watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Focus BBC 1

Started by Westlondonffc, May 18, 2019, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

So some of you would prefer the boring adverts for things you will never use than to watch the BBC What rubbish the BBC is far better value than any commercial station. All they put on are cheap easy to make programmes with no decent content. As for Bias I like a bit of that as it makes my brain think

Westlondonffc

The BBC were desperate to appoint a female pundit to promote the women's game a bit an Alex Scott happened to be recently retired, mixed raced, female and good looking. Ticked a lot of boxes. In real life I'm yet to meet a woman who is a genuinely passionate and well informed football fan

Ged

Quote from: Westlondonffc on May 19, 2019, 02:07:40 AM
The BBC were desperate to appoint a female pundit to promote the women's game a bit an Alex Scott happened to be recently retired, mixed raced, female and good looking. Ticked a lot of boxes. In real life I'm yet to meet a woman who is a genuinely passionate and well informed football fan

get a life

SG

The BBC openly state that they are recruiting more woman so that programmes are more equally representative of the population as a whole. Hence more women on question time, Today, Newsnight, etc. No doubt football commentary falls into this as well. Can't wait for the invitation to commentate on the next women's netball international

bog

It is not FF but I will never forget how when we lost 2-0 at that lot down the road but played so well, on MOTD 2 they never uttered a single word on our performance. I wrote to the editor of the programme politely (I struggled with that) pointing out this fact, I also enclosed an sae and informed of my email address.....not a word in reply.  :031:

092.gif 

john dempsey

I think it is good to have a nice young lady on M.O.T.D.
instead of the old tarts that have been on it for years

Fulham1959

Quote from: MikeW on May 18, 2019, 08:20:10 PM
Fulham 1959: I'd like to know when you watched 'top class' women's football on the TV?.  It is being forced on the viewer by PC TV companies who are also aware it's cheap.  Last weekend some sort of Women's Premier League play off or final was reported all over the media.  Just over 2000 people bothered to turn up.

England's Women International matches.  Open your eyes.  They are as skilful as the men, with the possible exception of the goalkeeping.

john dempsey

must agree i have seen some terrible boobs from female keepers.

Russianrob

The problem is women do not know how to cheat playing football.When a man is fouled he knows he must roll around as if a sniper in the crowd has just shot him.A woman does not know how to get an opponent sent off.The girlies are clueless.Long live mens football only!!!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Statto on May 18, 2019, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on May 18, 2019, 04:37:56 PM
Some of the female commentators have monotone annoying voices.

The actual reality is, so do some of the male commentators so I don't see the point of this post.

Alex Scott is the only pundit I actually like, male or female because she's very informative and unbiased. She hasn't played the men's game but knows it inside out and can critique it better than former players like shearer and jenas who have fallen into those jobs as opposed to Scott who literally worked flat out to get that job

I fully accept Shearer, Wright et al are terrible pundits and only there because they were good footballers in their hayday.
But let's not kid ourselves, Scott is there because she's also an ex-footballer, and she ticks both the gender and ethnic minority boxes for the BBC.

Ummmmmm Ian Wright is black. Hadn't you noticed?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on May 19, 2019, 11:43:29 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on May 19, 2019, 10:29:19 PM

The actual reality is, so do some of the male commentators so I don't see the point of this post.

Alex Scott is the only pundit I actually like, male or female because she's very informative and unbiased. She hasn't played the men's game but knows it inside out and can critique it better than former players like shearer and jenas who have fallen into those jobs as opposed to Scott who literally worked flat out to get that job

I fully accept Shearer, Wright et al are terrible pundits and only there because they were good footballers in their hayday.
But let's not kid ourselves, Scott is there because she's also an ex-footballer, and she ticks both the gender and ethnic minority boxes for the BBC.

Ummmmmm my point was that Scott is no more there on merit than Shearer or Wright.
What's yours?

Any ex-footballer with 100+ caps for England seems to be automatically selected pundits job. When Wayne Rooney retires he only needs to apply to get a pundits job. Alex Scott has more caps than Rooney and surely better a pundit than Rooney.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 20, 2019, 12:22:58 AM
Quote from: Statto on May 19, 2019, 11:43:29 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on May 19, 2019, 10:29:19 PM

Ummmmmm my point was that Scott is no more there on merit than Shearer or Wright.
What's yours?

Any ex-footballer with 100+ caps for England seems to be automatically selected pundits job. When Wayne Rooney retires he only needs to apply to get a pundits job. Alex Scott has more caps than Rooney and surely better a pundit than Rooney.

My Ventriloquist Dummy is a better pundit than Wayne Rooney.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamKC

Wow. Amazed at most of the comments on this thread. Would have expected (and certainly hoped for) better from the FFC community.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: FulhamKC on May 20, 2019, 01:51:36 AM
Wow. Amazed at most of the comments on this thread. Would have expected (and certainly hoped for) better from the FFC community.

I agree. The level of naked racism and sexism on this thread leaves me gobsmacked. It seems like anytime a woman or ethnic minority get a promotion then some on here thinks it's due to political correctness. Er hello - but people from all sections of society are capable and competent.
Alex is one of the best pundits out there at the moment - she speaks with clarity and has an excellent reading of the game.

Twig

Quote from: Westlondonffc on May 19, 2019, 02:07:40 AM

Then you've not met many women.

Twig

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 20, 2019, 05:45:07 AM

I agree. The level of naked racism and sexism on this thread leaves me gobsmacked. It seems like anytime a woman or ethnic minority get a promotion then some on here thinks it's due to political correctness. Er hello - but people from all sections of society are capable and competent.
Alex is one of the best pundits out there at the moment - she speaks with clarity and has an excellent reading of the game.

Plus one

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 18, 2019, 08:01:39 PM
Should be nowhere near the panel.
Should be at a netball game or something like that or at home washing her panties...Women talking about footie,don't make me laugh.
That other one on the red button with the half shaved head sitting agreeing with everything the male pundit says,never any controversy like the guys will argue about....Zzzzzzz...BBC full of sh++.😱😱😱😱😱

Perhaps you should be at home washing your panties?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on May 20, 2019, 07:27:30 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 18, 2019, 08:01:39 PM
Should be nowhere near the panel.
Should be at a netball game or something like that or at home washing her panties...Women talking about footie,don't make me laugh.
That other one on the red button with the half shaved head sitting agreeing with everything the male pundit says,never any controversy like the guys will argue about....Zzzzzzz...BBC full of sh++.😱😱😱😱😱

Perhaps you should be at home washing your panties?

064.gif
I never wear any.

HV71

Quote from: Twig on May 20, 2019, 07:24:17 AM

Plus one

Plus 2
Simply cannot believe some of the mindless comments on here who should all join the rag worm club

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HV71 on May 20, 2019, 07:49:21 AM
Quote from: Twig on May 20, 2019, 07:24:17 AM

Plus one

Plus 2
Simply cannot believe some of the mindless comments on here who should all join the rag worm club

Do you people ever stop to think for a minute that a lot of what is said on this forum is tongue in cheek.
You sad PC lefties really need to get a life and stop worrying about everything, you'll put yourselves in an early grave.😟