watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player departures

Started by nikhil24, May 20, 2019, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikhil24

Not too bothered by the departures due to end of contract. Would have been nice to keep some of the loan players but I am not surprised that they wanted to leave and I have nothing against it.

The Club can confirm that the following players will leave Fulham this summer following the expiry of their contracts:

Ryan Babel
Lazar Marković
Elijah Adebayo
Robert Atkinson
Aron Davies
Jose Garrido
Christopher Kelly
Scott Armsworth
Showkat Tahir
Furthermore, the players who were on loan during the 2018/19 season will return to their parent clubs, namely Calum Chambers, Sergio Rico, André Schürrle, Håvard Nordtveit, Luciano Vietto, and Timothy Fosu-Mensah.

We would like to thank each and every player for their efforts during their time at Fulham, and wish them the best of luck in their careers.

The following players have had options activated in their contracts which keeps them at the Club until the summer of 2020: Floyd Ayité, Stefan Johansen, Neeskens Kebano, Denis Odoi, Magnus Norman, Mattias Kait, Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson and Jerome Opoku.

The Club has offered contracts to Taye Ashby-Hammond, Tyrese Francois, Jayden Harris, Moritz Jenz, Nicolas Santos Clase and Ryan De Havilland.

Sting of the North

I agree. However, this doesn't mean that the club hasn't or won't try to keep some of them. It means that the loans expire and therefore they return to their parent clubs. This is not Fulham letting them go (except maybe Schürrle, depending on the terms of his two year loan, but more likely in my opinion it ends early in case of relegation). There could of course have been cases of pre-agreed transfer options at the end of the loan, and in such a case it may be that Fulham have actually let some of them go be virtue of not taking up the option. Not too many reports on that though.

I guess my point is that as far as the loan players go, this communication means almost nothing.

nikhil24

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 20, 2019, 10:15:51 AM
I agree. However, this doesn't mean that the club hasn't or won't try to keep some of them. It means that the loans expire and therefore they return to their parent clubs. This is not Fulham letting them go (except maybe Schürrle, depending on the terms of his two year loan, but more likely in my opinion it ends early in case of relegation). There could of course have been cases of pre-agreed transfer options at the end of the loan, and in such a case it may be that Fulham have actually let some of them go be virtue of not taking up the option. Not too many reports on that though.

I guess my point is that as far as the loan players go, this communication means almost nothing.

The club will try and bring some of them back for the new season. However, this is going to be a problem as I believe that they will not want to come back. We obviously know that the bigger players such as Babel and Chambers will not be returning. Players like Vietto who had limited gametime in the Prem know that there is more of a chance of being played, however I can't see anyone willing to return after that disastrous season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: nikhil24 on May 20, 2019, 10:26:18 AM

The club will try and bring some of them back for the new season. However, this is going to be a problem as I believe that they will not  want to come back. We obviously know that the bigger players such as Babel and Chambers will not be returning. Players like Vietto who had limited gametime in the Prem know that there is more of a chance of being played, however I can't see anyone willing to return after that disastrous season.

I agree with this. The few we may want to keep are unlikely to be interested and/or we cannot afford. The ones that may be possible to keep are likely not wanted by the club.