Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on February 05, 2020, 03:32:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 05, 2020, 03:02:24 PM
Quote from: Riversider on February 05, 2020, 02:49:39 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on November 15, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
https://ffcw001.azureedge.net/-/media/downloads/pdf/a3_info_session_nov_2019_single.jpg

Worth bringing this to the top again as a refresher for everyone , it's only two months from now that all being well we start to see the frame of the new stand rising from the ground,
I must say also, what a winter we chose to build this stand, I bet everybody involved can't believe their luck , they must have factored in to lose some days due to the weather during January and February,  well no such need this year, I'll be surprised if the work is behind schedule at this stage, well I hope not anyway.
My last conversation with club staff two weeks ago said that it was maybe going to be neaer the second half of the year that they reach that point of seeing the frame go up. Still a lot of prep work to do and the basement they are digging out is massive. The frame you can see at the Putney end is for Police/medical rooms.

Then that would suggest they are already two months behind the schedule, would be very surprised if that was the case
Only in relation to that document, still on track with their opening date.
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamfan

https://ffcw001.azureedge.net/-/media/downloads/pdf/a3_info_session_nov_2019_single.jpg

Worth bringing this to the top again as a refresher for everyone , it's only two months from now that all being well we start to see the frame of the new stand rising from the ground,
I must say also, what a winter we chose to build this stand, I bet everybody involved can't believe their luck , they must have factored in to lose some days due to the weather during January and February,  well no such need this year, I'll be surprised if the work is behind schedule at this stage, well I hope not anyway.
My last conversation with club staff two weeks ago said that it was maybe going to be neaer the second half of the year that they reach that point of seeing the frame go up. Still a lot of prep work to do and the basement they are digging out is massive. The frame you can see at the Putney end is for Police/medical rooms.

Then that would suggest they are already two months behind the schedule, would be very surprised if that was the case

The UK is lazy

HamsterWheel

Bound to be late - I've only ever seen one builder on site, and he seems to prefer a flag to a shovel....
I'm not sure the mild winter will have helped - it's been very wet so they'll have been pumping out all the time.

mancwhite

Should have got the Chinese into to build it - the way they got that hospital up and running we would be sitting in it now 😂
Your just too good to be true Fulham

west kowloon white

Must be climate change ,inclusion,homophobia etc.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: gang on February 05, 2020, 03:16:36 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on February 04, 2020, 07:10:41 PM
Not sure if this has been asked and answered yet but,

does anyone know if the pitch will increase in width when the new stand is finished? 

I don't imagine so.
Think we already have max width as it is, so very much doubt it.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

General

Quote from: mancwhite on February 05, 2020, 04:24:20 PM
Should have got the Chinese into to build it - the way they got that hospital up and running we would be sitting in it now 😂

Trust me you really don't want that.. the standards and type of job that will be achieved in a 10 day period will be extremely basic.

General

Out of interest - does anyone know what the extra capacity will bring in (if full) per season on an average ticket price for the stand prior to demolition (I'm assuming to recoup costs and for 'the privilege' prices will go up, not looking for a scientific figure) and how much the stand is supposedly going to cost? Wondering how long it'd take to recoup costs and make a profit. Assuming also that retail spaces and restaurant/living spaces and meeting rooms will add extra revenue, but harder to predict so leaving it out.

May have been noted before but 17 pages is a lot to sift through...

General

Quote from: General on February 05, 2020, 07:05:51 PM
Out of interest - does anyone know what the extra capacity will bring in (if full) per season on an average ticket price for the stand prior to demolition (I'm assuming to recoup costs and for 'the privilege' prices will go up, not looking for a scientific figure) and how much the stand is supposedly going to cost? Wondering how long it'd take to recoup costs and make a profit. Assuming also that retail spaces and restaurant/living spaces and meeting rooms will add extra revenue, but harder to predict so leaving it out.

Decided not to be lazy - quoted at around £80 mill - although these things tend to go over budget, with a full capacity of 29,600 expected.. current capacity 25,700. - only 3,900 extra seats, although with a new stand.

If we went off the maths of 3,900 x £40 (conservative cost) and 19 home games a season (based on a premiership fixture level only), it'd see revenue increase by £2,964,000 a year. So it'd take 27 years to recoup on that basic level.

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on February 05, 2020, 07:11:50 PM

Decided not to be lazy - quoted at around £80 mill - although these things tend to go over budget, with a full capacity of 29,600 expected.. current capacity 25,700. - only 3,900 extra seats, although with a new stand.

If we went off the maths of 3,900 x £40 (conservative cost) and 19 home games a season (based on a premiership fixture level only), it'd see revenue increase by £2,964,000 a year. So it'd take 27 years to recoup on that basic level.

Factor in the rent from retail units plus however much they make from the premium food/drink vendors they're going to put in there, plus what I think would also be a normal functioning restaurant based on the survey they did for it.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

If you are calculating covering costs you should include the potential of the restaurant  gym and other facilities to be included in the new stand plus the apartments which must be there for the financial benefit of the club.

Oops sorry Modified - obviously like minds with that immediately above.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: General on February 05, 2020, 07:11:50 PM

You are not factoring in the extra sponsorship a club with "premium seating" gets vs club with only "standard seating". In addition, the stand is built with money from investment from Mr Khan that doesn't count towards FFP, but the revenue raised from gate receipts is included in FFP, so we can spend an extra £2,964,000 (using your numbers) on players, that is hopefully enough to finish one place higher per season (e.g. 2nd in Championship vs 3rd Championship) or (17th in Premier League vs 18th  in Premier League). Finishing one place higher affects TV money and that affect the position for the next season too. One place higher each season over 10 years get us to around 13th in the Premier League, instead of 3rd in the Championship.

Mr K.Dilkington

Have you seen those videos of Chinese blocks of flats collapsing with people inside? lol
Foolish ham

ealex40

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on February 06, 2020, 06:19:35 PM

Have you seen those videos of Chinese blocks of flats collapsing with people inside? lol

I remember some years ago, the Chinese thought they would add a subterranean level below an existing high rise apartment building. Guess what? In no time the high rise become a single story, laying on it's side.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamross on February 05, 2020, 03:54:57 PM

The UK is lazy

Thanks for that enlightening observation.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on February 06, 2020, 08:08:15 PM

The UK is lazy

Thanks for that enlightening observation.

We have waited 20 years for the Riverside to be rebuilt another 2 months is nothing.

PhilEsh

I met with one of the hospitality team last week as they came out to our office regarding next years renewal. From what I understand, the new steel construction taking place on the river side of the Putney End will be additional club VIP entertainment places. The police and medical facilities are being built into the new stand.

Woolly Mammoth

The UK is lazy

You obviously don't live here.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Friendsoffulham

You can see where the pylons have gone in now, and the concrete base laid across the top, forming the pier.

KeenCottager

One positive thing that may come from this awful virus is that we must at least be on schedule with the redevelopment -  surely we have a chance here to get ahead and maybe open the stand earlier than first estimated – there will be extra hours and days in the coming weeks that we are available to proceed with the building works (unless the workforce is not available)

Anyone been past the Taj? Much activity on site?