watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (24/05/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 24, 2019, 07:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

'My head was gone' - Matthew Briggs opens up on his failed move to Manchester United

The full-back was set to join the Red Devils in 2010

Former Fulham defender Matthew Briggs has opened up on how a failed move to Manchester United affected him mentally.

Briggs was a product of the Whites youth system and went on to make 13 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers between 2007 and 2014, as well as representing England from under-16 to under-21 level.

His impressive displays didn't go unnoticed, with the Red Devils rumoured to be keen on signing him in 2010, but after the Cottages refused to let him go, the move collapsed, and he has since slowly dropped down the football pyramid and most recently played for Isthmian League North outfit Maldon and Tiptoe.

"Man United were interested in me," the boyhood United fan told talkSPORT.

"As a young child, that was my dream to play for United.

"As soon as I heard Man United were interested in me I was like 'I want to go'.

"I wanted to go, I was ready, packed.

"But when Fulham didn't want me to go and didn't allow me to go, that sort of affected me mentally.

"I sort of became down about it.

"I let it affect my mood, my football wasn't quite at it, at the races.

"My head was gone."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/matthew-briggs-manchester-united-fulham-16323083

WhiteJC

Newcastle have got Dwight Gayle's valuation all wrong

According to the Evening Standard, Fulham are interested in signing Dwight Gayle as a replacement for Aleksandar Mitrovic.

It's obvious why Fulham are keen, and to be honest it was expected. The Cottagers will want to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking, and to do that you need a goalscorer.

Who better than a player who has scored 47 Championship goals during his last two campaigns in the division?

Gayle scored 24 times for West Brom this season, who have been priced out of a permanent move for the striker as they look to cut costs ahead of another season in the second tier.

They claim his Premier League contract means they can't afford him, but a Fulham side with parachute payments might be more willing to roll the dice. He pays for himself if his goals deliver promotion.

However, Newcastle might be at risk of pricing themselves out of a deal.

Gayle's reported asking price is way over the top

The Evening Standard claim that the Magpies want £20million for Gayle. He cost just £10million when he arrived in 2016 from Crystal Palace.

Sure, the price of players has gone up since then, but £20million is ridiculous.

How can we expect someone to come and pay that for Gayle when we won't spend £16.5million ourselves on Salomon Rondon?

Even if we don't sign Rondon, any striker we go for could have his fee inflated due to how much we want for Gayle. If a striker who is at his best in the Championship is worth £20million, then a Premier League quality striker is going to cost even more.

Surely there is no chance we'll get £20million for Gayle.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/news/newcastle-got-dwight-gayles-valuation-wrong