watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jimmy Hill statue at the Ricoh Arena

Started by Sir Alec of good Stock, May 19, 2019, 12:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Alec of good Stock

I was at the Ricoh Arena yesterday and Coventry City and their supporters have paid a wonderful tribute to the great man with a fantastic statue, remembrance plaque and remembrance garden.
Very moving.

HV71

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on May 19, 2019, 12:39:07 PM
I was at the Ricoh Arena yesterday and Coventry City and their supporters have paid a wonderful tribute to the great man with a fantastic statue, remembrance plaque and remembrance garden.
Very moving.

Well deserved for a great man,who not only loved football, but genuinely moved the game on to a different level - few can claim that.

bigalffc

Considering his time at Fulham as a player and Chairman who saved our club passing it into the hands of Al Fayed, We should consider a statue too. A great football and Fulham legend.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Stoneleigh Loyalist

During his time with Fulham he was the referee in a local charity match in which I played in South Park.
A very nice person who mixed with all and genuinely seemed to enjoy the day.

SG

He lived locally and regularly supported our local junior football clubs. Really pleasant chats at these evenings

Russianrob

hovewhite

Yes I met him at hove county cricket as he finished living in Sussex ,he was lovely fella ,and a true legend at our club as at covenry city fc.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I recently watched the Match of The Day episode that was put out on the night of the Hillsborough disaster on youtube with Des Lynham and Jimmy Hill, and was basically a news report of the day.

Des was impeccable in tone and presentation (as always, a Great presenter).

Jimmy was given just a few minutes to speak, but he was absolutely correct in what he said. He passionately said football had to change, and a move towards better stadia, and all seater stadia, etc was key.

Jimmy Hill was a true visionary of the game, and always had been. In this particular moment though, he was a voice of reason, and hope.

Absolute Class Guy.

hovewhite

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 19, 2019, 04:37:29 PM
I recently watched the Match of The Day episode that was put out on the night of the Hillsborough disaster on youtube with Des Lynham and Jimmy Hill, and was basically a news report of the day.

Des was impeccable in tone and presentation (as always, a Great presenter).

Jimmy was given just a few minutes to speak, but he was absolutely correct in what he said. He passionately said football had to change, and a move towards better stadia, and all seater stadia, etc was key.

Jimmy Hill was a true visionary of the game, and always had been. In this particular moment though, he was a voice of reason, and hope.

Absolute Class Guy.
As Coventry city chairman he was the first English all seater ground in the top league,if memory serves only Aberdeen beat Jimmy who went all seater the year before.

Steeeeeeeeeed

There's a nice bit on his time at Fulham as a player here, (alongside Johnny Haynes and Bobby Robson) starting at 04.20 ish. The free kick is pure Jimmy :)

https://youtu.be/NwJHh8f-V4U

:dft003:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bigalffc on May 19, 2019, 01:44:20 PM
Considering his time at Fulham as a player and Chairman who saved our club passing it into the hands of Al Fayed, We should consider a statue too. A great football and Fulham legend.

+1 Jimmy Hill Statue should be included in the me Riverside

Wolf

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 20, 2019, 09:02:15 AM

So that would be three statues of Fulham players from the 1960s and none from other decades. Indicative of this board's demographic.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

filham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 20, 2019, 09:02:15 AM

Lets just get on with the statue, the new stand may never happen.