watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (23/05/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 23, 2019, 08:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Andy Johnson delivers his verdict on Scott Parker and Fulham ahead of return to the Championship

Former Fulham striker Andy Johnson has had his say on Scott Parker's appointment at his old club

Former Fulham striker Andy Johnson says it is refreshing to see his old side put their trust in a young English manager in Scott Parker.

The former Fulham midfielder has recently been appointed as the club's manager on a permanent deal, after impressing during his time in caretaker charge, following the departure of Claudio Ranieri.

And although Fulham were relegated from the Premier League, Johnson believes that the Cottagers have the right man to try and get them back up to the top flight as the club prepares for a return to the Championship.

Scott Parker ahead of Fulham's game with Newcastle United (Image: Serena Taylor/Newcastle United)

"I think Scott is a fantastic guy. I don't know him too much, but I have come across him enough in football to know that he is very passionate, and I have spoken to a few people around Fulham, and they say he is the right man for the job and will give them some structure," said Johnson, who played for Fulham between 2008 and 2012.

"He is a young English manager, which is nice to see as well, not dipping into the foreign market, but sticking with one of their own. They are a fantastic club. They are a bit like Crystal Palace, they don't have a flashy stadium but they have got a really good feel to the club.

"They bring young players through and they give young players a chance and it is refreshing to see.

"It is another club that is close to my heart and I wish Scott all the best and I hope they will do well."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/andy-johnson-verdict-parker-fulham-16311871

WhiteJC

Chairman Confirms Riverside Stand Development

The Club has today signed an agreement with lead contractor Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd, for the demolition and development of the Riverside Stand, commencing this summer.

The new stand will not only increase the seating capacity at Craven Cottage but also enhance amenities to the ground and locality for supporters, residents and visitors to enjoy.

Designed by architect Populous, the development boasts a transformation of the riverside walkway into a world class leisure destination; a pathway that will allow an uninterrupted walk along the banks of the River Thames between Hammersmith and Putney Bridges and a choice of amenities for visitors to enjoy throughout the year.

Supporters will experience best-in-class offerings, with the stand incorporating contemporary designs and state of the art concourses and hospitality lounges on matchdays. The design of the Riverside Stand is sympathetic to Fulham Football Club's location, the glorious River Thames and the environment.

Importantly, the Riverside development reaffirms Craven Cottage as the home of Fulham Football Club, both for now and future generations.

Throughout the two-year build, there will be ongoing consultation with key stakeholders, and regular updates on the progress of the development will be made available.

Fulham FC Chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am delighted to now be able to formally announce that our work on the Riverside Stand development will begin in earnest this summer.

"I understand today's announcement was many years in the making, but the right thing for all parties was to be deliberate, collaborative and thorough. I thank our supporters for their patience, and am especially grateful to all those who have worked tremendously hard behind the scenes to bring us to this point. The wait will be worth it.

"I would also like to extend my gratitude to Councillor Stephen Cowan, Leader of the London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, who has bent over backwards to make this happen.

"Craven Cottage is a unique and inspiring venue to not only play football, but to visit. As I noted upon becoming Chairman in 2013, it has always been my intention to follow through with the development of the Riverside Stand, and today's news brings that intention to reality.

"Make no mistake, the Riverside development will be a location like no other, a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London. Our aim is to create a world-class destination for fans and guests to experience and enjoy, whilst retaining the charm that Craven Cottage exudes within our very own section of the River Thames. In doing so, we will also safeguard the Club's future at Craven Cottage, forever the rightful home for Fulham."

Everyone associated with Fulham Football Club is very much looking forward to this exciting project. Further details regarding Season Tickets and transition plans for the 2019/20 campaign will be published on fulhamfc.com this afternoon.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/22/chairman-confirms-riverside-stand-development

WhiteJC

Poch Wants Both Brothers

The Ryan Sessegnon to Spurs story has been rumbling along for some time, a hallmark of all too many of out transfer targets.

A source close to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club tells the Harry Hotspur blog that Pochettino doesn't just want Ryan, the gaffer would very much like to also take Steven Sessegnon too.

