watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Advice for young ryan sess

Started by Finnans Right Peg, May 26, 2019, 12:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Is there a danger of running the contract down if Ryan gets injured?

I would think get a deal now and safeguard Ryan from injury but also life changing money weekly and signing on fee for Ryan. From the Agents perspective, surely a deal of 3 years now, and a nice earner in my pocket.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

N_O_W_S

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 28, 2019, 04:15:07 PM
Is there a danger of running the contract down if Ryan gets injured?

I would think get a deal now and safeguard Ryan from injury but also life changing money weekly and signing on fee for Ryan. From the Agents perspective, surely a deal of 3 years now, and a nice earner in my pocket.

Yes, but a deal with who. I just can't see him signing a 3 year contract (as much as I want him to).

Also agent's get a % cut of earnings. If he can run down his existing contract and then get him on a bumper contract his % earnings go up. We wont match the big clubs on wages.

SuffolkWhite

Running a contract down is risky isn't it if injured?
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

DevonFFC

He just flew out with the under 21's so his agent will be working away behind the scenes, let's hope he lights it up as his price will rise

Statto

Quote from: Ols_S on May 28, 2019, 04:02:22 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2019, 04:01:06 PM
Quote from: Ols_S on May 28, 2019, 03:56:58 PM
No agent is going to want to tie a good young player to a club for 4-5 years unless it is a top top club.

True but on reflection the OP's question ("If you were Ryan's agent what advice would you be giving him?") is a bit confusing.
Are we supposed to say what's good for Sessegnon, or good for ourselves as his agent?

Hey Statto, he does say to take our rose tinted fulham glasses off.

Not sure that helps at all but anyway, to avoid any further confusion...

(1) With my rose-tinted Fulham glasses on, I'd say sign a 100-year contract with Fulham for £9.80 per hour.

(2) With my agent's hat on, I'd say sign for some Chinese or Arab club for silly money then agitate for a move to some other Chinese or Arab club offering silly money every 6 months going forward.

(3) With my mind on Sessegnon's best interests, I'd say what I said in my post above. Long contract at Fulham with a min fee release clause.

BarryP

I'd tell him to consider a move to the Bundesliga where young talent has a real opportunity to shine and then move on to bigger things.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2019, 08:07:42 PM
No agent is going to want to tie a good young player to a club for 4-5 years unless it is a top top club.

True but on reflection the OP's question ("If you were Ryan's agent what advice would you be giving him?") is a bit confusing.
Are we supposed to say what's good for Sessegnon, or good for ourselves as his agent?

(1) With my rose-tinted Fulham glasses on, I'd say sign a 100-year contract with Fulham for £9.80 per hour.

(2) With my agent's hat on, I'd say sign for some Chinese or Arab club for silly money then agitate for a move to some other Chinese or Arab club offering silly money every 6 months going forward.

(3) With my mind on Sessegnon's best interests, I'd say what I said in my post above. Long contract at Fulham with a min fee release clause.

Brillant, the last option is good for Ryan Sessegnon and Fulham, it would basically give him the financial security of a five year contract in case his injured and the option to move to a Champions League team when ready. The real loser of "option three" would be Tottenham and it allows Sessegnon to delay his transfer until he is ready for a first team place in a Champions League team and then choose team with the weakest left side to join (maybe Chelseas with Hazard gone). He may also help Fulham gain promotion while he is waiting for the perfect opportunity.

One Martin Thomas

He's off ! Do you think there's any truth in the rumour that Spurs are after both Sess twins ? That would be a shock but not a surprise.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 29, 2019, 05:05:21 AM
Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2019, 08:07:42 PM

Brillant, the last option is good for Ryan Sessegnon and Fulham, it would basically give him the financial security of a five year contract in case his injured and the option to move to a Champions League team when ready. The real loser of "option three" would be Tottenham and it allows Sessegnon to delay his transfer until he is ready for a first team place in a Champions League team and then choose team with the weakest left side to join (maybe Chelseas with Hazard gone). He may also help Fulham gain promotion while he is waiting for the perfect opportunity.

I dont think you are approaching this sensibly.

TommyFFCGun

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on May 29, 2019, 07:13:40 AM
He's off ! Do you think there's any truth in the rumour that Spurs are after both Sess twins ? That would be a shock but not a surprise.

