News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside to go ahead and Season Ticket info released this afternoon!!!

Started by Maidstone Lee, May 22, 2019, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Chairman Confirms Riverside Stand Development

The Club has today signed an agreement with lead contractor Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd, for the demolition and development of the Riverside Stand, commencing this summer.

The new stand will not only increase the seating capacity at Craven Cottage but also enhance amenities to the ground and locality for supporters, residents and visitors to enjoy.

Designed by architect Populous, the development boasts a transformation of the riverside walkway into a world class leisure destination; a pathway that will allow an uninterrupted walk along the banks of the River Thames between Hammersmith and Putney Bridges and a choice of amenities for visitors to enjoy throughout the year.

Supporters will experience best-in-class offerings, with the stand incorporating contemporary designs and state of the art concourses and hospitality lounges on matchdays. The design of the Riverside Stand is sympathetic to Fulham Football Club's location, the glorious River Thames and the environment.

Importantly, the Riverside development reaffirms Craven Cottage as the home of Fulham Football Club, both for now and future generations.

Throughout the two-year build, there will be ongoing consultation with key stakeholders, and regular updates on the progress of the development will be made available.

Fulham FC Chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am delighted to now be able to formally announce that our work on the Riverside Stand development will begin in earnest this summer.

"I understand today's announcement was many years in the making, but the right thing for all parties was to be deliberate, collaborative and thorough. I thank our supporters for their patience, and am especially grateful to all those who have worked tremendously hard behind the scenes to bring us to this point. The wait will be worth it.

"I would also like to extend my gratitude to Councillor Stephen Cowan, Leader of the London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, who has bent over backwards to make this happen.

"Craven Cottage is a unique and inspiring venue to not only play football, but to visit. As I noted upon becoming Chairman in 2013, it has always been my intention to follow through with the development of the Riverside Stand, and today's news brings that intention to reality.

"Make no mistake, the Riverside development will be a location like no other, a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London. Our aim is to create a world-class destination for fans and guests to experience and enjoy, whilst retaining the charm that Craven Cottage exudes within our very own section of the River Thames. In doing so, we will also safeguard the Club's future at Craven Cottage, forever the rightful home for Fulham."

Everyone associated with Fulham Football Club is very much looking forward to this exciting project. Further details regarding Season Tickets and transition plans for the 2019/20 campaign will be published on fulhamfc.com this afternoon.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/22/chairman-confirms-riverside-stand-development
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

brightster

At last great news, I knew it would go ahead, been saying for weeks it's because of the contractors and the plans for the work schedule, hopefully now that should keep the conspiracy theories at bay for a while.
SK is really putting his money where his mouth. This is great for the future of our fantastic club! COYW

Andy S

Doubters you were wrong. Interesting to see the next development this afternoon....

N_O_W_S

I think the delay would have been in the project planning and confirming an outline programme for the project.

Its a complicated thing and no contractor is going to commit to a programme that they cannot hope to meet due to the LADs involved (which i imagine are colossal!).

JoelH5

Quote from: Ols_S on May 22, 2019, 11:40:37 AM
I think the delay would have been in the project planning and confirming an outline programme for the project.

Its a complicated thing and no contractor is going to commit to a programme that they cannot hope to meet due to the LADs involved (which i imagine are colossal!).

As i've said previously, I know someone who works there. It was all agreed over 6 months ago. The club have held back the announcement. Not sure why.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

N_O_W_S

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 22, 2019, 11:44:36 AM

As i've said previously, I know someone who works there. It was all agreed over 6 months ago. The club have held back the announcement. Not sure why.

Sorry Joel, missed your comment. In that case, very strange! At least there is the commitment there publicly for all to see.

JoelH5

Quote from: Ols_S on May 22, 2019, 11:47:40 AM

Sorry Joel, missed your comment. In that case, very strange! At least there is the commitment there publicly for all to see.

No, don't be sorry! It wasn't meant as a slight against you or anything. I just quoted the last comment. I also know a rough price for the contract but dont want to get my mate in trouble haha. I'll give a hint.... World cup, Italia...

Burt

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 22, 2019, 11:52:33 AM
Quote from: Ols_S on May 22, 2019, 11:47:40 AM

No, don't be sorry! It wasn't meant as a slight against you or anything. I just quoted the last comment. I also know a rough price for the contract but dont want to get my mate in trouble haha. I'll give a hint.... World cup, Italia...

£1,990? Bargain  :dft011:

ALG01

It is clearly a very ambitious plan and will be impressive.
Whether it secures our future none of us know..we heard all that when Eric Miller funded the current riverside stand and we went backwards from that moment on.
There are plenty of clubs languishing in very impressive new stadiums with  other 'revenue streams' in lower leagues and facing extinction (e.g. Bolton).
what will secure our future is getting the teamon the pitch right first and that must always be the priority.

David I

Fair play to the club for going ahead with the build... With the continued delays and expecting 15 or 16 k crowds in the fizzy pop I thought it may have been parked.
👍🏻

Mince n Tatties

Its true,Khan and Son just been seen walking through
Bishops Park with Donkey Jackets on,and carrying a spade each over their shoulders.  :yay:

Nero

Sounds like Stephen Cowan may have free holidays to Florida for the rest of his life

mrmicawbers

My only concern about the Stand being built was that it would mean we have continuity of playing at Craven Cottage.Craven Cottage is Fulham.Very happy.

mrmicawbers

fulhamben

Absolutely fantastic news. I've always said I don't care what division we play in as long as it's at the cottage. This will go a long way to guaranteeing that my children and their children always have our spiritual home to watch us in. Thank you mr Khan
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ex-Pat

Didn't see a start date, we've had a few of these announcements.

JoelH5

Quote from: ex-Pat on May 22, 2019, 02:28:02 PM
Didn't see a start date, we've had a few of these announcements.

Apparently there are workmen there today

Ronnief