Twin brother Steven is a versatile youngster has been described as a capable full-back and or centre-half.

This season saw him make the Fulham first team's bench on 4 occasions, the closest he's come to making his professional breakthrough yet. Prior to this, the 18 year old has woprked his way through the Fluham Academy ranks, playing for teh U18s and U23s.

What interests me about this ITK is that it suggests that the boys are both of decent character.

It is frankly futile to make any class of assessment about either lad, both have been playing for a side that has been for 90% of the season had the smell of doom about it.

The obvious negative – as hinted earlier – this is another one that has been on the boil for so long, one cannot help but feel the momentum will have been somewhat diminished.

https://theboyhotspur.com/poch-wants-both-brothers/

WhiteJC

Transfer target: Ryan Sessegnon linked with Manchester United

Fulham full-back and winger Ryan Sessegnon has been linked with Manchester United, Tottenham and Juventus since the window opened - but what would the 19-year-old provide?

United are the only club to have contacted Fulham so far, after the youngster was pivotal in the Cottagers' successful promotion last season under former boss Slavisa Jokanovic, but struggled to hit form in the top flight this term.

Sessegnon lost his starting place following a groin strain in late December during Claudio Ranieri's brief stint at the helm, but reclaimed a regular berth when Scott Parker was appointed interim manager in February.

But with only one year remaining on his contract, the club could look to cash in and avoid potentially losing him for nothing next summer.

Speaking after Fulham's relegation was confirmed, Sessegnon told Sky Sports News: "I'm still a Fulham player, contracted until 2020... that's all I can say at the moment."

Sessegnon made his club debut at the age of just 16 years and 81 days, and has represented England at every level from the U16s to U21s - frequently being touted as a potential member of Gareth Southgate's senior squad.

But what would he offer the big clubs circling for his signature?

The stats

The graphic below reveals how Sessegnon failed to maintain his form in the Premier League, hitting his peak between November and February during 2017/18 - topped with a winning hat-trick in a 5-4 thriller against Sheffield United.

The underlying numbers reveal a two-fold dip across numerous key stats since stepping up divisions. In addition, he scored only two goals in the top flight - compared with 16 in his previous campaign.

Sessegnon's purple patch in front of goal resulted from starting as a winger - instead of full-back - but this versatility saw him play in every conceivable position down both flanks this season - primarily down his favoured left side.

The England U21 international certainly ticks all the boxes for the new mould of Manchester United target under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - racking up more minutes than any other teenager this season.

But comparing Sessegnon against current United players is difficult, due to the various positions he has played in, but he has created goals at the exact same as rate as Marcus Rashford this season.

It seems likely Sessegnon will leave Craven Cottage due to the club's relegation and his expiring contract, with both factors culminating in a potentially good deal for a highly-sought English prospect.

Indeed, his physical exertions could provide a dose of what United need, ranking among the Premier League's elite in the running metrics this season - an area United ranked poorly, particularly under Jose Mourinho.

Sessegnon was the 15th fastest player in the top flight this campaign, hitting 34.91 km/h against Manchester City in September - faster than any other Manchester United player, while only Rashford averaged more sprints per game.

But if interested parties miss out on Sessegnon, Football Whispers data provides a range of alternative players with skillsets strikingly similar to the Fulham star and all surpassed his overall performance this season.

Wolves forward Diogo Jota tops the pack, joined by a raft of familiar names, including Kingsley Coman, David Brooks, Sofiane Boufal, Goncalo Guedes, Nathan Redmond and Samu Castillejo.

Other, lesser-known youngsters of a similar ilk include Allan Saint-Maximin, Lucas Ocampos, Nicolò Zaniolo, Linton Maina, Gabriel Barbosa and Toni Villa.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11725324/transfer-target-ryan-sessegnon-linked-with-manchester-united

WhiteJC

Former-Fulham and Watford manager to be interviewed for Middlesbrough manager's role

According to Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie, Middlesbrough are set to interview former Fulham and Watford manager Slavisa Jokanovic within the next 24 hours.

