https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Focus BBC 1

Started by Westlondonffc, May 18, 2019, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westlondonffc

Gets worse every time. Unwatchable now. BBC politically correct propaganda

elgreenio

I just don't like that we get the same "pundits" rammed down our throat every single week now. Oh look it's Alex Scott
touch my camera through the fence

grandad

I think the female pundits & commentators are terrible. So monotone & lacking in enthusiasm & making even a great match boring. Motty they are not. Same with the cricket ones.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jonnoj

Sorry can't agree, Alex Scott is excellent and really knows her stuff.
Miles more interesting than shearer, Merson, and bloody Jamie rednapp who just has nothing to say

Mickeyboro

Apart from the fact we have to wait till five for the action, we must suffer women's football, plugs for other bbc programmes, the people's cup, singing from a very unmusical bloke I have never heard of...

Robbie

Like much of BBC coverage, politically correct and biased drivel.
I just find myself listening to Talk Sport and watching BT Sport.

ffcne

Alex Scott FA Cup winner big deal.!!!

Watched the European Cup Rugby last week on Channel 4
had the England Womens Rugby Union Captain as pundit.
Felt sorry for her as well out her depth and nervous . Why ??

ffcne

Quote from: Robbie on May 18, 2019, 03:37:35 PM
Like much of BBC coverage, politically correct and biased drivel.
I just find myself listening to Talk Sport and watching BT Sport.

Talksport is getting as bad.
Suddenly women presenting everywhere.
Every time Natalie Sawyer is on she reminds us all she is a Brentford fan.
So what

Twig

Oh dear what a lot of unreconstructed old farts.  What the hell is wrong with women presenters? Do men have some sort of monopoly on knowledge and insights into sport? Why is being a womens' FA Cup winner "big deal"?  Nothing politically correct about understanding that the female half of the population can play, comment on and understand sport.  Just plain common sense.

aaronmcguigan

Some of the female commentators have monotone annoying voices.

The actual reality is, so do some of the male commentators so I don't see the point of this post.

Alex Scott is the only pundit I actually like, male or female because she's very informative and unbiased. She hasn't played the men's game but knows it inside out and can critique it better than former players like shearer and jenas who have fallen into those jobs as opposed to Scott who literally worked flat out to get that job

west kowloon white

At the risk of being non pc ,there did seem to be as much about mental health and racism as there was about the match.

Fulham1959

I find the attitudes displayed in this topic to be as much insufferable as the BBC is claimed to be by the majority of posters.  I like Alex Scott and I like watching top-class women's football. 

As a youngster, I thought FA Cup Final Day was second only to Christmas Day in my calendar.  But we were starved of football on TV in those days.  I turned my TV on about 4.45 p.m. today and turned it off at the final whistle.  I'm not much for hype.  I thought Watford gave it a good shot until finally overwhelmed.

Well done Man City - and all achieved on a shoestring budget, too . . . ;-)

Mince n Tatties

Should be nowhere near the panel.
Should be at a netball game or something like that or at home washing her panties...Women talking about footie,don't make me laugh.
That other one on the red button with the half shaved head sitting agreeing with everything the male pundit says,never any controversy like the guys will argue about....Zzzzzzz...BBC full of sh++.😱😱😱😱😱

MikeW

Fulham 1959: I'd like to know when you watched 'top class' women's football on the TV?.  It is being forced on the viewer by PC TV companies who are also aware it's cheap.  Last weekend some sort of Women's Premier League play off or final was reported all over the media.  Just over 2000 people bothered to turn up.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

GJB

Personally rate Alex Scott highly as a pundit, clearly understands football very well and speaks more lucidly, with greater in-depth analysis than half the other football pundits on air, merson comes to mind. If she's got the ability to excel at her job, which she has shown she has, who cares what cups she has won, which team she played for or what gender she is

H4usuallysitting

I'm an old fart....the bbc should be paid for by advertiser's.... it's currently 75% repeats.... don't get me on why they pay men more than women....or how/why they need 4 channels including bbc3....god knows how many radio stations they offer

Camel Club

The BBC's TV coverage is still a lot better than ITV's. Personally I like Alex Scott. She can be insightful and is far more articulate than most former players. Chris Waddle is a regular on 5 Live and I just wish he was on TV more. He calls it as he sees it, is passionate about all elements of our national sport, doesn't simply regurgitate the BBC party line and is really passionate about football. His rant after England lost to Germany in the 2010 World Cup was brilliant and just today he was utterly scathing regarding the price of Cup Final tickets and ticket allocations for the upcoming Champions League and Europa League finals.

Contrast him with Stuart Pearce who serves only to state the bleeding obvious and bastardise the English language which is why I gave up on Talksport a long time ago.

ALG01

i do not mind women as long as they know what they are on about. it does worry me they are all young and pretty so suspect this is not quite Kosher. i know plenty of females that undersatand the game and speak brilliantly and men should not imagine they know everything but the pundits are there for how they look and whether they show enough leg..... do not believe me find an 'ordinary looking lady on TV'

Woolly Mammoth

The sooner the loony left wing bbc is flushed down the toilet the better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HobGoblin

I echo the Chris Waddle comment, is a good pundit, commentator. Enjoyable to listen too and knows his stuff far more than the bbc crew