https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Transition Plans Confirmed

Started by Allestree andy, May 22, 2019, 03:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Riverside Transition Plans Confirmed
Wednesday 22 May 2019 15:00

Following this morning's news regarding plans for the Riverside development at Craven Cottage, the Club can now provide further details on the transition process for Season Ticket Holders, ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.

The development works at Craven Cottage will commence this summer, and to enable the Club to continue playing its matches at Craven Cottage whilst work on the Riverside Stand is in progress, the ground's capacity will reduce to around 19,000, with the Hammersmith End, Putney End and Johnny Haynes Stand accommodating all supporters for both the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons.

The complex process of relocating supporters will involve moving all Season Ticket Holders from the Riverside Stand to pre-allocated seats which are currently available in the Putney End and the Hammersmith End. To ensure that rows of seats are kept together as practicably as possible, and that every Season Ticket Holder is offered a seat for next season, those currently located in the lower sections of all blocks in the Riverside Stand will be relocated, principally, to the front sections of the Hammersmith End and, where seats are available, to other areas of this stand.  Those in the remaining, upper, areas of the Riverside Stand will be offered a season ticket in Blocks P1, P2, P3 or P4 in the Putney End.

In addition, the construction process will affect blocks in the Hammersmith End located closest to the Riverside Stand: Block H8 and a small section of H7 will need to be vacated. Therefore, supporters located within these areas will also be provided with details of relocation within the Hammersmith End.

Substantial improvements in addition to the Riverside Stand development will take place in other areas of the ground, including accessibility works to create an improved experience for supporters, meeting necessary statutory standards, as we strive to continue to ensure that Craven Cottage remains a welcoming venue for all. This will result in a small number of seat losses across blocks H1 and H2 in the Hammersmith End, and Season Ticket Holders affected by these accessibility works will be contacted by the Club directly.

Fulham Football Club CEO Alistair Mackintosh said: "An incredible amount of work has already gone into the Riverside development, as well as the process for the transition of Season Ticket Holders during the two-year period of which the Riverside Stand will not be available. We are, however, delighted that we will continue to play our home fixtures at Craven Cottage during the build process, despite many logistical challenges, as the importance of Craven Cottage to our Chairman, our team and our fans is never underestimated.

"The Club has maintained a dialogue with the Fulham Supporters' Trust throughout this process and I thank everyone who has been involved so far, along with the valuable feedback we have received to enable us to reach this stage. There is, however, still much work to be undertaken and we thank you for your understanding during what will be a challenging period."

The capacity at Craven Cottage during the next two seasons will be significantly reduced. From this Friday (24 May), 2019/20 Season Tickets will go on sale to existing Season Ticket Holders, and supporters will start to receive full information via post, email and online, regarding the price of their seat, details of relocation for those affected by the development, as well as the deadline date to purchase.

Supporters are advised to check their post and email from this Friday and refer to fulhamfc.com for further updates.

We appreciate the patience and understanding of supporters during the extensive discussions
To the limit and beyond

love4ffc

So, how hard will it become for visiting foreigners to get tickets for a match  :dft001:

Only asking so I can plan ahead  :023:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

G_Gribby

Well, some planning is always required I guess and together with the membership.
We don't have 19000 season ticket holders, and I have never become without ticket ever so far.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

ALG01

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: ALG01 on May 22, 2019, 03:53:20 PM
no news on prices then?

I guess we'll have to wait until the letters drop on our door mats.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

brightster

Quote from: ALG01 on May 22, 2019, 03:53:20 PM
no news on prices then?

As it's stated in the above statement!
From this Friday (24 May), 2019/20 Season Tickets will go on sale to existing Season Ticket Holders, and supporters will start to receive full information via post, email and online, regarding the price of their seat, details of relocation for those affected by the development, as well as the deadline date to purchase.

brightster

Quote from: G_Gribby on May 22, 2019, 03:49:34 PM
Well, some planning is always required I guess and together with the membership.
We don't have 19000 season ticket holders, and I have never become without ticket ever so far.
I think we had 16000 last year which was a record, ok so we might lose 4000, due to being relegated, so about 12000 possibly this year. Then we have the away allocation plus we need to fit in the corporate and directors into the Putney end.
Losing H7&8 plus some of H1&2 is going to be a tight fit the next couple of seasons!

Riversider

Quote from: brightster on May 22, 2019, 04:13:33 PM
I think we had 16000 last year which was a record, ok so we might lose 4000, due to being relegated, so about 12000 possibly this year. Then we have the away allocation plus we need to fit in the corporate and directors into the Putney end.
Losing H7&8 plus some of H1&2 is going to be a tight fit the next couple of seasons!

This is the bit that doesn't make any sense to me, let's say that you are right with your figures, in fact let's say you are only half right, why didn't they put Hammersmith End and Johnny Haynes season tickets on sale 6 weeks ago , that way their would be thousands of tickets available in the traditional home stands,
There are going to be plenty of Riversiders buying in The Putney End who a few weeks later will be wishing that they had waited.

brightster

Quote from: Riversider on May 22, 2019, 04:28:03 PM

This is the bit that doesn't make any sense to me, let's say that you are right with your figures, in fact let's say you are only half right, why didn't they put Hammersmith End and Johnny Haynes season tickets on sale 6 weeks ago , that way their would be thousands of tickets available in the traditional home stands,
There are going to be plenty of Riversiders buying in The Putney End who a few weeks later will be wishing that they had waited.

Did the club know 6 weeks ago that they would need to shut H7 H8 plus some of H1 and 2! This is why it's taken so long for them to sort this out, sounds like they have only just announced the contractors to do the work, so the working schedule was submitted very recently.

Riversider

Quote from: brightster on May 22, 2019, 04:46:37 PM
Quote from: Riversider on May 22, 2019, 04:28:03 PM

Did the club know 6 weeks ago that they would need to shut H7 H8 plus some of H1 and 2! This is why it's taken so long for them to sort this out, sounds like they have only just announced the contractors to do the work, so the working schedule was submitted very recently.

Those Blocks are very limited numbers compared to the thousands in other areas.

SuffolkWhite

I was under the impression that it was only parts of H7/8 that were going to be moved.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

flyingfish

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 22, 2019, 07:58:11 PM
I was under the impression that it was only parts of H7/8 that were going to be moved.

All of h8 and part of h7. Presumably the lower bit of h7. I sit in h7 so am waiting anxiously.

SuffolkWhite

Yep I sit in H7 lower also.

Just adding this, I have looked at the photo's I took of the model of the new stand when it was on show, and it appears that where I sit in front of the Boxes will be safe from being moved. But we will wait and see.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HamsterWheel

Can't see any plans to move the managers and subs area across the pitch so assume they'll be sat in the ruins of the Riverside? A true "dugout"....