more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (22/05/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 22, 2019, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: West Ham United worried they're not winning Aleksandar Mitrovic race

West Ham United are said to be keen to buy Aleksandar Mitrovic from Fulham.

West Ham United are pessimistic about their chances of signing Aleksandar Mitrovic, according to a report in the Daily Star.

West Ham United are said to be keen on signing Mitrovic, who is available for around £30 million this summer, according to The Daily Express.

However, West Ham reportedly feel that they are failing to win the race to sign Mitrovic.

The powerful forward has plenty of interest in him, and the Hammers believe that he could be heading elsewhere.

West Ham have not given up hope of signing Mitrovic, but they are now drawing up contingency plans.

Manuel Pellegrini's side are keen to bring in a new striker this summer, as they look to upgrade their attacking ranks for next season.

West Ham are set for a mini clear-out in the upcoming transfer window, as Pellegrini reshapes his squad for next term.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/21/report-west-ham-united-worried-theyre-not-winning-aleksandar-mit/

WhiteJC

Fulham join race to sign 28-goal Middlesbrough forward

Recently relegated side Fulham will be competing in the Championship next season, and are looking to bolster their attacking options.

According to Pete O'Rourke of Football Insider, Fulham have joined the race for Middlesbrough striker Britt Assombalonga, who they view as an ideal replacement for Aleksander Mitrovic – if the Serbian is to depart this summer.

The Boro forward has finished the last two seasons as the club's top scorer, and has been generating interest from clubs in both the Championship and the Premier League. Nottingham Forest, Swansea City and Crystal Palace have all previously shown they are keen on the DR Congo international, but no bids have come in for the forward as of yet.

The report suggests Fulham wouldn't have a problem paying the asking price for Assombalonga, and would also be able to afford his wages. His current market value according to Transfermarkt is £9 million, which is less than Middlesbrough paid Nottingham Forest for him in 2017, forking out £15 million for his services.

Sheffield United are also looking to step up their interest in the 26-year old, with Chris Wilder hoping to sign two strikers this transfer window. The Northern Echo reports that Assombalonga is one of their top targets, along with Brentford forward Neal Maupay.

With loanee Jordan Hugill returning to his parent club of West Ham United, and Assombalonga expected to leave, Middlesbrough will be looking to recruit in forward areas with Rudy Gestede and Ashley Fletcher the only other recognised strikers currently at The Riverside.

https://the72.co.uk/131733/fulham-join-race-to-sign-28-goal-middlesbrough-forward/

WhiteJC

André's Assessment

This wasn't the way 2018/19 was supposed to go for André Schürrle.

Signed from German giants Borussia Dortmund in July, he arrived to much fanfare in SW6, with the capture of the World Cup winner a signal of intent as Fulham looked to launch an assault on the Premier League.

On a personal note, the stats were good for Schürrle; six goals in 18 starts by mid-January, not too shabby in a side battling relegation. But then, out of nowhere, the forward was hit by a virus that wiped him out for the best part of a month, effectively ending his season.

"Until then I was feeling really good and that I could make a bit of a difference, help the team, and that maybe we could turn it around," Schürrle explained. "But then my health issues needed some attention and I had to go back to Germany to check a few things, and I didn't manage to help the team after that.

"At the end of the day it's your health and you want to see that everything is okay. When you're at a club that is fighting relegation all you want to do is help as much as you can, but I had to leave the team for three or four weeks, and then come back and see how it is, which was very difficult.

"It was a tough moment for me because the reason why I came here was to help the club, help the fans and the team, but after this I wasn't able to get back to my normal stage and couldn't help anymore.

"I saw all the games [while sidelined] and you always feel that you could do something, you can help, but at the same time you know your health isn't close to being good enough to compete in the Premier League. It was a difficult time."

The beginning of the campaign actually began in fairly optimistic fashion for the Whites. Performances were good – even if points were lacking – in our openers against Palace and Spurs, before a first win arrived in style when Burnley were put to the sword.

Schürrle opened his account in the victory, and doubled his tally six days later in Brighton. However, that trip to the Amex proved to be an undesirable turning point as we squandered a two-goal lead to draw.

"When you look back, obviously for us it was a moment that was very unfortunate," Schürrle recalled. "I think in the game we were really good, we countered well, we were 2-0 up. And then it was 2-2 with very unfortunate goals. After that we lost seven out of the next eight games in a row.

