watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnon

Started by Art Vandelay, May 17, 2019, 06:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

What about all the badge patting?? I thought he was going to be a lifer, who knew 1500.gif.

Pleased for the lad whatever he chooses to do, life is short and you have  to make most of it whilst you can, if he feels a move away is the way to fair play just be nice if he signed a deal before he got to his last 12 months so we could have got a bigger pay day.

grandad

Quote from: DevonFFC on May 18, 2019, 11:41:59 AM
What about all the badge patting?? I thought he was going to be a lifer, who knew 1500.gif.

Pleased for the lad whatever he chooses to do, life is short and you have  to make most of it whilst you can, if he feels a move away is the way to fair play just be nice if he signed a deal before he got to his last 12 months so we could have got a bigger pay day.

Saha & EVDS both signed long contracts with activation fees so that we got big fees. Would have been nice for Sess to have done the same.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

It will stick in my throat a bit if he leaves.

He's clearly not ready for the PL and, if he joins someone like Spurs, will spend next season either in the u23s, on the bench, or out on loan somewhere, quite possibly to another Championship club.

Therefore I'm not sure why he wants to leave or thinks it will benefit him to leave at this stage.

SuffolkWhite

If there's an Agent involved then money talks and the fee the Agent will get makes a transfer more likely.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

70sPimlico

Quote from: Statto on May 18, 2019, 12:03:11 PM

He's clearly not ready for the PL and, if he joins someone like Spurs, will spend next season either in the u23s, on the bench, or out on loan somewhere, quite possibly to another Championship club.

Therefore I'm not sure why he wants to leave or thinks it will benefit him to leave at this stage.

I'm guessing a mix of money, quality of coaching, opportunities (albeit fleeting) to appear on the very big stage, International chances, playing with better players and the fact that that opportunity is right now. He could have an average season in the Championship and maybe that opportunity does not come round again.

I really couldnt blame him and his fee should go a long way to giving us every chance to come up next season.

Its as close to a win:win as its going to get

junior white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 18, 2019, 06:22:00 AM
Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 10:34:55 PM
What happens if he wants to stay in London? Which I believe he does from media reports. If that's the case and Levy knows that he won't go into a bidding war he will bid what he thinks he can, we can accept any offer but Sess doesn't have to agree terms.

Bidding wars only work if a player doesn't have a preferred club or city to go too

Not True, Sessegnon would be desperate to sign a five year contract, he'll move to Manchester to guarantee his financial future. Ryan Sessegnon is not  rich yet (he probably can buy a house in Fulham no more), but the moment he signs a five-year contract he will richer than he ever imagined 10m-20m+ and will never have to work again. Alternatively, if Ryan Sessegnon stays and gets injured, then he will not have a lucrative career in football and will be training for some job like a P.E. school teacher on 40,000 per year to 90,000 per year. Markovoic probably taught Sessegnon about the advantages of cashing in to get a long-term contract when everyone thinks your full of potential and your little more than a speculative gamble.

If Manchester United offer Fulham big money, then Ryan Sessegnon's options will be i) move to Manchester United collect 10m+, ii) sign with Fulham for five years collect 10m+ or iii) stay with Fulham for one year collect 500k and hope to an injury free premier league player, then later is an insane risk for Sessegnon. It would be more sensible for Sessegnon to pay for his family and friends to move to Manchester than reject the deal, which is why a double deal for the twins is likely (even if they just put Steven on loan up North say at Oldham).
I understand your point, but he can refuse to move and hold out for the club he wants (that's if the media reports are true and he wants to stay in London). He still doesn't need to sign a new deal and can leave for next to nothing (aka mousse the 2nd) or he could refuse to play and force a move (aka Payet) for the record I don't think he would refuse to play. The power is with players these days to a degree.

I hope he stays, and signs a new deal so we get some money next summer

As I said on another post I would have sold him last summer with the deal including that they loan back for the season just finished

Statto

Quote from: 70sPimlico on May 18, 2019, 12:24:32 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 18, 2019, 12:03:11 PM

I'm guessing a mix of money, quality of coaching, opportunities (albeit fleeting) to appear on the very big stage, International chances, playing with better players and the fact that that opportunity is right now. He could have an average season in the Championship and maybe that opportunity does not come round again.

I really couldnt blame him and his fee should go a long way to giving us every chance to come up next season.

Its as close to a win:win as its going to get

He may get more money in the short-term but I don't think a year sitting on their bench will improve his long-term earning potential.
Also not sure training matches with PL players is any better for a player's development than competitive matches against Championship players.
Don't see him getting anywhere near the England team any time soon either.
And finally, I can't see us getting a 20 goals/assists per season winger with the money we'll get for him, which I think will be much lower than everyone on here seems to expect.
All in all, lose lose for me.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Perhaps leaving us is Sess's way of being loyal to us, his club.
He knows the money we get will help a long way to getting back up
but by staying, his contribution wouldn't be enough.

Or am I being naive ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 18, 2019, 06:22:00 AM
Quote from: junior white on May 17, 2019, 10:34:55 PM
What happens if he wants to stay in London? Which I believe he does from media reports. If that's the case and Levy knows that he won't go into a bidding war he will bid what he thinks he can, we can accept any offer but Sess doesn't have to agree terms.

