more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy birthday Edwin

Started by epsomraver, October 29, 2010, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cebu

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 30, 2010, 02:07:55 AM
I know there will be people who think that Peabody and Corked Hat are the same person as we tend to agree on just about everything to do with football, but if Tony Macedo wasn't the best goalkeeper we have ever had then I'll go skinny dipping in the Thames on Boxing Day.
Of course he made the occasional error – his name was Macedo not Jesus – but he did not make any more errors than anyone else and he certainly didn't drop a harmless centre at the feet of an opposing forward as Van Der Sar did the other day.
And as for Gerry Peyton, give me Perry Digweed any day :wum:

Macedo is also my favourite goalkeeper - but remember, at White Hart Lane he did throw the ball straight to the feet of Jimmy Greaves!  :doh:

CorkedHat

Quote from: cebu on October 30, 2010, 10:48:23 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on October 30, 2010, 02:07:55 AM
I know there will be people who think that Peabody and Corked Hat are the same person as we tend to agree on just about everything to do with football, but if Tony Macedo wasn't the best goalkeeper we have ever had then I'll go skinny dipping in the Thames on Boxing Day.
Of course he made the occasional error – his name was Macedo not Jesus – but he did not make any more errors than anyone else and he certainly didn't drop a harmless centre at the feet of an opposing forward as Van Der Sar did the other day.
And as for Gerry Peyton, give me Perry Digweed any day :wum:

Macedo is also my favourite goalkeeper - but remember, at White Hart Lane he did throw the ball straight to the feet of Jimmy Greaves!  :doh:

But bloody Greaves was wearing a white shirt - it was an easy mistake to make  :doh: :doh: :doh:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

Macedo played in an era when a  goalie had to be tough as well as agile, remember it was legal in those days to shoulder charge a goalie over the line, Macedo was the first I saw and all round the best to date by a whisker

LBNo11

...add to that that Greaves was the archetypal 'goalhanger' Elio probably thought he was one of his defenders too.

Either that or he though that Trinders boast to sign Greaves had happened.. :005:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC