watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Inexperienced managers and full squads

Started by sunburywhite, May 18, 2019, 06:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

A lot of people are slating SP because he isn't a big name and has no experience

So, Frank Lampard has lead Derby into the play off finals in his first season. He didn't have any experience of managing at all let alone managing in the Championship (which seems to be a lot of peoples yardstick)

Sunderland have reached the play offs for league 2 in spite of not having enough 1st team players at the start of training, kit men and coaches had to make up sides. They also had Jack Ross who had no experience in managing in England let alone Division 2. He had only got 3 years of managing in the mickey mouse Scottish leagues

I think to many people are wanting the impossible
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rational Fan

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 18, 2019, 06:57:23 AM
A lot of people are slating SP because he isn't a big name and has no experience

So, Frank Lampard has lead Derby into the play off finals in his first season. He didn't have any experience of managing at all let alone managing in the Championship (which seems to be a lot of peoples yardstick)

Sunderland have reached the play offs for league 2 in spite of not having enough 1st team players at the start of training, kit men and coaches had to make up sides. They also had Jack Ross who had no experience in managing in England let alone Division 2. He had only got 3 years of managing in the mickey mouse Scottish leagues

If you had a serious medical procedure at Charring Cross Hospital that may save your life if it goes well, would you prefer the newest doctor that managed  10 operations or someone with experience that managed 1000 operations. Of course, the new doctor maybe better, but would you take the chance.

DevonFFC

If you lay out all your reasons now your in win win situation. As either we over perform and it's a fluke or under perform and beat tony Khan with the transfer stick and told you so.

I cannot wait for the new season to start now and to be part of the most exciting league in football.

The Rational Fan

In this stage of his career, can someone explain to me why Scott Parker is not Assistant Manager at Fulham? Did he earn a promotion?

In most lines of work, you don't get promoted from your first Assistant Manager job after 28-32 weeks, just because the team is poorly managed.

The only reason he is now Manager is the "Management team failed while he was the Assistant, the Managers got sacked and he got promoted".

If Scott Parker fails this season and next season, then it is more than likely that we will be where QPR and Brentford are financial in term of buying players.

sunburywhite

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 18, 2019, 07:55:42 AM

If you had a serious medical procedure at Charring Cross Hospital that may save your life if it goes well, would you prefer the newest doctor that managed  10 operations or someone with experience that managed 1000 operations. Of course, the new doctor maybe better, but would you take the chance.

Howard Shipman was an experienced doctor.

Next
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

toshes mate

You just want the one guy who will cure you.  Perhaps s/he was one of many others, but what if the one who operated on you were the only one who could/would cure you?  You'll never know and that is why the question is facile.

ALG01

We all very well know, or should, Scott deseves a chance, just as macdonald and adams did,.
The problem scott has is his serially failing employer.

DevonFFC

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 18, 2019, 08:19:03 AM

Howard Shipman was an experienced doctor.

Next

Claudio Ranieri was an experienced manager

Statto

Sunderland were massive favourites to win League One this year, so 5th place is actually pretty disappointing.

Derby have made the play-offs something like 4 times in 6 years now, so scraping into 6th place by 1 point on the last day of the season was hardly exceeding expectations.

Neither manager has done anything special.

bobby01

I may have missed them but I have not seen loads of people slating SP off, I and others have stated we have reservations about his credentials but he has the job now so I will support him. Having said that I was far from impressed v Newcastle, he has a hell of a lot to do.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

..FOF..

Quote from: bobby01 on May 18, 2019, 12:23:54 PM
I may have missed them but I have not seen loads of people slating SP off, I and others have stated we have reservations about his credentials but he has the job now so I will support him. Having said that I was far from impressed v Newcastle, he has a hell of a lot to do.

I was thinking the same thing.... It is probably just The Rational Fan multiple posts we are seeing... haha

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 18, 2019, 08:08:41 AM
In this stage of his career, can someone explain to me why Scott Parker is not Assistant Manager at Fulham? Did he earn a promotion?

In most lines of work, you don't get promoted from your first Assistant Manager job after 28-32 weeks, just because the team is poorly managed.

