more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2020, 08:14:19 PM
Is it me or has progress really slowed? Was sure the steel frame would be going up by now, even allowing for Covid
Although there was work going on, none of the big stuff was being done
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Baston White

Looking at the construction timeline previously issued by FFC we are at least 3 - 4 months behind.
We are still carrying out ground works that should have been completed in February and March.
April should have seen steelwork being erected and as the timeline says:
The new Riverside Stand will now be a visible feature of the skyline!!
That's a lot of catching up to do.

Brawn

That's quite worrying, I have been told the similar work being done at The Oval were ahead of schedule because of coronavirus (no matchdays of course, more work can be done).

Penfold

Quote from: Brawn on July 15, 2020, 10:07:54 PM
That's quite worrying, I have been told the similar work being done at The Oval were ahead of schedule because of coronavirus (no matchdays of course, more work can be done).

Updates I've seen on Nursery Ground development at Lord's also progressing. The upper levels seem to be ahead of schedule.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2020, 08:14:19 PM
Is it me or has progress really slowed? Was sure the steel frame would be going up by now, even allowing for Covid

As I said 5 posts above yours , the steel frame should have started going up in April, some of the glazing should have been going in by now, best estimates would suggest the project is at least 4 months behind schedule.

Andy S

It's also strange that we never see the development on Fulham tv

filham

The project should have enjoyed a 3 month summer break from matches but in fact that was replaced with 3 months of Covid 19 so I imagine there has been a lot of disruption.
It really looks as if the programme has slipped and the suggested 4 moth lost is not going to be made up, what is the current progress I wonder.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2020, 10:38:33 AM
The project should have enjoyed a 3 month summer break from matches but in fact that was replaced with 3 months of Covid 19 so I imagine there has been a lot of disruption.
It really looks as if the programme has slipped and the suggested 4 moth lost is not going to be made up, what is the current progress I wonder.

Just spoke to my mate who works in the construction industry & he said just that. A lot of the projects & developments his company are working on are behind schedule.
He said Buckingham would have sub contractors involved & many of those would have staff furloughed. My mates site is currently working on a skeleton staff

f321ffc

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 16, 2020, 11:08:19 AM
Quote from: filham on July 16, 2020, 10:38:33 AM

Just spoke to my mate who works in the construction industry & he said just that. A lot of the projects & developments his company are working on are behind schedule.
He said Buckingham would have sub contractors involved & many of those would have staff furloughed. My mates site is currently working on a skeleton staff
Also the supply chain for materials is very erratic at the moment.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on May 06, 2020, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on November 15, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
https://ffcw001.azureedge.net/-/media/downloads/pdf/a3_info_session_nov_2019_single.jpg

If as the Club say, progress is still on track, then this month is set to be the most exciting so far as we get to see the huge steel frame starting to go up, will be a real poignant moment when we get to see the first picture showing this happening.

Would be nice if somebody from the club or the supporters trust could give us a long overdue update now, as you can see from the link above, the steel frame was supposed to go up in April,
So I would like to know, when is work on the steel frame expected to commence , and what is the new scheduled completion date ?

KJS

Why don't you email the club and ask them to post something on the official site 🙄

3-lions

As someone who regularly jogs on the Barnes side of the River. They are still working on the excavation of the basements, but some piling has commenced. You can hear the noise. So it looks the project is between 5-6 months behind.

gang

The work time schedule was altered when football stopped.

BestOfBrede

Skeleton staff can only work on the lighter stuff as they don't have the muscle for the heavier stuff!

Fernhurst

Bit of a worry......
Some of us are waiting anxiously to see the finished article.
Stood on the terrace in 1958 before The Riverside was built.
Attended the first game v Benfica in section W when The Riverside Stand was opened 1971.
Attended the last game v Newcastle in section W in 2019 before the demolition started.
Very very keen to sit in the new Khan Stand in 2022.

Get ya finger out boys, some of us are desperate. Lol

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Something has gone adrift with the project, no formal news or pictures for a long time now.

70sPimlico

Quote from: filham on August 11, 2020, 08:25:20 PM
Something has gone adrift with the project, no formal news or pictures for a long time now.
Something has gone adrift with the project?

The club updates about every 2 to 3 months officially. The last was mid June. Shahid Khan referenced the project last week in a positive light for the future of the whole club in light of promotion.

I have no proof obviously but I'd suggest everything is hunky dory

Andy S

Councils need to inspect at certain stages of all large construction. Who knows whether they are being used to ensure COVID safety is being carried out correctly? Not all inspectors are river trained

_Putney_

I will pop down to take a photo shortly, but I think.. big think... there is signs of some frame going up.

filham

Quote from: _Putney_ on August 13, 2020, 04:50:12 PM
I will pop down to take a photo shortly, but I think.. big think... there is signs of some frame going up.
Quote from: _Putney_ on August 13, 2020, 04:50:12 PM
We eagerly await your next post .It will be great to see some definite evidence of progress.