Jokanovic has been out of work since leaving his post as Fulham boss in November 2018, but is now in the fold to return to management with Middlesbrough.

Previous Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis wasn't offered a renewal of his contract, with his deal coming to an end last week, and the Middlesbrough hierarchy, including Chairman Steve Gibson, are looking to get a new man to take the reigns as soon as possible.

50-year old Jokanovic has had plenty of success in the Championship with both Watford and Fulham, getting both teams promoted to the Premier League in the 2014-15 season and 2017-18 season respectively.

Both sides played expansive attacking football – something which has been lacking at Boro since the arrival of Tony Pulis back in 2017. Although the Welshman guided the Teessiders to fifth place and seventh place in his two seasons in charge, the style of football was one that the supporters weren't happy with, ultimately calling for his sacking towards the end of the campaign.

The series of tweets from Keith Downie highlight that Jokanovic is certainly not the only manager to be interviewed, with First Team Coach Jonathan Woodgate still in the running too.

The former-Boro, Spurs and Real Madrid centre back is still favourite to take over from Pulis, but with interviews taking place this week, Steve Gibson could make a decision on a new boss sooner rather than later.

https://the72.co.uk/131877/former-fulham-and-watford-manager-to-be-interviewed-for-middlesbrough-managers-role/

WhiteJC

Fulham to begin work on Riverside Stand development with expected 2021 completion date

The new stand will take around two years to build and will increase the capacity at Craven Cottage

Fulham will begin work on redeveloping the Riverside Stand this summer.

The new stand will take around two years to build and will increase the capacity at Craven Cottage as well as enhancing amenities to the ground.

Speaking to the club website , Fulham chairman Shahid Khan couldn't hide his excitement that the plans have been given the go-ahead.

He said: "I am delighted to now be able to formally announce that our work on the Riverside Stand development will begin in earnest this summer.

"I understand today's announcement was many years in the making, but the right thing for all parties was to be deliberate, collaborative and thorough. I thank our supporters for their patience, and am especially grateful to all those who have worked tremendously hard behind the scenes to bring us to this point. The wait will be worth it.

An artist's impression of the Riverside Stand looking from the Johnny Haynes Stand

"I would also like to extend my gratitude to Councillor Stephen Cowan, Leader of the London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, who has bent over backwards to make this happen.

"Craven Cottage is a unique and inspiring venue to not only play football, but to visit. As I noted upon becoming Chairman in 2013, it has always been my intention to follow through with the development of the Riverside Stand, and today's news brings that intention to reality.

"Make no mistake, the Riverside development will be a location like no other, a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London.

"Our aim is to create a world-class destination for fans and guests to experience and enjoy, whilst retaining the charm that Craven Cottage exudes within our very own section of the River Thames. In doing so, we will also safeguard the Club's future at Craven Cottage, forever the rightful home for Fulham."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-begin-work-riverside-stand-16312636

WhiteJC

PROFILE: Scott Parker

So now that Fulham have promoted Scott Parker to 'Head Coach' having been in the 'Caretaker Manager' role since February, replacing Claudio Ranieri, we thought we'd give you a brief rundown of Scott's football career to date.

Scott Parker enjoyed a successful playing career with six different Premier League clubs before going into coaching.
A Charlton Athletic academy graduate, Scott made his professional debut in 1997 and went on to make 368 Premier League appearances, over 18 seasons, for Charlton, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Tottenham and Fulham.

Scott won the Football Writers' Player of the Year award in the 2010/11 campaign, his first season with Spurs.

Charlton Athletic – 1997-2004
Scott began his career at Charlton Athletic after graduating from Lilleshall and made his first-team debut against Bury (First Division) on the 23rd August 1997.
In October 2000 Scott was loaned to Norwich City for a couple of months, on returning to the Valley he was called into the first team to replace the injured Mark Kinsella.