"Maybe it was a point where the confidence went a little bit, and after two or three losses we were really insecure, we didn't play to our best qualities. When you look at our team, our individual qualities are not that of a relegation team."

Originally scheduled to stay for two years, Schürrle now heads back to his parent club following Fulham's relegation. Rewind 10 months, though, and that wasn't something he ever thought likely, as he planned to spend the immediate future in London with his young family.

"Obviously my thoughts weren't close to that when I signed because I thought we were going to be comfortable and have an enjoyable season. But football is like this," he mused.

"It is difficult for the family because you sign for two seasons and you want to stay, you want to be comfortable, relax and have everything in place. And now you have to go back again. It's not easy and not what I expected or wanted but, like I said, football is sometimes unexpected.

"I think I showed my qualities and the way I can play. Until January I felt very good on the pitch. I had my positions, I knew where to go, and I felt like I could score at any time. But for me it was a difficult season because I wanted to play all the games, get a lot of minutes, to come and be strong and obviously help the team to stay up or have a decent campaign.

"For me, as well as the team, it was not the best season. In the end we did not play close to the quality that I have, that the team has. I leave here with a lot of frustration and a lot of unfinished business."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/21/andre-schurrle-season-assessment

WhiteJC

I wish I could stay at Fulham, says departing Schurrle

Relegation from the Premier League means the Germany international will not return for the second year of his loan from Borussia Dortmund

Fulham's Germany international Andre Schurrle is disappointed at the upheaval to come this summer, as relegation cuts short his second spell in the Premier League.

Schurrle signed on a two-season loan from Bundesliga runners-up Borussia Dortmund last summer, one of a number of high-profile signings which raised expectations at Craven Cottage.

But following Fulham's disastrous campaign, Schurrle will not return for a spell in the Championship – something which will affect his personal, as well as professional, life.

"It is difficult for the family because you sign for two seasons and you want to stay, you want to be comfortable, relax and have everything in place," he told Fulham's official website.

"And now you have to go back again. It's not easy and not what I expected or wanted but, like I said, football is sometimes unexpected.

"I think I showed my qualities and the way I can play. Until January I felt very good on the pitch. I had my positions, I knew where to go, and I felt like I could score at any time.

"But for me it was a difficult season because I wanted to play all the games, get a lot of minutes, to come and be strong and obviously help the team to stay up or have a decent campaign.

"For me, as well as the team, it was not the best season. In the end we did not play close to the quality that I have, that the team has. I leave here with a lot of frustration and a lot of unfinished business."

Schurrle, a former Premier League and World Cup champion, finished the season with six goals in 24 league appearances for Fulham, but the end of his campaign was curtailed as he struggled for fitness after a virus.

After initially missing the trip to West Ham in mid-February, Schurrle played just 29 more minutes as the Cottagers were relegated after nine defeats in their final 12 fixtures.

"Until then I was feeling really good and that I could make a bit of a difference, help the team, and that maybe we could turn it around," Schurrle said.

"It was a tough moment for me because the reason why I came here was to help the club, help the fans and the team, but after this I wasn't able to get back to my normal stage and couldn't help anymore.

"I saw all the games [while sidelined] and you always feel that you could do something, you can help, but at the same time you know your health isn't close to being good enough to compete in the Premier League. It was a difficult time."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-wish-i-could-stay-at-fulham-says-departing-schurrle/d3a4514i74i21i7t28nkmhwjy

WhiteJC

Retro deal When Tottenham sealed transfer of Fulham youngster Alan Mullery – will Ryan Sessegnon become a legend like former captain?

The 19-year-old is wanted by Spurs and here, talkSPORT.com looks at one transfer between the clubs in 1964 that was hugely successful and saw plenty of silverware at White Hart Lane

A host of clubs are keen on Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon, including Tottenham. Here, talkSPORT.com looks at one transfer between the London clubs in 1964 that can definitely be considered a great success.

Having joined Fulham at 15 in 1956, Alan Mullery signed pro forms with the west London side on his 17th birthday and by 23 he was a Tottenham player.

Joining in the 1960s, a glamour decade for Spurs that saw them win the league and cup double and the Cup Winners Cup among others, the tough tackling midfielder found his new surroundings superior in every aspect.

