Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 30, 2019, 06:17:30 AM
076.got
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 13, 2019, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on September 12, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Have they struck oil yet ?

Sorry No.
Items found So far and waiting to be claimed.

1 set of Dentures.
Return Train Ticket to Orpington,dated 25th March 1959
Packet of Tosh Chamberlain's Woodbines(Unopened)
Blue Trench Coat(with shopping list in pocket)
1/2lb of cheese
Jar of Blackcurrant Jam
Packet of Rich tea
Packet of Firelighters
1/4 lb of Dolly Mixtures.

1 Gold Watch engraved(To Rupert Sidebottom) champion roadsweeper of Putney 1937.
A false leg with a size 14 hobnail boot intact.
A diary belonging to Albert Munchings(5th of May 1937 highlighted in red ink(The day I murdered my cheating wife).
All of these items can be collected from the groundsman.

049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

You forgot to mention a Flamethrower, a full size orthopaedic Skeleton, a Ventriloquist Dummy, a Water Cannon, The Dead Sea Scrolls, the remains of  A Barrow in Furness FC Football Banner.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HillingdonFFC

I know its a very complex build but the stand is taking ages to come down. Was there a couple of weeks ago & hardly anything done since then . Didn't seem too much going on there when I went although it was a friday so it was probably POETS day for the builders

bobby01

When you look at the picture from the hammy end, it shows how basic stands are really
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

SP

Quote from: bobby01 on October 06, 2019, 04:17:27 PM
When you look at the picture from the hammy end, it shows how basic stands are really

Funny, that struck me looking at that picture. Admittedly, we Riversiders don't move around a great deal.

Riversider

Can somebody answer a question for me, looking at a picture of the new stand in the brochure they sent out with the season ticket applications,  it struck me that there doesn't appear to be any pitch facing hospitality boxes going across the width of the stand, is that correct ?
Surely it's my mistake as that must be where all the big money is at any football ground.

Fernhurst

Thank you for the update, interesting.
Think we are not seeing rapid progress because all efforts are going into completing the 31 (?) piles being driven into the Thames to take the weight of the structure.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

The thought of 31 piles is putting me off my tea!

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on October 06, 2019, 04:39:35 PM
Can somebody answer a question for me, looking at a picture of the new stand in the brochure they sent out with the season ticket applications,  it struck me that there doesn't appear to be any pitch facing hospitality boxes going across the width of the stand, is that correct ?
Surely it's my mistake as that must be where all the big money is at any football ground.
its telling that there isn't and I'm led to believe that comes from Khan in his belief that the real money is made within and on the other side of the stand and he wanted seats instead of boxes facing the pitch.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Quote from: MJG on October 06, 2019, 05:48:03 PM
its telling that there isn't and I'm led to believe that comes from Khan in his belief that the real money is made within and on the other side of the stand and he wanted seats instead of boxes facing the pitch.
He must think the toffs would rather sit and view the river than watch football.

FFCAli

Quote from: filham on October 06, 2019, 06:28:09 PM
He must think the toffs would rather sit and view the river than watch football.

He could well be right.  At Wimbledon and Queen's the hosts are surprised if a guest expresses a desire to watch the tennis.

MJG

Quote from: filham on October 06, 2019, 06:28:09 PM
but also with a football ground only in use maybe 25 times a year the other 340 days bring in extra on that side.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Are boxes even that lucrative anyway? The average box must take up the space of about 50 seats.

ron

Rupert and Tarquin think that muddied oafs are rather vulgar. How much better to watch the privileged sculling the afternoons away on the tide....

LBNo11

Some very interesting photos showing the extent of the preparation / work in progress. I was going to collect some such photos for historical posterity, but this saves me doing so.

If anyone is interested I have a collection of photographs of the old Thamesbank terrace being prepared and the new (now old) Riverside stand being erected which I can post on here (If I remember how to!) or if the Mods would prefer, on another new thread...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

b+w geezer

Quote from: bobby01 on October 06, 2019, 04:17:27 PM

Sure does. And for that reason, I'd imagine July 2021 would be feasible for having the new seating used on matchdays, even if not all the lounges etc. within were fully-fiitted out for the first few weeks.

Even fewer of the facilities facing the river would be essential for Matchday 1.

Ideally everything is completely finished in time, but there is a lot that could overrun without preventing football in the meantime.

Statto

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 06, 2019, 09:46:13 PM
Some very interesting photos showing the extent of the preparation / work in progress. I was going to collect some such photos for historical posterity, but this saves me doing so.

If anyone is interested I have a collection of photographs of the old Thamesbank terrace being prepared and the new (now old) Riverside stand being erected which I can post on here (If I remember how to!) or if the Mods would prefer, on another new thread...

Yes would be interested to see that

SG

Quote from: Statto on October 07, 2019, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on October 06, 2019, 09:46:13 PM

Yes would be interested to see that

Agreed would be good to see. Was at the opening game against Benfica,(??) still have the ticket somewhere

Andy S

In Saturdays programme Shad khan says the stand is expected to be completely demolished by the end of the year