Chelsea – 2004-05
January 2004 Scott signs for Chelsea on four and a half year contract for a reported £10 million fee.
Scott's only goal was scored in a 2-0 win against Portsmouth at Fratton Park.
At the end of the 2003-04 season he was named 'PFA Young Player of the Year'.
Scott found it difficult to break into a regular first team spot however, he was a regular starter in League Cup matches where he played in three consecutive victories against West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham, Scott would play for all three teams later in his career.

Newcastle United – 2005-07
July 2005 Scott joined Newcastle Utd for £6.5 million where he became a first team regular.
Scott's first goal came on 25th March 2006 in a 3-1 defeat to Charlton.
In July 2006 he was made captain by manager Glenn Roeder. His first goal as Captain was against Wigan Athletic, his second came against Fulham, September 2006, after he was substituted Newcastle conceded 2 goals and lost the match.

West Ham United – 2007-11
June 2007 Scott signed for West Ham United for a £7 million fee.
His first goal was a last minute winner against Middlesborough on 22nd December 2007.
2008-09 Scott was voted 'Hammer of the Year' by the clubs supporters and became the first player since Julian Dicks to retain the award after winning again in May 2010.

Tottenham Hotspur – 2011-13
August 2011 Scott joins Spurs for a reported fee of £5.5 million.
Scott did not score for Spurs.
Signing for Spurs gave Scott the unique record? of playing for clubs in North, East, South and West London in the Premier League.
At the end of his first season Scott was named 'Player of the Year'

Fulham – 2013-17
August 2013 Scott joined on a three year contract with fulham for an undisclosed fee and went on to make 128 appearances in three seasons.
Scott scored his first goal against Swansea City in a 1-2 loss at the Cottage.
Fulham were relegated at the end of the season and Scott retired from playing in June 2017.
Whilst at Fulham, Parker completed his UEFA badges and coached for the Fulham FC Academy.

International Career
Scott has represented England at every level from under-16 to the senior team.

Managerial Career
Scott retired from playing in 2017, taking up a coaching role with Spurs' Under-18 side.
A year later, Parker made the next step in his coaching career, joining Slavisa Jokanovic's first-team coaching staff at Fulham.
He was reunited with Ranieri, the man who signed him for Chelsea in 2003, following Jokanovic's departure on 14 November 2018.

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=698

WhiteJC

Fulham to begin 'game-changing' £100m Craven Cottage redevelopment this summer

The Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage ( Getty Images )

Fulham on Wednesday confirmed work on their £100million project to redevelop the Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage will begin this summer. 

Owner Shahid Khan always maintained the redevelopment, which will increase the capacity of Craven Cottage to around 30,000, would not be affected by relegation. 

The plans will see the existing stand demolished and replaced by a new two-tier structure.

Fulham have previously estimated the project will take two years to complete and they will spend two seasons with just three sides of Craven Cottage open during the redevelopment. 

Khan said: "I am delighted to now be able to formally announce that our work on the Riverside Stand development will begin in earnest this summer.

"I understand today's announcement was many years in the making, but the right thing for all parties was to be deliberate, collaborative and thorough. I thank our supporters for their patience. The wait will be worth it. 

"Craven Cottage is a unique and inspiring venue to not only play football, but to visit. It has always been my intention to follow through with the development of the Riverside Stand, and today's news brings that intention to reality.

"The Riverside development will be a location like no other, a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-to-begin-gamechanging-100m-craven-cottage-redevelopment-this-summer-a4148701.html

WhiteJC

Report: Middlesbrough will interview Slavisa Jokanovic within 24 hours

Slavisa Jokanovic led Watford and Fulham to the Premier League - can he repeat the trick with Championship underachievers Boro?

Middlesbrough have turned their attention to Slavisa Jokanovic and will interview the former Fulham and Watford manager within the next 24 hours, according to Sky Sports (22 May, 11.30pm).

Boro sacked Tony Pulis earlier this month after the experienced Welshman failed to lead them into the play-offs, finishing seventh at the end of a difficult campaign in which plenty of fans turned against the pragmatic coach.

First-team coach Jonathan Woodgate was expected to be promoted to the top job but, according to Sky, Jokanovic has suddenly entered the picture.

The Serbian will even hold talks with Middlesbrough within the next 24 hours.