"At Fulham, when you turned up, especially if you were a few minutes late, you couldn't get the right shirt, shorts or top," he explained to the club's official website. "When I got to Tottenham, this was all laid out for us with initials on! The tracksuit had the same initials. I had brand new pumps, they knew what size of boot I took, 7½, and it was just a different place completely.

"The first day I was there, we played squash and I had a new racket, with my name on it! IÂ’d never played squash in my life!

"Everything about the place was class. You drove in and saw decent cars in the car park. It just hit you that you were involved with history and success and that had to be continued."

This was 1964 and manager Bill Nicholson was rebuilding his ageing squad and, along with Mullery, who Spurs paid £72,500 for, Pat Jennings, Alan Gilzean and Cyril Knowles were brought in, too.

"I always say, I didn't want to go to Arsenal, I didn't want to go to Chelsea, I wanted to go to the place where they were playing the type of football you could watch on television and drool over," he said. "That was Spurs, and that was White Hart Lane."

There were people who doubted he could make the grade, though, and for a while it looked like they were right.

The problem was that he was there to replace captain fantastic Danny Blanchflower, the man who led the club to the double in 1961 and the crowd were having none of it.

"[Blanchflower] could thrill them with his precise passes. My big points were hard tackles and lots of energy," Spurs' half man/ half tank told Hunter Davies, author of 'The Glory Game'.

"We were poles apart," he added. Mullery wanted out after six months, but soon enough everything started to click.

Taking a throw-in during one game, he heard a fan shout 'come on the tank' and that was it. He wasn't being compared to Blanchflower anymore. Whether it was meant as a compliment or not, he now had his own identity and there was an acceptance from supporters.

His all action displays and tank-like qualities made him extremely popular. In all, Mullery spent eight and a half years as a Tottenham player, appearing 372 times. It was here he became an England player, here where he became an England captain and here where he won the FA Cup, the League Cup and UEFA Cup.

And that European triumph in 1972 signalled the end of his time in Spurs' white. The fearless captain's last action was to lift the trophy where he was hoisted aloft by joyful fans on the pitch after Spurs beat Wolves at White Hart Lane in the first ever UEFA Cup final.

https://talksport.com/football/546313/tottenham-transfer-fulham-alan-mullery-ryan-sessegnon/

WhiteJC

Fulham Transfers: Deciding Which Players to Keep & Sell This Summer

Fulham's 2018/19 season in the Premier League was, woeful, to say the least. They finished 19th, eight points adrift of 18th placed Cardiff; and after spending around £100m in the summer transfer window, you begin to wonder, where did all that money go?

Fulham seemed to favour signing a vast quantity of players, as opposed to the more conventional route of going for quality. With big money signings of Jean-Michael Seri, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Aleksandar Mitrovic all failing to live up to their potential, Fulham seem to be desperately in need of a summer clear out.

The Cottagers had their fare share of managerial troubles during this campaign, with three managers taking charge this season. But bizarre transfers combined with terrible tactics ultimately amalgamated into a season many fans will want to forget.

Now that Fulham have fallen back into the Championship, they need to get a number of highly paid players off their wage bill if they are to stop themselves from free-falling down the leagues. Newly appointed Scott Parker will have a monumental job on his hands steadying this ship, but with the right signings he should be able to do so.

Here, we rundown every first-team player and decide whether or not they deserve to be a part of Scott's plans next season.

Goalkeepers
Marcus Bettinelli - KEEP - It was a shame that Bettinelli wasn't given the opportunities he deserved after their promotion from the ​Championship. He'll want to play for the club, unlike others, and is a reliable figure between the sticks.

Fabri - SELL - This signing was a weird one, made on a whim due to a decision from a goalkeeping coach, and evidently it hasn't paid off. He made just five appearances and wasn't that much better than Bettinelli, but takes up a lot more of the wage budget, so sell him.

Sergio Rico - LOAN EXPIRED - Even though Rico was one of Fulham's standout players this season, he was only at Craven Cottage on loan and it's doubtful he will want to return to play in the Championship.

Full Backs
Timothy Fosu-Mensah - LOAN EXPIRED - Fosu-Mensah did not impress since leaving ​Mancester United on another loan deal, as he lacked the attacking threat his predecessor, Ryan Fredericks, possessed, and Fulham should be happy to see the back of him.

Cyrus Christie - KEEP - Christie may not have been a standout player for Fulham this season, but he will be a solid defensive option for their next run in the Championship.

