News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No start to works on the riverside stand.

Started by fcfulham55, May 19, 2019, 08:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Thought after the Newcastle game work was to commence? Nevermind, after not originally liking the design. I thought it could look like a smart little stand.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Robbie

Woolly Mammoth

I was never that keen on the design anyway.
I have now reached  the stage whereupon a row of Flag Polls with the Emblems of the Championship Clubs fluttering in the breeze by the River Thames suddenly seems more appealing. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

OldBrownShoe

064.gif I heard that the Club is considering going back to one of its former "grounds" at Eelbrook Common or behind the Half Moon pub in Lower Richmond Road. I'll get my coat.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Rambler

Are we expecting an update from the club? I thought works were supposed to be commenced at the end of this month so we still have a little time left.
Or are even the most optimistic supporters now expecting this not to go ahead?

gang

Quote from: Rambler on May 19, 2019, 10:14:41 AM
Are we expecting an update from the club? I thought works were supposed to be commenced at the end of this month so we still have a little time left.
Or are even the most optimistic supporters now expecting this not to go ahead?

Flying 🐖🐖🐖

filham

I am counting the left over prune stones on my breakfast plate, this year ?, next year?, sometime?, Never?.

If it was going to be this year then demolition should have started immediately after the Newcastle match.

hovewhite

When I called the ticket office last week about being a riversider S.T they we're silent and said S.Ts information will be announced this Friday coming up.Nothing about moving us!

_Putney_

If it doesn't happen then I think we can consider these owners as a real concern for the club.  I can't imagine the justification for pulling out of this.

res

Quote from: fcfulham55 on May 19, 2019, 08:08:26 AM
Thought after the Newcastle game work was to commence? Nevermind, after not originally liking the design. I thought it could look like a smart little stand.

I've always said that I cannot see the practicality of building while we're resident at the Cottage. Building work stopping for games, security issues at games with building stuff all over the place, building time and costs increasing compared with a closed ground; if it goes ahead, we'll have to move elsewhere for a couple of years.
I also can't see the practicality of building it anyway...transporting the steel etc through the warren of small streets gridlocked with parked cars, doing it by barge can reduce this only marginally because of tide times etc.
So we wait to see....is it a disaster if it doesn't go ahead?

f321ffc

Quote from: res on May 19, 2019, 12:33:12 PM

I've always said that I cannot see the practicality of building while we're resident at the Cottage. Building work stopping for games, security issues at games with building stuff all over the place, building time and costs increasing compared with a closed ground; if it goes ahead, we'll have to move elsewhere for a couple of years.
I also can't see the practicality of building it anyway...transporting the steel etc through the warren of small streets gridlocked with parked cars, doing it by barge can reduce this only marginally because of tide times etc.

I may be wrong but I thought that a condition of the planning approval was that all matietials were to be delivered on the river.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

H4usuallysitting

There's a problem with a tree in Bishops park....the club want to use a bit of the park as a storage area.....the park over the past few years had a lot of upgrades....the club contributed towards these

St Eve

Quote from: res on May 19, 2019, 12:33:12 PM

I don't see why not. Many clubs have done this in the past. Also our crowds will most likely be down and very few 100% capacity. As for moving materials That is the cost of progress.

brightster

I think they are waiting on the building works plan, which we already know from the notes from the FST meeting, the marine works will be the first part of the project, followed by the demolition of the stand! Perhaps say the first phase takes a year then we will not have to close the riverside stand! Then the next 2 years thy will demolish and rebuild! 

Andy S

We will find out soon enough probably when the announce the season tickets on Friday

Robbie

If I were the owners I would not go ahead.
Our average gate next season will be 18k-19k?
We don't need the seats, we don't need the financial liability.
I would prefer we spend money on players !

Thamesbank

we cant't spend the money on players ffp stops that.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Robbie on May 19, 2019, 04:10:20 PM
If I were the owners I would not go ahead.
Our average gate next season will be 18k-19k?
We don't need the seats, we don't need the financial liability.
I would prefer we spend money on players !

Wolves supporters, a few years ago when they were in the lower division and the owners were building a new stand, held up a banner at game that said "F@#k the stand, buy some players". Look where they are now!

hovewhite

Think the club and the shad is not sure on the project,a decision coming this week but crap PR from the club!

sunburywhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 19, 2019, 08:44:39 AM
I was never that keen on the design anyway.
I have now reached  the stage whereupon a row of Flag Polls with the Emblems of the Championship Clubs fluttering in the breeze by the River Thames suddenly seems more appealing. 

And I suppose you want an electric scoreboard that is three sided over the top of the bar at the top of the riverside terrace justlike we had in the sixties lol
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me