Yes. They are very close and if Spurs are smart they will promise to look after Steven as a way of tempting Ryan. For what it's worth last season was the first in Ryan's professional career he's really faced adversity and I can't say he seemed to handle it too well. As an 18 yr old in a struggling team that is both understandable and to be expected. However he will learn more from adversity than he will from going out on loan or playing under 23 football at a top six side. I accept I'm biased but he could do with more time with us in an environment he knows and feels comfortable in while he develops physically and emotionally. I think he's going but I think he should tell Fulham he wants a new three year deal with a release clause to become active should we not achieve promotion next year. He then protects himself and the club. We can only dream.

LittleErn

Quote from: JimOG on May 27, 2019, 11:31:40 AM
Can't help but feel Ryan will be advised to move on and take his signing on 15% which will give him €2mill and secure his future against injury
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 27, 2019, 07:41:33 PM
Its gotta be get what you can Sess, wjich ever Club it is. Get the longest contract at the most money with the highest signing on fee.
And the Agent will get his cut. Sets up the family for ever. If Fulham offer that contravt all the better. Football wise any big club in Europe but a season on loan somewhere for game time or it will be under 23 football.

Good advice above Sess, though I'm sorry to say it. You didn't have a good season and if you stay with Fulham and don't perform even better than you did in 2017-18 then your potential value will drop like a stone. Take the best offer you can get and set yourself and your family up for life. If it turns out to be Fulham that offer you the most then great, but make sure you perform!

Statto

Quote from: LittleErn on May 29, 2019, 10:08:33 PM
Can't help but feel Ryan will be advised to move on and take his signing on 15% which will give him €2mill and secure his future against injury
Its gotta be get what you can Sess, wjich ever Club it is. Get the longest contract at the most money with the highest signing on fee.
And the Agent will get his cut. Sets up the family for ever. If Fulham offer that contravt all the better. Football wise any big club in Europe but a season on loan somewhere for game time or it will be under 23 football.

Good advice above Sess, though I'm sorry to say it. You didn't have a good season and if you stay with Fulham and don't perform even better than you did in 2017-18 then your potential value will drop like a stone. Take the best offer you can get and set yourself and your family up for life. If it turns out to be Fulham that offer you the most then great, but make sure you perform!

If we are offering him a 4 yr deal on say £40k pw, so in other words £8m over 4 yrs, is that not enough to set someone up for life? Certainly if you gave me £8m, I wouldn't feel the need to work again!

In any case, I suspect even the money Spurs will offer him now, maybe £60k-£70k pw, is a pittance compared to what he could be earning in 5-10 years time if he turns out to be the next Gareth Bale. Therefore, shouldn't the focus still be on his long-term development rather than a fast buck?

SuffolkWhite

I think he will be developed wherever he goes, and the money on the next contract will be huge. Footballers are mercenaries and will pay the high rate taxes so will want latge wages. Many players of the past have said they like playing at Fulham but still moved on. They still want the chance to win something in their career but can Fulham offer that!?
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on May 29, 2019, 11:11:38 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on May 29, 2019, 10:08:33 PM

If we are offering him a 4 yr deal on say £40k pw, so in other words £8m over 4 yrs, is that not enough to set someone up for life? Certainly if you gave me £8m, I wouldn't feel the need to work again!

In any case, I suspect even the money Spurs will offer him now, maybe £60k-£70k pw, is a pittance compared to what he could be earning in 5-10 years time if he turns out to be the next Gareth Bale. Therefore, shouldn't the focus still be on his long-term development rather than a fast buck?

If he signs an £8m contract that is enough to set him up for life, alternatively he if doesn't sign then plays badly say in the championship next season and/or gets injured, he wont be setup for life. My estimate is if his career ends today he can probably buy a house in Fulham, not much compared to what's in the table. Jack Rodwell and Lazar Markovoic have proven the benefits of signing a long contract based on potential alone.

Unfortunately, while Ryan Sessegnon in-game development would be better at Fulham cause he'll get more game time, his off-field development with coach staff and training factitates are much better at Tottenham. Ryan Sessegnon doesn't need a coach that is starting his career, he needs a coach that knows how to get the best out of him, but Raneri and Parker weren't getting him playing well.