more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 03/06/19...

Started by WhiteJC, June 03, 2019, 07:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

FULHAM FACE TOUGH CHALLENGE TO LAND INTERNATIONAL MIDFIELDER

This time last week, transfer speculation was suggesting that Fulham were interested in a midfielder who knows the Championship inside out.

An article we ran Click Here covered the speculation linking the 29-year-old Bournemouth midfielder, Harry Arter, with a move to Craven Cottage.

Here at Vital Fulham, we surmised it would be a good move if Fulham could seal a deal.

However, since our article appeared, the speculation has taken another twist.

According to the news source, the Independent two other clubs are now showing an interest in acquiring the services of the Republic of Ireland international with those clubs being Aston Villa and Stoke City.

But it is Villa's interest that perturbs me.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-face-tough-challenge-to-land-international-midfielder/

WhiteJC

FULHAM SET TO LOSE NOT ONE BUT TWO PLAYERS FROM THE SQUAD TO TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Okay, okay I accept that this summer we'll have to accept the inevitable and lose our talented teenager, Ryan Sessegnon, but what I've just read will be a real kick in the nether regions.

Speculation, for the majority of the summer, so far, has linked Ryan with a move across London, to Tottenham Hotspur.

Clearly, after sampling life in the top-flight, Ryan has now the appetite to continue his career at that level, no matter how deep his feelings for Fulham Football Club run.

Like I said earlier, I can accept that, it is a natural evolution.

But, skimming through the text on the Sky Sports transfer centre page, I read that not only do Tottenham Hotspur want Ryan but they are also keen to lure his brother, Steven Sessegnon, to North London.

What is this?

Are we witnessing a buy-one get-one-free offer?

Hopefully, the above speculation is just that and at least, come the closing of the summer transfer window we'll still have at least one Sessegnon still on our books.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-set-to-lose-not-one-but-two-players-from-the-squad-to-tottenham-hotspur/

WhiteJC

Fulham, Huddersfield or Cardiff? Derby County fans pick out the away days they are looking forward to
Rams fans have been having their say on the six new teams coming into the Championship next season

Derby County fans have had their say on the away days they are most looking forward to next season.

Cardiff City, Fulham and Huddersfield Town were relegated from the Premier League last season, while Charlton Athletic, Luton Town and Barnsley are coming up from League One.

Derby haven't played Luton, who call the quaint surroundings of Kenilworth Road their home, since 2007, while Charlton have spent three years out of the Championship.

The Rams are well acquainted with Barnsley, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham, with the two trips to Yorkshire and journey down to the capital popular with the travelling Rams fans.

And they have been picking out the away days that will be circled on the calendar when next season's fixtures are released on June 20.

Here's the pick of the chatter from the Derby faithful...

William York : Huddersfield

Andrew Small : Charlton and Luton Town. Also Millwall and Swansea City on my to do list. Only four I've not been to yet.

Dan Cartwright : Charlton and Luton.

Scott Peach : Fulham, Huddersfield and Barnsley.

Thomas Howard : Huddersfield amazing, not been to Cardiff or Luton so I'll go with those.

Wayne Griffiths : Charlton or Fulham.

Dave Keith : Fulham.

Joe Densley : Charlton.

Sue Buckle : Huddersfield weekend away!

Jamie Dumbleton : Charlton and Luton, two more games on my doorstep.

Marc Russell : Luton

David Bedlow : Charlton. Love London away days and haven't been to Charlton for a few years now.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-huddersfield-cardiff-derby-county-2932681

WhiteJC

Danny Murphy backs 'studious' Scott Parker to impress as Fulham boss - EXCLUSIVE

DANNY MURPHY has backed his former England team-mate Scott Parker as the right man to fire Fulham back into the Premier League.

Former Fulham captain Danny Murphy is backing Scott Parker to flourish as permanent boss (Image: GETTY)

Danny Murphy wrote his name into the Fulham history books back in 2010 when he led the Whites out to face Atletico Madrid in the first ever Europa League final.

When Murphy left Fulham for Blackburn in 2012 he left a gap in the midfield that would be filled by Scott Parker the following year.

The former Chelsea and Tottenham man went on to become a reliable captain and fan favourite at Craven Cottage, and now finds himself in the dugout after impressing as caretaker boss in the latter stages of their ill-fated return to the Premier League.

