mine came from a bank manager friend who took our set off a skip when they were closing his branch

filham

Removed lots of old junk from the loft when I down sized to a flat but nothing of any financial value.
Worst loft memory was when I disturbed a wasps nest in my low loft and there I was on my knees trying to fight 100 wasps with a hammer .

Slaphead in Qatar

Last time I looked in my loft I found a body  086.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 23, 2019, 04:35:07 PM
Rummaging through things looking for something this morn,I came across a set  and and few extra of the Nat West Pig family Piggy Banks that my Daughter had early 80s.
She never used them even one of the rare ones there Cousin Wesley.Had a look on eBay and Christ the price
some are at,one set at over £400 and that's used.

Reading this post prompted me to climb up into my attic, whereupon I found a full size adult skeleton, I wondered where my first wife had got to.
I also found a water cannon which might come in handy sometime in the future.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I went in my and found last years Xmas present I bought the kids and forgot about. Who knew puppies bodies lasted that long 🤷🏼‍♂️
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Allestree andy

went up to clean the loft with my wife she is now full of cobwebs but is good with the children :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:
To the limit and beyond

filham

Quote from: Allestree andy on May 25, 2019, 02:45:03 PM
went up to clean the loft with my wife she is now full of cobwebs but is good with the children :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

Try cleaning the loft wth a dust pan and brush or a vacuum cleaner next time.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

You have to be careful with some of these antiques and collectibles because tastes change and what was valuable only a few years ago can drop.
They may still bring a good price but the Nat West Pigs are not worth anything like the money they would have brought.
My wife and I always wanted a piece of Staffordshire flat back pottery but could not afford what they were asking. 19/20 years later the bottom has dropped out of the market for these items and prices are amazingly low by comparison.
We wouldn't want one now anyway.

bog

Many years ago a friend of mine found that if you tread between the rafters you can seriously hurt your private parts.... :022: