watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aaron Hughes released

Started by Fernhurst, May 30, 2019, 06:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Will he now be the last of the Europe team to retire??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bobby01

I thought he was a great unsung player for us, he made brede look good with all the quiet covering he did. One of the best cb we have had imho.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sunburywhite

He was outstanding

Wasnt it that he had never been booked?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Hughes and Hangeland, oh that we had them today. Going back even further I would also settle for Brown and Gale.

Fernhurst

A great player for us and a fine unassuming person as well.

Wonder what he will do now??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

bog

He was a wonderful defender for us. I think he was rarely booked as well.  :54:

092.gif

elgreenio

wonder if he has done his coaching badges....
touch my camera through the fence

Andy S

Vinnieffc

Him and Brede aka The Thames Barrier the best CB pairing I've ever seen at the Cottage (I go back to 1978).

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

N_O_W_S

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 30, 2019, 06:36:11 PM
He was outstanding

Wasnt it that he had never been booked?

Transfermakt states 18 yellow cards, no sendings off in 652 career appearances

The Old Count

Quote from: Vinnieffc on May 31, 2019, 01:06:06 PM
Him and Brede aka The Thames Barrier the best CB pairing I've ever seen at the Cottage (I go back to 1978).

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk.

The best CB pairing I've seen. (I go back to 1962)

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: bobby01 on May 30, 2019, 06:34:23 PM
I thought he was a great unsung player for us, he made brede look good with all the quiet covering he did. One of the best cb we have had imho.
Couldn't agree more - one of the very best CBs we have ever had - so good at reading the situation and anticipating danger in his prime. And, if memory serves, signed by Sanchez from Villa for just £1m, so credit where it's due. Of course, he also signed Hameur Bouazza.....

The Swan

Best Centre Back pairing ever. I go back to 19961.
We have to  Thank Sanchez for signing ( I think)
The Swan

filham

You know it would be good to see that Euro final team together again in a warm up friendly at the Cottage again next season.
I wonder what they are all up to now.

I Ronic

Always thought he made Hangeland look better than he actual was. In fact Roy pulled together a bunch of players that together, brought the very best out of themselves.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: filham on June 03, 2019, 05:56:02 PM
You know it would be good to see that Euro final team together again in a warm up friendly at the Cottage again next season.

They roll out the United and Liverpool legends at the drop of a hat to every charity game going. It's not a bad thing , I'm sure thousands would go see a game involving say the team of 2010 versus a team of "celebs" or something

Twig

Quote from: filham on June 03, 2019, 05:56:02 PM

It would be a great day out and I, for one, would love the chance to applaud them all one more time. We may have come up just short but that team gave me some of the proudest and most enjoyable days of my life. And for that I will be eternally grateful.

fulham traveller

And he started so badly as well, didn't he s ire a own goal against Blackburn or Wigan, went onto to be a legend, see him filling up with petrol, ( Judy beat juve ) I said can I kiss you 😂

sunburywhite

He always reminded me of John Dempsey who was probably the best centre half we had up until him (apart from the legend Paul Went of course)

Cool and calm
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me