watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Fulham United

Started by bog, May 21, 2019, 01:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I am probably behind one and all here but I notice there is a Fulham United that play in the South Australia State League. I did not know this and also that there is place called Fulham in South Australia. Formed in 1970 they also play in the legendary black and white. Bit of a way to go though for a reserve game....and then it gets called off.  049:gif

092.gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: bog on May 21, 2019, 01:33:24 PM
I am probably behind one and all here but I notice there is a Fulham United that play in the South Australia State League. I did not know this and also that there is place called Fulham in South Australia. Formed in 1970 they also play in the legendary black and white. Bit of a way to go though for a reserve game....and then it gets called off.  049:gif

092.gif

You'd have to go and lie on the beach all expenses paid.
What a bummer
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

bog

It would be Roger, sand burning me feet, have to ride the wild surf, a beer as I sink into sunburning slumber...no thanks.... :022:

092.gif

Russianrob

An interesting thought.Chelscum are actually based in Fulham.They might easily have decided to call themselves Fulham United.Whatever, they will always be a lesser team than the true Fulham.Come on you Whites!

OldBrownShoe

094.gif In any case Bog, you would miss Dreamland too much!

Well Rotherham play at the New York Stadium!

And just think our Club was, once upon a time (early last century), offered Stamford Bridge as a site for Fulham and only after it was declined was Chelsea formed.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

bog

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on May 21, 2019, 06:16:02 PM
094.gif In any case Bog, you would miss Dreamland too much!

Well Rotherham play at the New York Stadium!

And just think our Club was, once upon a time (early last century), offered Stamford Bridge as a site for Fulham and only after it was declined was Chelsea formed.

Hello OBS, Yes and they got into the league straight away!!

kiwian

Fulham is a seaside suburb of Adelaide. Went there in 79 but no sign of a cottage.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

bog

Quote from: kiwian on May 21, 2019, 11:26:35 PM
Fulham is a seaside suburb of Adelaide. Went there in 79 but no sign of a cottage.

No big metal Bovril signs about?

FFChris

Several of my friends have been and played cricket for Fulham in Adelaide.  We had a pro who played there in their summer and with us in our summer.  He took a few of the younger talented lads back with him and they were quite successful!