News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No start to works on the riverside stand.

Started by fcfulham55, May 19, 2019, 08:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 19, 2019, 04:46:31 PM
Quote from: Robbie on May 19, 2019, 04:10:20 PM
If I were the owners I would not go ahead.
Our average gate next season will be 18k-19k?
We don't need the seats, we don't need the financial liability.
I would prefer we spend money on players !

Wolves supporters, a few years ago when they were in the lower division and the owners were building a new stand, held up a banner at game that said "F@#k the stand, buy some players". Look where they are now!

It wasn't the stand that got them where they are now

The Rational Fan

FFP rules are very generous to owners spending on stadiums, youth and training facilities. I think the FFP Rules allow some lost revenue for the 4,300 seats to be included in the calculations for maximum loss, so we should be able to spend as if we have 24,000 gates. The normal calculation would be expected revenue for Riverside at the time the last calculation was made (i.e. while in premier league) and a very optimistic accountant might assume £70+ per ticket. As i understand, Building Riverside means TK can spend as if Riverside is full every game at maximum sensible ticket prices.

fulhamben

Not sure mentioned or not, but you can no longer do stadium tours, reason given was due to building works
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 19, 2019, 05:06:28 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 19, 2019, 08:44:39 AM
I was never that keen on the design anyway.
I have now reached  the stage whereupon a row of Flag Polls with the Emblems of the Championship Clubs fluttering in the breeze by the River Thames suddenly seems more appealing. 

And I suppose you want an electric scoreboard that is three sided over the top of the bar at the top of the riverside terrace justlike we had in the sixties lol

That's more like it, now your talking.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

...and Sam Leitch or Kenneth Wolstenholme sat with mouth mikes and sheepskin coats at the open commentary position just above the tea bar......

G_Gribby

According to Chris Gilbertson tweet are the contractors at the Cottage now.
"..Looks like we have lift off."

079.gif
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Deeping_white

Unfortunately for all of the conspiracy theorists you've been proven wrong

SG

Where's my hat - I need to eat it. On the main site now.

snarks

Woo Hoo

Also explains the delay on season tickets, couldn't do them until the contract was signed.

Excellent news

<Where's the poking out tongue emoji for all those who said it wouldn't happen>

HamsterWheel

Great news. And Buckingham are a decent contractor so hopefully 2 years is feasible for them to complete.

KeenCottager

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/22/chairman-confirms-riverside-stand-development

Chairman Confirms Riverside Stand Development
Wednesday 22 May 2019 10:29
The Club has today signed an agreement with lead contractor Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd, for the demolition and development of the Riverside Stand, commencing this summer.

The new stand will not only increase the seating capacity at Craven Cottage but also enhance amenities to the ground and locality for supporters, residents and visitors to enjoy.

Designed by architect Populous, the development boasts a transformation of the riverside walkway into a world class leisure destination; a pathway that will allow an uninterrupted walk along the banks of the River Thames between Hammersmith and Putney Bridges and a choice of amenities for visitors to enjoy throughout the year.

Supporters will experience best-in-class offerings, with the stand incorporating contemporary designs and state of the art concourses and hospitality lounges on matchdays. The design of the Riverside Stand is sympathetic to Fulham Football Club's location, the glorious River Thames and the environment.

Importantly, the Riverside development reaffirms Craven Cottage as the home of Fulham Football Club, both for now and future generations.

Throughout the two-year build, there will be ongoing consultation with key stakeholders, and regular updates on the progress of the development will be made available.

Fulham FC Chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am delighted to now be able to formally announce that our work on the Riverside Stand development will begin in earnest this summer.

"I understand today's announcement was many years in the making, but the right thing for all parties was to be deliberate, collaborative and thorough. I thank our supporters for their patience, and am especially grateful to all those who have worked tremendously hard behind the scenes to bring us to this point. The wait will be worth it.

"I would also like to extend my gratitude to Councillor Stephen Cowan, Leader of the London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, who has bent over backwards to make this happen.

"Craven Cottage is a unique and inspiring venue to not only play football, but to visit. As I noted upon becoming Chairman in 2013, it has always been my intention to follow through with the development of the Riverside Stand, and today's news brings that intention to reality.