Murphy, who helped Fulham secure a seventh-place finish back in 2008/09 and historic wins over Wolfsburg and Hamburg the following season, has backed Parker as the right man to guide Fulham back to the top flight, where they spent 13 seasons between 2001 and 2014.

Murphy told Express Sport while promoting Greene Kings' Summer of Sport campaign: "I know Scott I've been playing against him for years, he's a very quiet guy, very studious and intelligent."

Despite both Murphy and Parker lining up for Charlton, Tottenham and Fulham, they were never team-mates at club level, but did represent England together against Denmark in 2003.

He continued: "I think what he did in the latter stages of their Premier League campaign has given the hierarchy the confidence to appoint him.

"He has a tremendous work ethic and he won't leave any stone unturned."

Scott Parker has won three of his ten fixtures as Fulham manager (Image: GETTY)

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1135345/Fulham-Scott-Parker-Danny-Murphy-Shahid-Khan-Slavisa-Jokanovic-Tom-Cairney-Ryan-Sessegnon

WhiteJC

Leeds United and Fulham backed for promotion as Championship 2019/20 season predicted
The odds for the Championship 2019/20 season have been released

The Championship season has finished with Aston Villa joining Norwich City and Sheffield United in winning promotion to the Premier League.

Villa defeated Derby County at Wembley to end three years in the Championship and secured a place in the top-flight.

Fulham, Huddersfield Town, and Cardiff City will now all drop down from the top-flight while they will be joined by Luton Town, Barnsley and Charlton Athletic from League One.

Thoughts are now turning to the new campaign with the odds released for promotion to the top-flight from SkyBet.

West Brom are priced at 3/1 to win promotion after missing out in the play-offs while Birmingham City are available at 10/1.

Promotion odds from Sky Bet

Leeds United 9/4

Fulham 11/4

West Brom 3/1

Cardiff City 7/2

Huddersfield 7/2

Stoke City 7/2

Derby County 4/1

Sheffield Wednesday 9/2

Middlesbrough 5/1

Brentford 5/1

Swansea 7/1

Nottingham Forest 7/1

Bristol City 8/1

Luton Town 8/1

Birmingham 10/1

Hull City 12/1

Preston North End 12/1

Blackburn Rovers 12/1

Charlton 12/1

Barnsley 16/1

Millwall 16/1

QPR 16/1

Reading 16/1

Wigan 16/1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-odds-201920-leeds-united-16369196

WhiteJC

EFL to clamp down on Twitter jibes after clubs' petty point-scoring... while the IOC give Lord Coe cold shoulder
Clubs have been using their Twitter accounts to engage in childish jibing
Aaron Ramsey's plans to build an extension at his £6m Cardiff home approved
Seb Coe isn't among the names that have been put forward for IOC membership

Social media has descended into something of a playground for a number of EFL clubs, who have been using their Twitter accounts to engage in childish point-scoring and name calling.

Leeds were criticised after mocking Derby following their play-off final defeat to Aston Villa while Brentford and Fulham were involved in a pathetic spat following the latter's relegation.

Sports Agenda has heard one Championship manager was so angered by a tweet taking the mickey out of a rival that he demanded it be taken down immediately.

The EFL, who have already warned clubs not to target referees on their social media accounts, are expected to remind officials of their respect campaign at their annual summer jaunt to Portugal later this week.

Meanwhile, Premier League side Newcastle were quick to tweet their congratulations to Lee Bowyer after their former player led Charlton to victory over rivals Sunderland in the League One play-off final.

Ahead of the Cricket World Cup, journalists and photographers were invited to a security briefing at the Oval. Around half an hour after the International Cricket Council's head of security gave a presentation on the robust plans in place, a Getty Images photographer discovered that most of his gear — worth more than £10,000 — had been stolen.

Police were called and CCTV footage has been provided from Surrey's indoor facility, where the theft took place.

A Cricket World Cup spokesperson declined to comment, other than to point out that security at the event was the responsibility of the venue and not the ICC.

Former Arsenal defender and current academy coach Per Mertesacker was a surprise sight at Tottenham's Enfield training base in recent weeks. The German was studying for his coaching badges on enemy territory.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7096795/EFL-clamp-Twitter-jibes-clubs-petty-point-scoring.html