Joe Bryan - KEEP - Bryan missed large parts of the season due to injury, but in the games he did play, he was a solid wing back. Given more first-team opportunities in the Championship the £6m man should develop into a solid player for the Cottagers.

Centre Backs
Alfie Mawson - SELL - Since signing for Fulham for around £15m in the summer transfer window, Mawson was believed to be a bargain. Yet after a stellar season for ​Swansea, he's hardly featured in the Premier League, mainly due to a knee injury which cut short his pre-season. Many Premier League clubs will be looking to sign Mawson cheaply, and Fulham should let him go.

Calum Chambers - LOAN EXPIRED - In a similar vein to Rico, Chambers started performing for Fulham all too late, and this inevitably doomed them. Unfortunately Fulham will have no chance of securing Chambers' services in the Championship, unless ​Arsenal offer to pay some of his wages.

Denis Odoi - KEEP - Odoi has played consistently throughout this season, but at times hasn't kept up the pace that the Premier League requires, the jump up to top flight football looked too big for him, but in the Championship he'll shine.

Maxime Le Marchand - KEEP - Le Marchand was employed at left back and centre back in an attempt to solve Fulham's defensive frailties, and it didn't work. He was a lot more impressive at centre back and given another season, he should start performing consistently.

Tim Ream - KEEP - This Fulham legend has been with the club since 2015, making well over 100 appearances for the club. At 31 years of age he is a reliable leader in the backline and should be utilised more than he was this season.

Central Midfielders
Jean-Michael Seri - SELL - Sell, sell, sell. A truly bizarre signing that chose Fulham over Barcelona, who has only shown his world-class ability a scant number of times this season. He obviously doesn't want to play for the club and whenever faced with hardship, he's seemingly given up. With Monaco sniffing around for his signature, Fulham should bite their hand off for the opportunity to recoup some of their losses.

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa - SELL - Sadly Zambo Anguissa didn't have the best start to his Premier League career. At only 23 years of age he was thrust into a new culture, with a new language and made to play in a new position, he was doomed from the get-go. Fulham should sell him to open up funds to sign more Championship level players.

Havard Nordtveit - LOAN EXPIRED - Another one of Fulham's many loan signings that didn't work, simply put, they can't afford him and they don't need him.

Tom Cairney - KEEP - Having recently signed a contract keeping him at Craven Cottage until 2024, captain Cairney doesn't show any signs of jumping ship. He was pivotal in the Championship and should prove to be again next season.

Kevin McDonald - KEEP - Like many of the other players instrumental in Fulham's promotion, McDonald was left on the sidelines this season. Fulham have learnt from their mistakes and should turn to him to act as the anchor in their midfield once more.

Neeskens Kebano - KEEP - Kebano hardly featured this season, only making seven Premier League appearances, but he is a reliable player and will be needed if Fulham wish to gain promotion next season.

Attacking Midfielders & Wingers
Ryan Sessegnon - SELL - Even though Fulham should, and will want to, keep 19-year-old Sessegnon, it will be a hard fought task. With Manchester United reportedly interested, Fulham may be able to get an incredibly high fee for him, which could in-turn give them the funds to get promotion next season.

Ryan Babel - OUT OF CONTRACT - Babel has been fantastic since signing for Fulham, contributing to nine goals in 15 appearances. But he was only at Fulham on a short-term deal signed by Claudio Ranieri, and he has reportedly already signed a contract with Galatasaray, so sadly his Premier League return is over.

Lazar Markovic - OUT OF CONTRACT - Another Ranieri signing in the form of journeyman Lazar Markovic; his contract is up and is set to be let go by Fulham. Hopefully he can find his feet somewhere else and finally reach his potential.

Floyd Ayite - KEEP - He began to show promise towards the end of the season, and will be a valuable asset in the Championship. Fulham would be naive to sell him.

Andre Schurrle - SELL - The on-loan Borussia Dortmund star has been one of the biggest flops of the Premier League season, but thanks to a clause in his contract, Fulham can send him back to Dortmund instead of keeping him on loan for another year. They should jump at this opportunity to free up some well needed wages.

Forwards
Aleksandar Mitrovic - SELL - One of Fulham's best performers this season, scoring 11 goals in 37 appearances. Many mid-table Premier League clubs are very interested in him, including ​West Ham and ​Everton, so it will be hard to keep hold of a player of his quality.

