watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referees, linos

Started by OldBrownShoe, May 22, 2019, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldBrownShoe

Owing to mobility issues, I have been unable to travel to and attend matches but am watching tons of games on TV. I wonder if you have any views on the standard of match officiating? To me some of the match officials seem shockingly poor and inept and do you inwardly or otherwise groan or curse when you discover certain of their number have been selected for a match you are about to watch?

On the other hand who are your favourite or most reasonable refs?

063.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Twig

One thing I do know is that however good or poor we think the officials have been in the Prem, standards will drop in the Championship next season.

bobby01

Although I do think a lot of referees seem to think they are more important than the game, in one area I do have significant sympathy with them.

I think that with all the money in football nowadays we should have  a referee in each half.

My reasoning behind this is for example a team is on the attack in an opposition penalty area and are dispossessed, the ball is then fed to a Ryan Fredericks type player who storms off down the wing. No referee in the world would be capable of keeping up with play.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.