Jokanovic has been out of work since he was sacked by Fulham in November but he has a fantastic track record in the Championship. The 50-year-old guided Watford to the Premier League in 2015 before winning the play-offs with Fulham 12 months ago.

Furthermore, he is renowned for his attack-minded style, an approach that will surely win over the Boro fans who grew tired of Pulis's cautious approach. Jokanovic's Fulham scored 79 Championship goals in 2017/18, 30 more than Middlesbrough managed in the season just gone.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/22/report-middlesbrough-will-interview-slavisa-jokanovic-within-24/

WhiteJC

One for Calum Chambers:

When Calum Chambers arrived at Craven Cottage in August of 2018, he seemed ideal stylistically for Slavisa Jokanovic's football. As a leaner centre half, comfortable with the ball at his feet, Chambers seemed primed to be an asset in our possession based football. Chambers also came with a partnership with Alfie Mawson as the Swansea City centre half (who signed in the days prior) and the Arsenal loanee were the preferred centre back duo for Aidy Boothroyd. With Chambers and Mawson in the middle of the defence, England conceded just once in the three group games before being knocked out by the eventual winners Germany (shock incoming) on penalties. I recall this tournament well, and whilst England's attacking ability was lacking, it was the performances of the two centre halves that had me 'desperate' for Swansea to sign Chambers that summer; completely unaware that I would see it at Fulham a year after. Fast forward another 12 months, Fulham only used the two as a centre back duo in two fixtures, Exeter at home in the League Cup before Alfie Mawson was substituted after 75 minutes and Watford at home before Alfie Mawson was substituted at half time.

While Alfie Mawson was out injured, Chambers found time at centre half harder to come by with Fulham's return to Premier League football being littered with defensive frailty and Slavisa Jokanovic tinkered with Denis Odoi, Tim Ream and Maxime Le Marchand all potential partnerships. With Slavisa Jokanovic's last game at Anfield came Calum Chambers' first match in the midfield, In a post-season interview with the club website, Chambers said about the Jokanovic experiment, "He wanted me to get myself about, try and break up play, try and protect and stop the ball going into the strikers. It was a very defensive role I was playing." Chambers also admitted to the impact Scott Parker had on his transition, even before the former Fulham captain was made head coach, "we do stuff after sessions, quick feet stuff, working on my body position and making sure I'm aware of what's around me. I'll ask him where I should be with and without the ball. If there are little things I'm unsure of, I'll go and speak to him and get his advice."

Chambers fairly seamless transition into midfield was surprising for what initially appeared to be a short term solution became a fixture of the side under the regimes of both Claudio Ranieri and Scott Parker. After continuing as a 'water carrier' for Ranieri, once Scott Parker was placed in charge, an attempt came to add another string to Chambers' bow, "with Scotty it's been more of a box-to-box role if you like, getting myself about and trying to help out with the forwards." While Calum himself appears to still see himself as a central defender, his year at Fulham was beneficial, "now when I play centre-back I'll appreciate more what the midfielders have to go through and it will help me realise what pass they want or where they want me to give them the ball, so it's definitely been a great experience and added to my game."

Whether Calum Chambers, at 24, can break through at Arsenal is another question. Newspaper reports suggest he may be used as bait for the Gunners to clinch a deal for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha on top of him being the only of Arsenal's six central defenders to go out on loan, whilst Rob Holding and Konstantinos Mavropanos remained in Unai Emery's set up. Chambers' performances as a makeshift central midfielder could attract Emery to trial him as a rotational player given Arsenal will look to compete on four fronts again. I do think Calum's future (like most Englishmen of his age) is better playing consistent football and if the opportunity to work with a Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace comes up, why not?

Whatever happens, Chambers is one of the front runners for Fulham's Player of the Season voting and I'll be personally surprised if he isn't one of the top two. His consistency, work ethic and personal qualities have been a pleasure at Fulham and he seemed to have more 'want' than some players signed here permanently. I think I speak for a lot of Fulham supporters that wish Calum Chambers the best of luck in his future.