Luciano Vietto - ALEADY LEFT - Again one of the many loan signings that Fulham made in order to strengthen an incredibly weak squad before the Premier League campaign began, and another signing that didn't work. He has no intention of returning as has already signed a permanent deal with Sporting CP.

Aboubakar Kamara - RELEASE - After being caught up in an incredibly bizarre fight with fellow strike partner Mitrovic, and consequently with manager Ranieri, Kamara's Fulham career is finished. Once back from loan he must be let go of, in any way they can.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6373193-fulham-transfers-deciding-which-players-to-keep-sell-this-summer?utm_source=RSS

WhiteJC

Premier League Primary Stars

Fulham Football Club Foundation will be represented by St. Michael's Catholic Primary and St. John's Walham Green Primary in the respective Under-11 mixed and Under-11 girls' events at this year's Premier League Primary Stars Football Tournament, being held at Wolverhampton Wanderers' Molineux Stadium on Tuesday 21 May.

The event is one of the competition elements of the Premier League Primary Stars education programme. Primary school children representing all 20 Premier League clubs will take part in a group-stage competition, before knockout matches commence to determine the winners. Chelsea and Everton are the current title holders having won the Under-11 mixed and Under-11 girls' tournaments respectively last season.

Participating teams have already won local club heats, earning themselves the chance to play on the pitch at Molineux and in the playing kit of their Premier League side. The tournament will give those taking part the opportunity to experience the life of a Premier League footballer for the day and compete under the watchful eye of Premier League match officials.

Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to learn, be active and develop important life skills. Available to primary schools across England and Wales, the programme supports girls and boys aged 5-11 in the classroom, the playground and on the sports field.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/21/premier-league-primary-stars

WhiteJC

End of Season Sale

Take advantage of our End of Season Sale, with up to 70% off selected items!

With further reductions on Replica Kits, adidas Training Wear and Fulham Fashion, now is the perfect time for Whites fans to grab a bargain!

In addition, why not take advantage of free printing and personalise your replica shirt with any name or number when you purchase any 2018/19 Home, Away or Goalkeeper Shirt online.

Supporters can shop the sale online anytime or instore at Craven Cottage - open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm - now.

Fans are advised of opening hours over the Bank Holiday weekend as follows:

Saturday 25th May 9am-5pm
    Sunday 26th May 11am-4pm
    Monday 27th May 11am-4pm

Fans can also shop for Fulham FC merchandise on our official eBay store here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/21/end-of-season-sale

WhiteJC

Dwight Gayle next club odds: How Fulham and Leeds United are priced

The Newcastle United striker could be shipped out once again next season

West Brom have confirmed that Dwight Gayle will not be returning to The Hawthorns next season.

Albion's top scorer for the recently ended campaign has headed back to parent club Newcastle United following the Baggies' play-off exit at the semi-final stage.

Despite hopes that Albion might be able to strike a deal to bring Championship hotshot Gayle back to B71 ahead of their second season back in the second tier, sporting director Luke Dowling has confirmed that the club is not in a position financially to extend his stay.

It's a development that has only added to the uncertainty involving the two clubs, who also have to resolve the situation regarding Salomon Rondon.

With Rafael Benitez holding talks with the Magpies' hierarchy, including owner Mike Ashley, ahead of the expiry of his own contract this summer, there's a state of limbo on Tyneside.

What does the new season hold for Gayle, then?

The 28-year-old has two years remaining on his current deal on Tyneside, but it remains to be seen whether Benitez - or indeed his successor - has plans to utilise him in the Premier League.

With Albion out of the running, their Championship rivals are likely to take a big interest in a player who is likely at the peak of his powers; in his last two campaigns in the Championship (75 matches) Gayle has netted an astonishing 47 goals.

Leeds United have been urged to make a move for Gayle, who would provide the Whites with the firepower that they lacked as they too fell in the play-offs this term.

Newly relegated Fulham have also been tipped to look at a deal; the Cottagers have been interested in Gayle previously and will be likely in the market for a forward if as expected Aleksandar Mitrovic departs.

The very latest odds on the club Gayle will end up at still includes the Baggies.

DWIGHT GAYLE NEXT CLUB ODDS (Sky Bet)

Fulham 3/1

Brighton 5/1

Leeds United 5/1

Norwich 6/1

West Brom 6/1

Sheffield United 8/1

Derby County 10/1

Nottingham Forest 10/1

Southampton 12/1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gayle-leeds-united-newcastle-transfer-16310804