Bidding wars only work if a player doesn't have a preferred club or city to go too

Not True, Sessegnon would be desperate to sign a five year contract, he'll move to Manchester to guarantee his financial future. Ryan Sessegnon is not  rich yet (he probably can buy a house in Fulham no more), but the moment he signs a five-year contract he will richer than he ever imagined 10m-20m+ and will never have to work again. Alternatively, if Ryan Sessegnon stays and gets injured, then he will not have a lucrative career in football and will be training for some job like a P.E. school teacher on 40,000 per year to 90,000 per year. Markovoic probably taught Sessegnon about the advantages of cashing in to get a long-term contract when everyone thinks your full of potential and your little more than a speculative gamble.

If Manchester United offer Fulham big money, then Ryan Sessegnon's options will be i) move to Manchester United collect 10m+, ii) sign with Fulham for five years collect 10m+ or iii) stay with Fulham for one year collect 500k and hope to an injury free premier league player, then later is an insane risk for Sessegnon. It would be more sensible for Sessegnon to pay for his family and friends to move to Manchester than reject the deal, which is why a double deal for the twins is likely (even if they just put Steven on loan up North say at Oldham).

Dear god, when did P.E. teachers start earning £40 - 90k pa?  For someone who likes to present himself as rational and data driven that is wildly incorrect.

toshes mate

Let Ryan enjoy his birthday celebrations today (Many Happy Returns To Him) and organise his thoughts as he has shown a remarkably mature attitude with.  I wish him well whatever he chooses, and from a purely unbiased football perspective, understand how much hinges on his decision - for him.   Personally I do not believe he'll leave for money alone, and I think he'll make a wise choice in the next few days or weeks once all his options are out in the open.

YankeeJim

The lad has been a credit to the club, his family and himself. He owes us nothing. Wherever he goes I wish him only the best. A long term contract at Manur or the like sets him and his family up for life. A studs up challenge by some thug in the Championship could end it all. Via con dios, Ryan.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Statto

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 18, 2019, 05:13:05 PM
A long term contract at Manur or the like sets him and his family up for life.

Does it though?
I'd be surprised if we're not offering £40k pw, and equally surprised if any of the top clubs are offering him much more than £60k pw.
So over the coming season, after 45% tax, it will probably be a case of earning £1m from Fulham or £1.5m from Man Utd. Hardly a life-changing difference.

As for injuries, presumably he's insured.

If he has another good season in the Championship and we don't get promoted then yes, I can understand him needing to move on, but as I said above, for the 19/20 season the Championship seems about the right level for him.

Texas White

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 18, 2019, 05:13:05 PM
The lad has been a credit to the club, his family and himself. He owes us nothing. Wherever he goes I wish him only the best. A long term contract at Manur or the like sets him and his family up for life. A studs up challenge by some thug in the Championship could end it all. Via con dios, Ryan.

People need to be realistic. Ryan and Fulham have been good for each over, but sometimes you have to break up. Wish him the best whatever he decides.

bahay18

Ryan has certainly earnt his move . But he will need to put in  a lot more effort than he has the last few months and learn how to tackle and get stuck in if he has designs on a move to a top 6 club. United in their current state would be a poor choice , big transition coming can't believe he would be a first choice there. Spurs and liverpool would be a better fit for him and both have coaches that improve players. Hard to see him being anywhere near the first team though next season .

Andy S

He cost us nothing as an individual and even if he left for nothing we couldn't be too disappointed but he won't. We will make a minimum of 15 mil for him and probably a lot more. If Sess goes to another premier league club he will need motivation to improve himself. If he stays here I don't believe he will have enough. He now needs to move on and leave the way open for a new starlet at the club for as much as we can get. Ther3 should also be a lot of add on's

ex-Pat

Who cares lob him of, great Championship player, pony Premier, good luck to him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bahay18 on May 19, 2019, 06:06:21 PM
Ryan has certainly earnt his move . But he will need to put in  a lot more effort than he has the last few months and learn how to tackle and get stuck in if he has designs on a move to a top 6 club. United in their current state would be a poor choice , big transition coming can't believe he would be a first choice there. Spurs and liverpool would be a better fit for him and both have coaches that improve players. Hard to see him being anywhere near the first team though next season .

It's a year in the gym for Ryan Sessegnon, improving his strength, aggression, jumping, heading, defending, volleys and long shots. He'll be top class in two years just you watch, when performances like the Southampton game at home are normal.

Art Vandelay

I've read that he favours a move to Liverpool over Man Utd but I cannot see that he would even make the bench for them. Man Utd could be a good fit as I'm sure they are going to have a massive overhaul of players and will give players a chance to bed in rather than expect an immediate title challenge so he should get chances at left wing back or left winger.

I Ronic

Successful sports people have huge self belief. Sess will be no different. He's never going to be injured and he's good enough to be first choice at whatever club he goes too. Staying at Fulham, while good for us, would be a backward step for him and strangely his brother. If he goes he gets rewarded and so do we. Steven Sessegnon can get on with developing his career away from the spotlight of his brother.