For Fulham, they'll have to find a replacement for that anchor role in midfield. Kevin McDonald coming off of a season where he experienced the ruthlessness of football may be charged with returning to his former self in the Championship, or does Tony Khan dip into the transfer and find Scott Parker that style of player?

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/05/one-for-calum-chambers/

WhiteJC

Riverside Transition Plans Confirmed

Following this morning's news regarding plans for the Riverside development at Craven Cottage, the Club can now provide further details on the transition process for Season Ticket Holders, ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.

The development works at Craven Cottage will commence this summer, and to enable the Club to continue playing its matches at Craven Cottage whilst work on the Riverside Stand is in progress, the ground's capacity will reduce to around 19,000, with the Hammersmith End, Putney End and Johnny Haynes Stand accommodating all supporters for both the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons.

The complex process of relocating supporters will involve moving all Season Ticket Holders from the Riverside Stand to pre-allocated seats which are currently available in the Putney End and the Hammersmith End. To ensure that rows of seats are kept together as practicably as possible, and that every Season Ticket Holder is offered a seat for next season, those currently located in the lower sections of all blocks in the Riverside Stand will be relocated, principally, to the front sections of the Hammersmith End and, where seats are available, to other areas of this stand.  Those in the remaining, upper, areas of the Riverside Stand will be offered a season ticket in Blocks P1, P2, P3 or P4 in the Putney End.

In addition, the construction process will affect blocks in the Hammersmith End located closest to the Riverside Stand: Block H8 and a small section of H7 will need to be vacated. Therefore, supporters located within these areas will also be provided with details of relocation within the Hammersmith End.

Substantial improvements in addition to the Riverside Stand development will take place in other areas of the ground, including accessibility works to create an improved experience for supporters, meeting necessary statutory standards, as we strive to continue to ensure that Craven Cottage remains a welcoming venue for all. This will result in a small number of seat losses across blocks H1 and H2 in the Hammersmith End, and Season Ticket Holders affected by these accessibility works will be contacted by the Club directly.

Fulham Football Club CEO Alistair Mackintosh said: "An incredible amount of work has already gone into the Riverside development, as well as the process for the transition of Season Ticket Holders during the two-year period of which the Riverside Stand will not be available. We are, however, delighted that we will continue to play our home fixtures at Craven Cottage during the build process, despite many logistical challenges, as the importance of Craven Cottage to our Chairman, our team and our fans is never underestimated.

"The Club has maintained a dialogue with the Fulham Supporters' Trust throughout this process and I thank everyone who has been involved so far, along with the valuable feedback we have received to enable us to reach this stage. There is, however, still much work to be undertaken and we thank you for your understanding during what will be a challenging period."

The capacity at Craven Cottage during the next two seasons will be significantly reduced. From this Friday (24 May), 2019/20 Season Tickets will go on sale to existing Season Ticket Holders, and supporters will start to receive full information via post, email and online, regarding the price of their seat, details of relocation for those affected by the development, as well as the deadline date to purchase.

Supporters are advised to check their post and email from this Friday and refer to fulhamfc.com for further updates.

We appreciate the patience and understanding of supporters during the extensive discussions and planning needed prior to final details being confirmed regarding arrangements for next season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/22/riverside-transition-plans-confirmed

WhiteJC

The EFL rule which could significantly impact Fulham's summer transfer activity

With a number of overseas stars on the books it appears that the Cottagers will need to be careful next term.

Fulham may need to prioritise signing experienced 'home grown' players in the transfer window this summer thanks to the different demands the Premier League and the EFL place on the make-up of matchday squads.

While the top flight asks sides to have at least eight home grown players in their 25-man squads for the whole season, the EFL insists that sides must name at least seven in every matchday squad.

Failure to comply can result in team being forced to player with fewer substitutes.

The new version of the rule came into play last year ahead of the 2018/19 season, meaning it will be the first time that the Cottagers will be forced to comply.

Clauses 33.8 and 33.9 of  the EFL's rules and regulations  - found in section 5: fixtures - read as follows:

"33.8: Home Grown Players. Each Club shall be required to nominate a minimum of seven Home Grown Players on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches)."

