more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what will you do?...

Started by WhiteJC, May 17, 2019, 05:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Quote from: Carborundum on May 17, 2019, 07:01:10 PM
Surrey Youth League post season friendlies, award ceremonies, club barbecue,  perhaps some five six and seven a side tournaments, pre season fitness and training sessions, impromptu power league training, pre season friendlies.  New season.

In the words of the song "like a whirlpool, it never ends"

My son's team are in the SYL and they carry on training through the summer. At least it will keep him active!

Andy S

Whatever there is much more to my life than Football. But I won't be wishing my life away it's gone far too quickly already

RaySmith

I do have a sense of loss, despite the depressing nature of most of the season, and the effect losing most weeks had on my weekends.
I tried to keep my hopes up, when most had given up, but that defeat at West ham, coming soon after the one at Burnley, both of  which I attended, and both of which we took an early lead, knocked the stuffing out of me pretty well.

I'm already missing Fulham games, though. I try to focus on my own sporting endeavours as a substitute. I've just done the 123k Tour de Yorkshire  Cycle Sportive, and am now training for the World Championship 100k Sportive in September.

I miss going out for a bike ride or run, and looking forward to coming home and listening/watching a Fulham game, and looking forward to actually going to some games, though.
Am I mad that I miss what's been a terrible, depressing car crash of a season? not the only one I've experienced as a Fulham fan.

Burt

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 17, 2019, 05:56:05 PM
Commence enjoying them again.

This...

Amazing how a bad result (and there's been plenty of them this season) wipes out the weekend...

Fulhamfan666

David Allen Crankshaw

Plenty of cricket and tennis to watch.

The Enclosurite

Apparently I will be continuously pressing F5 on my computer waiting for season ticket renewal information.
¡COYW!

Maidstone Lee

A well earned holiday and the pub on the weekends.

Might take in a bit of Cricket here and there as well.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on May 19, 2019, 02:10:02 PM
Whatever there is much more to my life than Football. But I won't be wishing my life away it's gone far too quickly already

You have hit the nail on the head there.
There is far more to life than football, even more so these days. Obviously some people may not think so, but they haven't really lived.
I can handle the next couple months or so, it will be back soon enough, I think it's best to let it go for a while, as you raise your hopes only to have them dashed. I have not got the same enthusiasm as I used to, the damage TK has done has seen to that, so I do not take Fulham as seriously as I used to, and until he is dispensed with, I cannot see much changing for the better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.