Main Menu

How long are the players away

Started by Andy S, May 19, 2019, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

So when does pre - season begin?

bobby01

I thought the players have been away most of this season, :hook:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MikeW

July 1st is always the designated day.  Unless we break with tradition Scotty will have the remnants of last season, quite a few malcontents, a few kids who are wondering why they are there and not a sniff of a new signing.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

JoelH5

Didnt the press release say they're only getting a week off?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

I would have thought that they would be starting training by the start of the second week in June by the very latest.
By then they should have commenced recruiting players, if we are going to be organised and prepared.
No excuses from the usual suspects, unlike last season, we have known for weeks where will be next season, no delays due to Wembley play off Final, and no World Cup to hide behind and muddy the waters.
Fulham have approximately two and a half months to get their act together, and they should be burning The midnight oil 24/7 as we speak.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

First friendly last year was first week in July, in Poland. Surely they were back in training 2-3 weeks at least before then?

aaronmcguigan

Premier league is first week in July. Championship and co is usually the week before. The academy is the week before that as far as I can remember

The Rational Fan

A pre-season that ends with winning the first six games of the championship would be good. Fulham FC has to avoid having to play catch-up every season.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 19, 2019, 09:14:15 PM

Fulham have approximately two and a half months to get their act together, and they should be burning The midnight oil 24/7 as we speak.

Agreed!  BUT, will we see it actually happen, or will it be a last minute fire drill again?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on May 20, 2019, 04:09:27 PM

Agreed!  BUT, will we see it actually happen, or will it be a last minute fire drill again?

It's stand by your beds and hope and pray that the club can get preseason firing on all cylinders. I think Scott Parker will be bursting at the seems as he will want to prove he is the man for the job, and I wish him well.
I actually feel confident in him, that's my instinct.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 20, 2019, 07:29:47 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on May 20, 2019, 04:09:27 PM

It's stand by your beds and hope and pray that the club can get preseason firing on all cylinders. I think Scott Parker will be bursting at the seems as he will want to prove he is the man for the job, and I wish him well.
I actually feel confident in him, that's my instinct.

Hope?  "Hope is a dangerous thing.  It can drive a man insane."  (Haha..Shawshank Redemption)

Kidding aside, yes, we hope for the best here and that FFC can start the season with a well trained squad and without the last days recruitment of needed help.