Put simply, this means that seven of Fulham's 18-man matchday squad must qualify as 'home grown'.

This means that regardless of the player's nationality or age, he must have been registered to a football club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season which he turns 21).

With a number of players born overseas currently on the books at Craven Cottage, it appears that Tony Khan and Scott Parker will have their work cut out to ensure that the Cottagers comply with the rules.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/efl-rule-could-significantly-impact-16314657

WhiteJC

United States Call On Fulham Trio

Fulham trio Tim Ream, Luca de la Torre and Marlon Fossey have been named in the United States squad for their upcoming training camp.

The week-long meetup in Annapolis, Maryland, will form part of their preparations for the 2019 Gold Cup, although the final squad for that tournament is still to be confirmed.

Following the camp, the USMNT will compete in friendlies against Jamaica in Washington and Venezuela in Cincinnati, ahead of their first Gold Cup match against Guyana in mid-June.

Ream and Fossey – who could make his debut for the senior side – are in contention to make the Gold Cup squad, but de la Torre is confirmed to be joining up with a subsequent Under-23 training camp in Salt Lake City.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/22/united-states-call-on-fulham-trio

WhiteJC

How the 2019/20 Championship finish is predicted to finish with Bristol City struggling as Leeds and Fulham fly high

This may make grim reading for Robins supporters...

Aston Villa and Derby County will take part in the Championship play-off final on Monday with a place in the Premier League at stake.

Norwich City and Sheffield United have already secured their place in the top-flight with one more place up for grabs.

Ahead of the concluding game of the season, the promotion odds for the 2019/20 campaign have been released.

Relegated Fulham are currently favourites at 9/4 with Leeds and West Brom just behind them.

Fulham's Joe Bryan is closed down by Kiko Femenia of Watford

Promotion odds from Sky Bet

Fulham 5/2

Leeds United 11/4

West Brom 11/4

Cardiff City 7/2

Huddersfield 7/2

Stoke City 7/2

Middlesbrough 9/2

Sheffield Wednesday 9/2

Swansea 9/2

Brentford 6/1

Bristol City 7/1

Nottingham Forest 7/1

Luton Town 8/1

Birmingham 10/1

Hull City 10/1

Preston North End 10/1

Blackburn Rovers 12/1

Barnsley 16/1

Millwall 16/1

QPR 16/1

Reading 16/1

Wigan 16/1

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-odds-bristol-city-leeds-2897863

WhiteJC

Fulham FC Chairman Confirms Riverside Stand Kicks Off This Summer

" a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London"

Fulham Football Club (FFC) has today 22nd May signed an agreement with lead contractor Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd, for the demolition and development of the Riverside Stand, commencing this summer.

A message for the Charman, Shahid Khan, to supporters said: "The new stand will not only increase the seating capacity at Craven Cottage but also enhance amenities to the ground and locality for supporters, residents and visitors to enjoy."

Designed by architect Populous, the development transforms the riverside walkway with a pathway that will allow an uninterrupted walk along the banks of the River Thames between Hammersmith and Putney Bridges and a choice of amenities for visitors to enjoy throughout the year.

The club believes that the design of the Riverside Stand is sympathetic to Fulham Football Club's location, the glorious River Thames and the environment. It also states that importantly, "the Riverside development reaffirms Craven Cottage as the home of Fulham Football Club, both for now and future generations".

Throughout the two-year build, there will be ongoing consultation with key stakeholders, and regular updates on the progress of the development will be made available.

FFC Chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am delighted to now be able to formally announce that our work on the Riverside Stand development will begin in earnest this summer.

"Make no mistake, the Riverside development will be a location like no other, a real game-changer for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London. Our aim is to create a world-class destination for fans and guests to experience and enjoy, whilst retaining the charm that Craven Cottage exudes within our very own section of the River Thames. In doing so, we will also safeguard the Club's future at Craven Cottage, forever the rightful home for Fulham."

http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&page=planningffc005.htm