https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 26, 2019, 04:39:06 PM
Club confirmed a time-lapse camera to be set up - via FST

We knew this anyway, as a representative of Friends of Fulham had been in contact with the Club, asking if there'd be one implemented, and they said yes, after we ran a successful Twitter campaign.

Andy S

The demolition will start in September I doubt that it will be a 5 min job

fulhamben

Hmm didnt cross my mind about the bar going, what are they doing for the hammy end
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on July 27, 2019, 12:16:29 AM
The demolition will start in September I doubt that it will be a 5 min job

I would have thought they would have completed the Construction by now.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2019, 02:48:46 PM
Hmm didnt cross my mind about the bar going, what are they doing for the hammy end

There is a Yard of Ale contest going on at this very moment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Thanks for the pic FoF.  My wife asked what's happening with the ground developments so now I can show her with me in the picture too.

millsy

Can someone explain the reference to the "Hammersmith Mound" in the latest FST notes. Is this the patch in front of the George Cohen statue?

I tried to find out on Saturday whether the back gate which exits onto the towpath towards Hammersmith, will remain in use throughout the demolition but no-one seemed to know.

Do the FST notes suggest that this exit will stay in place?

Andy S

So where is the corporate box now?

SP

Seeing her in this state does feel like a fall from grace for a stand that us Riversders love (despite our poor press).

WhiteJC

Riverside Stand Work Update

Fulham Football Club looks forward to welcoming supporters back to Craven Cottage this season and ahead of our SkyBet Championship clash with Blackburn this Saturday, we can provide an update on the Riverside Stand works taking place.

Following the installation of the constructor's compound in Bishops Park at the end of June there have been changes that you will notice. The compound itself is hoarded off at a section of Bishops Park and prior to its installation ground protection was laid, along with protection of trees in the vicinity. This compound, starting adjacent to the Putney End wall, occupies an area of 5500 m2 within Fielders Meadow.

The Riverside Stand has already undertaken a soft strip of any non-structural elements. This is an essential part of the preparation that is required prior to demolition. As a consequence, you will notice seating has been removed from the stand along with the fixtures and furnishing in the lounges.

In addition, a temporary gantry has been built pitchside, adjacent to the current shell that remains from the stand. This gantry will be used for media purposes and by the analysis teams of the home and away sides. In order to separate the works taking place inside the stadium bowl, hoarding has been installed and painted at both the Hammersmith & Putney End.

Recent work has included the removal of the hospitality boxes in the corner of the Putney End which have been taken down in the past week.

Additionally, a new disabled deck has been installed in the Putney end along with a temporary first aid room, which is located behind the stand.

Those observing the works from the Putney bank will notice a jacked-up barge in place on the river. This barge is adorned with a crane and has been thoroughly tested, ready to commence piling.  On Tuesday, the piling rig, the first of its kind in the country, arrived by barge. A team will test and commission the 70 tonne machine. It was transferred onto the jacked-up platform on Wednesday with piling (some piles up to 50m deep) set to commence imminently.

Saturday's fixture v Blackburn Rovers will also see the players from both sides lining up in front of the Johnny Haynes stand before the match.

We will be providing regular updates on the works during the season however, during this time, the overall capacity at Craven Cottage is reduced to three stands being in operation and away areas now limited to Blocks P5 & P6 within the Putney End.

Supporters are reminded that whilst three sides of the ground will be in operation during the Riverside Stand works, the Putney End will have dedicated blocks for home and away supporters. There is no longer a mixed/neutral section within the Putney End seating blocks.

Whilst the Putney End concourse area will be mixed, blocks P1, P2, P3 & P4 are designated home seating areas only. P5 & P6 is the designated away area.

There will be an appropriate security presence in the Putney End for each game to manage Home and Away Fans sharing facilities in the concourse area. This will be based upon consultation between the club, police and relevant local authorities.

Following this consultation, the Club will be enforcing sale restrictions. This also means that Season Ticket Holders and Members purchasing tickets for others will still be possible, however, the purchaser is responsible for these tickets and must ensure that seats occupied in the home seating areas are by Fulham supporters.

There should not be any away supporters in any of the home seating areas inside the ground. Away supporters identified in home areas will be ejected.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/august/07/riverside-stand-update

Neil D

Can't help feeling the wrong stand is being demolished.

Fernhurst

Quote from: SP on July 28, 2019, 11:56:03 AM
Seeing her in this state does feel like a fall from grace for a stand that us Riversders love (despite our poor press).

Yes, the end of an era, difficult  😢
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Neil D on August 07, 2019, 02:26:57 PM

For gods sake man. Let them know before its too late

Vinnieffc

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 07, 2019, 03:32:21 PM
Quote from: Neil D on August 07, 2019, 02:26:57 PM

For gods sake man. Let them know before its too late
Aaaggghhhhh they knocked down the wrong listed building [emoji6]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The Enclosurite

Does anybody know what the actual capacity figure is for this season?  I know it's around 19000 but what is the exact figure?
¡COYW!

MJG

Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 07, 2019, 10:28:56 PM
Does anybody know what the actual capacity figure is for this season?  I know it's around 19000 but what is the exact figure?
there is no exact figure as such because it will change due to various works going on, but 19k is standard figure to quote.
Just the views of a long term fan

The Enclosurite

Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2019, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 07, 2019, 10:28:56 PM
there is no exact figure as such because it will change due to various works going on, but 19k is standard figure to quote.

Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks MJG.
¡COYW!

DanVerSar

I walked past the ground yesterday and very busy with builders etc. Most of the activity was behind the Putney end in Bishop's park behind the fenced off areas. Quite a lot of the park in this enclosure was being dug up, moved etc. Does anyone know why or what is going in this area?