"Make no mistake, the Riverside development will be a location like no other, a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London. Our aim is to create a world-class destination for fans and guests to experience and enjoy, whilst retaining the charm that Craven Cottage exudes within our very own section of the River Thames. In doing so, we will also safeguard the Club's future at Craven Cottage, forever the rightful home for Fulham."

Everyone associated with Fulham Football Club is very much looking forward to this exciting project. Further details regarding Season Tickets and transition plans for the 2019/20 campaign will be published on fulhamfc.com this afternoon.

Twig

Great news.  Now let's get the ST details out asap.

Southdowns White

Good, I really think we need it despite what some people say, we have been way behind on facilities and missing out on income for too many years. Next on the list must be the Hammersmith end rebuild to give people like me facilities fit for the 21st century. I know we have huge problems with space but the facilities for away supporters are much better at some grounds than our facilities for us home supporters in the Hammersmith end.

HamsterWheel

Hammy End facilities could easily be improved with just some basic common sense:
1) Get someone with a mop and bucket to patrol the loos and mop up the wee
2) Train the hotdog vendors so they don't have 2 people taking the orders and only one (usually the clumsiest) preparing the food
3) Serve the hotdogs in open boxes rather then scrunched up bags that you then have to slide the thing out of to add ketchup! Or at least give the punter the choice
4) Get one of those fancy beer pouring things that fills the glasses from the bottom to speed delivery
5) Paint some hatched yellow boxes to indicate a walking route in the area at the back of the stand so that people don't clog up the whole area
Simples!

mrmicawbers

Quote from: HamsterWheel on May 22, 2019, 10:44:38 AM
Great news. And Buckingham are a decent contractor so hopefully 2 years is feasible for them to complete.
Let's hope the delay in announcements is due to the Penalty clauses in the contract for late delivery.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: HamsterWheel on May 22, 2019, 11:06:22 AM
Hammy End facilities could easily be improved with just some basic common sense:
1) Get someone with a mop and bucket to patrol the loos and mop up the wee
2) Train the hotdog vendors so they don't have 2 people taking the orders and only one (usually the clumsiest) preparing the food
3) Serve the hotdogs in open boxes rather then scrunched up bags that you then have to slide the thing out of to add ketchup! Or at least give the punter the choice
4) Get one of those fancy beer pouring things that fills the glasses from the bottom to speed delivery
5) Paint some hatched yellow boxes to indicate a walking route in the area at the back of the stand so that people don't clog up the whole area
Simples!
just got back from Denmark,wifes Danish.They love their hotdogs over there.They do one at the airport where all the sauces are in the roll itself. Ideal for football grounds and tastes good.

toshes mate

Will be interesting to see the work commencing on building out into the Thames and later this summer a mate and I have pencilled in a tow path walk (on the Barnes side) from Putney Bridge to Hammersmith Bridge and then around the haunts of our childhood and youth in North End Road, West Ken, Baron's Court, Fulham Road, Parson's Green and the Broomhouse Lane areas.   

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Twig

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 22, 2019, 10:59:15 AM
Good, I really think we need it despite what some people say, we have been way behind on facilities and missing out on income for too many years. Next on the list must be the Hammersmith end rebuild to give people like me facilities fit for the 21st century. I know we have huge problems with space but the facilities for away supporters are much better at some grounds than our facilities for us home supporters in the Hammersmith end.

To be fair, my wife and I were Hammy End ST holders for years then moved this season to the JH stand. We are reverting to the Hammy End because it has better facilities than the poor old JH stand.  JH stand suffers from; upright supports that restrict the view, poorer F & B selecton e.g. no real ale outlet, longer queues for F & B and a severe sense of overcrowding. Much as I would like to see the ends of the ground updated, objectively I think the JH stand should be next.

I Ronic

Quote from: Statto on May 19, 2019, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 19, 2019, 04:46:31 PM

Wolves supporters, a few years ago when they were in the lower division and the owners were building a new stand, held up a banner at game that said "F@#k the stand, buy some players". Look where they are now!

It wasn't the stand that got them where they are now

No but the income from it will help sustain their stay in the top flight. I cant think of a successful club  in the upper echelons of any league across Europe hat doesn't have a big stadium