The only reason he is now Manager is the "Management team failed while he was the Assistant, the Managers got sacked and he got promoted".

If Scott Parker fails this season and next season, then it is more than likely that we will be where QPR and Brentford are financial in term of buying players.

So explain and justify how Tony Khan got his current job at Fulham, it certainly was not down to his experience and knowledge of the culture of Association Football, or his inexperienced and calamitous  negotiating skills, because he has not got any. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Now that Middlesbrough have parted company with Pulis, Boro chairman Steve Gibson is understood to be considering a number of younger, ambitious candidates to take on a long-term project.

So let's give our young, ambitious manager our full backing.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 18, 2019, 01:40:05 PM

So explain and justify how Tony Khan got his current job at Fulham, it certainly was not down to his experience and knowledge of the culture of Association Football, or his inexperienced and calamitous  negotiating skills, because he has not got any.

Yes, similar criticisms of Scott Parker and Tony Khan, because both had no experience when they meet the owner, joined the club in a assistant role and a few months later got the job. The difference is Tony Khan got the job because he is a co-owner, owners son and can get money.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 19, 2019, 12:11:28 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 18, 2019, 01:40:05 PM

Yes, similar criticisms of Scott Parker and Tony Khan, because both had no experience when they meet the owner, joined the club in a assistant role and a few months later got the job. The difference is Tony Khan got the job because he is a co-owner, owners son and can get money.

However, one is a qualified professional football person, the other is an imposter, a bogus footballing person.
It's no good having money if it is wasted due to incompetence, negligence and inefficiency, by unqualified, inexperienced  amateur decisions which all contributed to Fulham FC demise in a huge way.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Just think back to Malcolm MacDonald or if you are as old as me to Beddy Jezzard, both Fulham managers in their first ever managerial jobs and they were huge successes.
Micky Adams didn't do too bad either.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on May 19, 2019, 10:42:10 AM
Just think back to Malcolm MacDonald or if you are as old as me to Beddy Jezzard, both Fulham managers in their first ever managerial jobs and they were huge successes.
Micky Adams didn't do too bad either.

Malcolm McDonald was totally unproven too, but he was all we could afford and happened to be great. I have no doubt he could take this squad up. Scott Parker could be the best manager in history or one of the worst, i couldn't have a clue.

Ronnief

Can we get this right Scott Parker is our permanent Head Coach.  He is not employed as the Manager. As I understand his position as in the case of most of the "head men" employed by the Khans is that of Head coach.  He just coaches the players he is supplied with. I feel that Scotty will do his best with the players he is given and although he may express his wishes to the "Management" those wishes may not come about.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 19, 2019, 12:11:28 AM
It simply isn't true that SP had no experience when he first became known to the Khans, either or both.  He has played football for a number of clubs, a number of coaches, a number of styles, formations and tactics, and even at International level.  The career pyramid of coaching starts as an assistant and progresses and there is no rationale on earth for the moment someone decides to give you a chance to lead, since it is a situational matter be it right place, right time, best circumstantial fit, deserved via experience or whatever.  Khan Jnr has no such claim to footballing prowess and even his 'own version' [sic] of statistics based recruitment may be very deeply flawed when it comes to application to the English game of football by virtue of his relationship to the owner.  In TK's case all those judgements were either considered by SK or not as the case may be and we will never be sure if his father made a judgement call or had his mind made up long before he made the deal with MAF.

As you infer in your later post the proof of anything comes after a decision is made and chance suggests it'll work out in some ways but not in others, which has been true of every single case of manager/coach appointment the Khans have agreed.  It is the ever changing environment that determines outcomes and not the singular effect of one decision, and that is why so much care should be taken in determining and understanding the positives and negatives of any individual employee in a company on an ongoing basis before holding the shotgun to your shoulder and aiming at both feet.  I have often wondered just where the Khans get their advice from because perhaps they need to change that source.   

The Rational Fan

I couldn't agree more than the Khan's need some better advisors. Unless, the scouts wrote "beware danger do not enter, FFC is likely the wrong club for this player" on the front of the scouting reports for TFM, Seri and Schullre, then Scouts gave bad advice.