more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Park Rangers

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 23, 2019, 12:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 23, 2019, 04:09:29 PM
Anyone else still got their Fulham 2000 pottery Craven Cottage?
Mine is still in pride of place in our conservatory and I remember David Hamilton being on Through the Keyhole years ago. I identified him because of his pottery Craven  Cottage.

:plus one:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 23, 2019, 04:09:29 PM
Anyone else still got their Fulham 2000 pottery Craven Cottage?
Mine is still in pride of place in our conservatory and I remember David Hamilton being on Through the Keyhole years ago. I identified him because of his pottery Craven  Cottage.

I've got one of those too, along with my posters!

Tempest

I was On the pitch, saw Gordon Davies, appeared to have tears in his eyes ( from memory it was Ivor anyway!) Think Walsall fans were quite supportive too? 2-2 final score?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Camel Club

The Walsall fans were absolutely fantastic that day. I've always made a point of applauding their team on to the pitch ever since. It's important that we and subsequent generations of Fulham supporters never forget that.

Jonnoj

Quote from: 70sPimlico on May 23, 2019, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: Jonnoj on May 23, 2019, 03:55:35 PM
Don't forget it was lovable Ken Bates who sorted Marler estates, who owned the bridge as well. Can't remember exactly what he did but he pretty well bankrupted them in the process of defending what he saw as the rights of football clubs to remain as they were. He was vociferous in his defence of FFC as well as cfc to be fair to him.

I didnt know that. Funny old bugger really. Is he still around?

Not sure but yes he sure is/was!

Jonnoj

Quote from: Camel Club on May 23, 2019, 06:34:28 PM
The Walsall fans were absolutely fantastic that day. I've always made a point of applauding their team on to the pitch ever since. It's important that we and subsequent generations of Fulham supporters never forget that.

I'm the same, always happy to see them do well and won't forget that gesture in our time of greatest need.
They brought a big banner saying 'Save Fulham' from memory.

filham

Those really were the dark days, there seemed no future for us , we didn't even dream of being in the top dvision it was so far out of reach.

FFC365

They brought a big banner saying 'Save Fulham' from memory.

When the Walsall supporters coach arrived in Stevenage Road they had a big banner saying "Don't Kill Fulham" in the back window and they were applauded as the coach moved along towards the Putney End, it was a great gesture from Walsall fans and a very moving experience for those of us there, we truly believed that it was the end.

thebumponleroyshead

I would have been 5 at the time, my dad Dominic had co organized the demo and placards with a guy called Brendan. He cried when he saw that Walsall banner, I asked him why he was so sad. "Don't kill Fulham", when you think you'll never be able to take your son again to the team you love it seems obvious now. God bless all those who saved the quirkiest club in England. I too have had a soft spot for the Saddlers ever since. I've still got the vhs tape of that season with the demo, I should convert it to dvd before it's lost to the realms of time. Maybe they could show it in the new Riverside occasionally as a death knell reminder to all 'clubs' not corporations.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land