https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Ols_S on June 07, 2019, 12:02:34 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on June 06, 2019, 06:36:44 PM
Love how people just assume you stick up a building, and that is that, Christ..

There will be surveys to perform, archaeological scrapes, cairns/platforms set up to load/unload materials, and what people also forget, is that they will have to work with the tide of the the Thames.

Also, the underpinning will take its time, nothing will really move until this is done, as the stand will rely on this for it's foundations.

Can't help some fans, moaned when it wasn't going ahead, moaned when it did, now moaning that it's to slow!  :doh: 

Agree. Working in construction there is always a project tipping point, particularly on large projects. It can seem like not much is being achieved on site, but it is all the stuff that you cannot see. Then suddenly over the space of the last few months (probably 6 months in our case) a building suddenly and 'quickly' appears and takes shape.

Yes some serious work going on there, people in Pink High Viz they dont hand them out to just anybody.

cookieg

The club should put a live stream camera on the other side of the Thames so we can watch the progress.

I Ronic

Quote from: cookieg on June 07, 2019, 12:20:25 PM
The club should put a live stream camera on the other side of the Thames so we can watch the progress.

CravenCam

Nero

Quote from: I Ronic on June 07, 2019, 01:15:04 PM
Quote from: cookieg on June 07, 2019, 12:20:25 PM

CravenCam

Top of the Riverside looking down,

LittleErn

Quote from: Neil D on June 06, 2019, 04:21:08 PM
Quote from: Southdowns White on June 06, 2019, 04:19:29 PM
Apparently they have already dug up 47 old footballs, most of them from shots from our players that never hit the target! 
Must have been Zamora
Quote from: Fernhurst on June 06, 2019, 05:12:47 PM
Zamora?

Tosh Chamberlain more like.
Anyone know how he is? Well up into to eighties I believe.
Hope he is well.

Nah... Tosh's misses went into Bishop's park or Stevenage road (depending on which end). more likely to  be from John Chenhall's clearances - there's a rumour that one ended up in a barge and turned up in Greenwich. Now THAT's a long kick!

sarnian

Not many balls in the river next season as I expect the Riverside stand to be there all winter.

The first works will be on the river putting in piling and to establish footings for the new stand. Only when that is completed will they demolish the present stand.

I may be wrong but I would have thought knocking down the present stand first would destabilise the foundations possibly affecting the present Riverside wall.

Looking forward to moving back to the Riverside on completion.

lomotd

Brentford have someone unofficial with a drone that goes around the stadium every week and posts great quality updates. Any own one fancy doing something similar? Just watch out for the flight path above lol!

SP

Quote from: sarnian on June 07, 2019, 03:45:13 PM
Not many balls in the river next season as I expect the Riverside stand to be there all winter.

I may be wrong but I would have thought knocking down the present stand first would destabilise the foundations possibly affecting the present Riverside wall.

Looking forward to moving back to the Riverside on completion.

Any idea where the dugouts will be?

Ronnief

Adjacent to the half way line!!!

love4ffc

Lifted this image feom Twitter.   Looks like the Cottage is getting some work done also. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Vinnieffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 06, 2019, 03:56:07 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 06, 2019, 03:41:54 PM
Actually, they're searching for the Michael Jackson statue.

or Mark Fotheringhams Man of the Match awards
Or my shed

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Fernhurst

Bad weather stopped the cricket and the building works?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MikeW

I used to do a lot in the exhibition business.  We always reckoned once the Hoover came it was job done!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Fernhurst

Thank you FOF, great shots, very interesting.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Friendsoffulham

Section of H1 being removed to facilitate a disabled section, Bishops Park being segregated off to store machinery and equipment.

Nero

surprised they didn't try and sell the seats as mementos

love4ffc

So, they are extending the marine break wall further in to the river? Assume they are widening the walk way and people will be able to walk along the river behind the new stand?
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ron

Quote from: lomotd on June 07, 2019, 05:40:06 PM
Brentford have someone unofficial with a drone that goes around the stadium every week and posts great quality updates. Any own one fancy doing something similar? Just watch out for the flight path above lol!

The Bees always have plenty of drones circling....